July 2017 Moms
Options

Second Trimester Headaches anyone??

I started to get these intense headaches a couple of nights ago, definitely not migraine comparable but still very very uncomfortable and nothing like this experienced with my DD. 

I am 15 weeks, anyone have similar experiences? I see my OB next week and will definitely be bringing it up. 

TIA
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Second Trimester Headaches anyone??

• Options
    yes! been having them since about 12 weeks. Mine are for sure migraines as they are one sided and come with vomiting. Its awful. Tylenol does nothing. Tylenol and caffeine helps a little. My doc prescribed something a little stronger which I take when necessary and if they continue she's going to put me on preventative meds. I've also been trying to watch what I eat and stay well hydrated. 
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    Thanks @ams512! I had quickly glanced at it I must not have gone deep enough into the pages! I will for sure post any symptom related issues there in the future ! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had terrible migraines and I believe @caribbeanmama recommended a coca-cola with the Tylenol.  It helped me for sure (and I used serious tryptans before ttgp).  
  • Options
    @Rochelle2012 yes! I've been to the chiro and gotten multiple massages but they still come back. 

@ladipale mine are also one sided. The right side of my face and my neck hurt so much and Tylenol doesn't do much at all. 

Sorry no solutions here but I'm with you!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just started taking magnesium to try to prevent them. My doc said the dosage was 500mg once a day, but since it can be a laxative I'm trying 250mg first.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Do you ladies find they are worse at night? It was definitely there at work today (plus I use screens mostly all day), but nothing compared to how they are starting around 6/630PM each night. 

@theweevee @Creedon778 @ladipale
  • Options
    My worst ones are the ones that I wake up with... go to bed fine and wake up in excruciating pain. The ones I get that peak in the evening tend to be more to do with hydration and not eating enough.
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    My doctor gave me a prescription for something but I never even got it bc I felt uncomfortable taking it.

My doc also said Benadryl would help. I used it today on a particularly bad one and it did work. I half dosed while son played so it also might have helped that I just laid down and shut my eyes. 

A hot shower with the showerhead aimed on my head sometimes worked. 

I've noticed my headaches are worse when I would guess my blood pressure goes up. Like today ds had a big tantrum in public. Got a headache right away and it proceeded to get worse. 
  • Options
    @Rochelle2012 yes! I force myself to go to bed earlier because the only thing that helps is sleeping it off. I usually wake up fine. 
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Horrible headaches! Caffeine, hot shower, and Tylenol. I usually wear contacts but wearing glasses has helped a lot. 
  • Options
    Yes!! They just started for me this past weekend. I'm just over 12 weeks now. Sucks so much! I've also found the coke with Tylenol trick to work well. 
  • Options
    Yep, I'm right there with you ladies.  Mine start in the evening and aren't too bad--just noticeable and annoying.  Hopefully, they won't get worse.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I think mine are from not drinking enough water. They last 24 hours and happen about once a week.  I am so mad at myself for not doing better about that this time. I was all over this issue last pregnancy. Woof. 
  • Options
    Just got over another bad one that lasted over 24 hours and including vomiting. I have a new plan with OB.. basically I need to be more aggressive from the beginning of the headache so I'll be taking 2 norco and 1 anti- nausea pill and going to bed when I have a bad one. In the hopes that taking more meds up front will prevent me from needing more later on. Let me tell you - taking tylenol with a coke back fires big time when you throw up the coke 5 mins later. yuck!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    Oh wow! I'm so sorry you're dealing with these!! Do you usually get migraines or is this just because of the hormones?! 
  • Options
    I've made a chart to monitor how much water I'm drinking and that has definitely helped with headaches the most. Also keeping your acidity in check (don't let yourself get hungry, have neatralising basic foods) It's cold and it's hard to drink so much water but it's what helps me the most. 
  • Options
    I think mine are from not drinking enough water. They last 24 hours and happen about once a week.  I am so mad at myself for not doing better about that this time. I was all over this issue last pregnancy. Woof. 
    I think this is my problem also. Not enough water but water makes me puke. Sucks. 
  • Options
    I've had this a while but it's slowly getting worse. My nipples are super sensitive. I've used nipple cream already bc they were itchy but now they're just sore if my clothing is loose and rubs or when I'm taking my clothes off. 

I started filling a 1 gallon pitcher and trying to drink 3/4 of it a day. Have not met my goal yet but now atleast I have a way to track. 
  • Options
    I just posted this on another thread but I've had enough of these migraines! My OB prescribed fioricet today so we'all see of it helps. I'm not a huge fan of taking meds but I can't function like this. Nothing was helping and I've had a headache/migraine for over 50 hours straight. I didn't have them last pregnancy and I'm really hoping they subside soon
  • Options
    Um, it just started a couple days ago and Wont. Go. Away. Tylenol and caffeine is useless
  • Options
    Mine are still going strong also :( saw my OB yesterday and she said the same thing to try and nip it from the beginning (I drink loads of water so it's not that). Come one Tylenol start working !!
  • Options
    There is this old Chinese remedy called white flower oil.  It's a topical analgesic.  We apply it to stomaches for stomachaches and temples for headaches.  My old roommate used to swear by it for hangovers. 

Warning: the stuff has a very strong fragrance.  I like it since I've used it since childhood.  But it's not everybody's jam.
  • Options
    The good news: after having given up caffeine entirely starting early in pregnancy, having a cup of coffee today brought my migraine down to a 1/10!

The bad news: after having given up caffeine entirely starting early in pregnancy, having a cup of coffee today has given me ALL OF THE JITTERS.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    I had a migraine/headache(would go up and down) over a 4 day span! Total misery. 
  • Options
    I'm having the worst splitting headache iv had in a long time. It's  been over 24 hours and it's driving me nuts.