July 2017 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday

I hope nobody minds me starting this one today.

So...who's the TW for you today?

For me it's the parent who insisted on having a meeting with me and the guidance counselor at 7:15 am (before school starts) today (the day after a 3 day weekend), and then didn't show up!!  We called...he "completely forgot!"  Guess this meeting wasn't as big of a priority after all?  Maybe something we could have just spoken about on the PHONE?  Ugh!

Re: TW Tuesday

• Options
    Is TW Tuesday whine? I couldn't find it on the long list of acronyms (I even looked!)

It is going to rain during rush hour and I don't want to walk home from the train in the rain. This is such a small whine.
  • Options
    @PurplePumpernickel I believe its "twat waffle" 
    My TW today is other drivers. I just went to get pizza, and I saw at least 7 people without their lights on even though it was pouring, one moron who was driving like 5 miles an hour half on the side of the road, half in the lane, no lights or foreways on for reasons I can't even explain, the handicap van driver who parked approximately 2 inches in front of my car on the street nearly blocking me in completely, this guy who nearly took out a school bus because he couldn't just wait to turn right (on a red light where you aren't supposed to turn right anyways) and the myriad of other examples of jack arsery that always occur every time I start to drive a car. It's worse now because I'm protecting the little life inside of me. Should be interesting to see how I feel when I have a newborn in my backseat. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh man!! 
    I just got back from taking my dog to the vet - he wanted a urine sample. I've only ever gotten them from my male dogs, but the vet tech came out with me, in the rain, with a tupperware on a stick to catch it, so not so bad. My dog even went practically on command! 

AND SHE MISSED THE CATCH.

Now I have to bring it in myself... right after I was telling my friend this morning about my shame at the OB the other day when I peed all over myself trying to get in the cup :-1:
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @chiquita928 That is so unbelievably disrespectful! I am so sorry you had to go in early and do all that for nothing. I am forgetful a lot of the times, but that's why I ALWAYS put everything into my phone calendar and set at least two reminders!! It's normal to forget things, but technology can absolutely help! I would forget 50% of the things I have scheduled if I didn't have my phone constantly screaming at me to remember! 
  • Options
    Wow @chiquita928 I second supermom--super disrespectful! I'm a super lazy and forgetful person and generally procrastinate and put things off when it only involves me but I would NEVER do that to another person. When it comes to making appointments, or keeping my word about things to others, you better believe I'm going to get it done and on time no matter what (set multiple alarms and reminders if I have to). The disregard other people have shocks me. 

My TW for today is my husband as usual lol. He makes a trip to the store to buy some special drinks for himself but doesn't bother to tell me when we need some diapers for our 1.5 YO! We need a few other things too but that's most important. Why are men (or maybe just my man?) always mainly thinking of their own needs/wants?! 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited January 2017
    @supermom83 @yellow1daisy I totally get that people forget things...DH and I synced our calendars on our phones so we would be up to date on everything. I would probably have been, "whatever" about it if the dad wasn't so insistent on having this meeting...and at the crack of dawn.

@yellow1daisy My DH is the worst about groceries. He is king of "get something different than what I asked for."  And he loves to ask me to stop by the store on the way home, but (when he was allowed to drive), would never see if I needed him to get anything...just would get whatever was impacting his life at the moment.
  • Options
    @chiquita928 I was supposed to have a meeting with a parent and the principal today as well. Parent and the kid never came to school today. At least call us?! Ugh! A she was very insistent on the meeting after an incident with another student on friday
  • Options
    @GlitterFish not laughing, I swear...just choking on, um...maybe just a little giggle
  • Options
    @GlitterFish this always happens to me, thankfully my OB always sends you home with a pee cup so now I just pee on myself at home. One of the nurses  suggested I do it in the shower when I was pretty far along with my twins, honestly it was much easier.

My TW is my c-section scar, it is aching so much the past few days. Dr. reassured me it's normal and reminded me I might have more scar tissue this time around, man is it sensative and aching, thank goodness my maternity clothes are all down from the attic.
  • Options
    ams512 said:
    @GlitterFish hope you can catch it with no problems. I'm a pro at catching urine (for dogs) but I basically do it every damn day. Sigh. 
    Thanks @ams512! I wish they had let me borrow that Tupperware/stick!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    The TW in my life today is the manager at the doggy day camp I take Moose to. He goes 1-2 times a week because I work 8-7 sometimes. Moose hadn't been in about a week and was getting antsy to play and I had housework to do (We dont have a backyard so we walk him every 3 hours or go to the dog park). I rarely ever take him if I'm off work because its a waste and hes not a hyper puppy.

I went to pick him up at 6 and the manager saw I was in street clothes. She asked why Moose was at camp since I was off. I told her I had a lot to do today and he needed to come play. She shook her head and said poor Moose, no one wants to spend time with him. BITCH.... 1 day! I needed 1 day to clean my house and take my car to the dealership. I just clamped my mouth shut and left with Moose. 
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @GlitterFish @munchkinsmama I'm so glad I'm not the only one who pees all over herself! I used to be pretty good at it, but after DS I'm so bad.
  • Options
    @sdang1 Stealing this from another thread, but

• Options
    @RubyRedPirate I would have thrown down on her. We have other reasons besides work to be busy all day and you are being a good owner and making sure he has time to play and get attention. Believe me if we could all stay home with nothing to do but play with our dogs we would, but you know, life... 

PS I love the name Moose :) 
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @RubyRedPirate, who the eff is she to tell you anything?  What if you just wanted him to have some interaction with other dogs that day?  I mean my dog liked playing with us fine but he LOVED a hanging out with my two sisters dogs.  Who is she to decide the acceptable reasons to use doggy daycare?  And what's wrong with her that she doesn't like money?  You are like eleventy millions times more kind and rational than I.  I would have ruined her day.
  • Options
    @rubyredpirate what a snob! Why is it any of her business why you placed him in daycare for the day? At least you made sure he was in a place with good care, and doesn't she get paid anyway? Ugh...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @RubyRedPirate Wow, what that manager said was some serious twat waffling action. I can't even believe someone would do that.... 
  • Options
    @RubyRedPirate He kind of looks like my MIL's dog. He was at least partially coon hound but he was an absolute mess as well as far as actually knowing what he was. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @Keris yea his DNA family tree had a lot of "mixed" instead of an actual breed. He was the only one of his litter at the humane society so I'd love to know what the others look like. I'm a vet tech so breeds and DNA tests always interest me!
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I have had to do that twice for dog when we first got him and after being peed on numerous times I found a yardstick taped to a soup ladle worked really well. The trick is nonchalantly inserting between his legs without him noticing! Haha and I was like 9 months pregnant, hilarious looking im sure, I really wish someone took a video of this. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish I have had to do that twice for dog when we first got him and after being peed on numerous times I found a yardstick taped to a soup ladle worked really well. The trick is nonchalantly inserting between his legs without him noticing! Haha and I was like 9 months pregnant, hilarious looking im sure, I really wish someone took a video of this. 
    Oooh I don't think I'm skilled enough with a ladle, but maybe a Tupperware on a spatula could work.... Thanks!
    I never had problems with my boy dogs... They liked to pee on things and the location of the pee was predictable!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So DH made this contraption and it worked! It's a Tupperware on a spatula on a curtain rod.

Pregnancy Ticker