June 2017 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday anyone????

I will give out the TW award this week to my mother in law.  We announced what the baby was via FB and my daughters middle name is my grandmothers name. Various family members including my grandmothers sisters have all commented on how sweet it is that I've chosen my grandmothers name as her middle name.  My due date also falls on my grandmothers birthday as well and how pleased my grandmother must be to have this baby due on her birthday.  My MIL then replied to picture with "I don't think so, my birthday is in August :-)"  Why?  Just why do you need to make my baby about you?  Perhaps I'm just being overly bitchy who knows...

Re: TW Tuesday anyone????

• Options
    @Wearmi1 My MIL would TOTALLY say something like this! So annoying.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine goes out to the furniture delivery guys who were supposed to come between 4 and 9 and instead showed up at 3:20 which made the dog lose it, which woke the toddler who had just gone down for her first nap of the day (3 hours late!), which means we are now all exhausted and cranky. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 I had something similar happen last 
    month.  We were getting a new alarm installed and they showed up the day before the scheduled appointment!  We purposely scheduled the day because my husband was going to be home and the guy shows up at 830 AM!  It was during my Christmas break so my kids and I were all still in our pjs.  It was soooooo irritating!  I feel your pain.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @Wearmi1 Your MIL must be my MIL's sister.  Ugh... 

My TW goes out to whichever parent brought their ill child into daycare last week which kicked off the weekend from hell in my household.  
  • Options
    KB00 said:
    I'm mostly a lurker but intro'd and contributed reallyyy early in the board so I hope it's ok that I come out of hiding for this because I need to VENT ! 

My TW goes out to my own mother. We have not been getting along lately - mostly because I have been calling her out on her crazy lately. But of course, she was at my mini sex reveal I had at my house with just close family to announce we were having another boy. She ONLY wanted me to have a girl. In the video (before the cheers from everyone else) is a very loud and noticeable groan of disappointment from her. So now not only do I have the memory of her blatant disappointment while I watched her react, but in now in the video, all I can hear is her groan. I'm so pissed she acted so selfishly and that it is heard in the video. Ugh. 
    Ouch! That's so not cool!! 
  • Options
    @Wino0920 and @halfthetree thank you!! I thought at first I was being dramatic because I'm still angry about a lot of her dramatics. But this was too much. I didn't acknowledge it at all and kept my distance from her until she left. I just spent the afternoon with everyone else who was genuinely excited for us. 

Also - there have been a lot of TW at work today when I let them know I'm having a boy and they say "oh you've gotta try for a third to get your girl" or "I wish you had a girl".
  • Options
    My third period class became the Twat Waffle House today. Over half of them didn't have their homework finished, even though it was a short assignment, and they've had some class time to work on it.

Grrrrrr.
  • Options
    @kb00 I feel for you, I'd be pissed if my mom was anything other than delighted about my baby to be.  How frustrating and what a crummy way to ruin your day. 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31, ugh that is even worse! A full day early?! At 8AM!
  • Options
    My TW also goes out to my MIL, who keeps "suggesting" names for our daughter in order to try to find out what we're naming her. After the 4th text I stopped wasting my time.
  • Options
    My third period class became the Twat Waffle House today. Over half of them didn't have their homework finished, even though it was a short assignment, and they've had some class time to work on it.

Grrrrrr.
    I can relate! My fifth graders just had a four day weekend to just finish a writing assignment that we worked on IN CLASS on Thursday. More than half my class didn't finish. I was livid. Now we have to waste more instructional time on stuff that should have been done and ready to peer reviewed. Ugh definitely TW worthy!! 
  • Options
    @KB00 The same thing happened to me! I'm sorry  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with this too. I almost half expected it because she would say "no it's a girl" anytime I brought up the possibility of it being a boy. But I thought she'd at least hide her disappointment out of respect for my feelings. It broke my heart because t feels people gave up their excitement for my baby now that it's "just another boy". So so sorry you're in the same boat as me.
  • Options
    KB00 said:
    I'm so sorry you have to deal with this too. I almost half expected it because she would say "no it's a girl" anytime I brought up the possibility of it being a boy. But I thought she'd at least hide her disappointment out of respect for my feelings. It broke my heart because t feels people gave up their excitement for my baby now that it's "just another boy". So so sorry you're in the same boat as me.
    My sister had 2 boys before me, so I pretty much expected it too. It's been almost 3 weeks and every time the baby is mentioned, there's a comment about my sister having better luck with #3! (Which will be her husbands #5)
    I hope your family gets over it quickly!! It suuuuuucks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    My TW is my Dad who is missing DD's birthday because he is getting furniture delivered at his new vacation condo and doesn't want to reschedule it.  Even though I reminded him a million times when her party was.  
  • Options
    kahlan82 said:
    @JessyKV That is ridiculous. Priorities
    He's selfish . There is a long list of things like this he has done.  He missed my college graduation and was out of town the week I was due with DD.  he was annoyed he had to fly home early because I was scheduled at 39 weeks.  

I told him he needs to prioritize his family while crying on the phone last night because hormones and he said how he is but he's busy and has things that need to get done and why didn't I plan the party on a Sunday? 

Sometimes i I think about cutting him or of our lives but he has his moments and I do love the as*hole for some reason.  

He's coming to our house for dinner the week before to celebrate with her instead. Since I was upset. 
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 , @FSUNole31 It must just be a bad day for installers, our central vac install scheduled for today included 3 extra drywall holes for me to patch, nearly included a hole in the finished floor, and is to be continued friday because they brought all the wrong attachments (30 ft hose instead of 35, no hose sock, and all of them the wrong brand).

First of all, I have shit to do Friday, and I already lost half a day of work today, so 2x in the same work week is incredibly frustrating. Second of all, I was not prepared to have to do patches myself. I am capable, but felt like this should have been better communicated. We are having people over Sunday for the NFC/AFC championship games, and I'm not excited about trying to get all the repairs done in time.

Like, I don't expect you to be perfect, but you should be good at at least one aspect of your job. How do you even bring the wrong shit? Smh.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late to the party today becuase of work. Mine goes to my lovely husband. I started the day yesterday with some violent stomach flu at 1am. I was so sick and couldn't stop with the vomit or diarrhea that I considered going to the ER for fluids. He got sick after dinner and literally acted like he was dying. He rolled on the floor of our bathroom clutching his stomach at one point. This morning I woke up and took care of our son before I left him in charge so I could go to work this afternoon. He assured me he was feeling better and could handle it. I came home to a house that looks like a bomb went off and a husband sitting on the couch eating ice cream. He told me the ice cream flavor I bought wasn't his favorite. I told him cleaning up the house must not be his favorite either. 
  • Options
    kassyfry said:
    I'm late to the party today becuase of work. Mine goes to my lovely husband. I started the day yesterday with some violent stomach flu at 1am. I was so sick and couldn't stop with the vomit or diarrhea that I considered going to the ER for fluids. He got sick after dinner and literally acted like he was dying. He rolled on the floor of our bathroom clutching his stomach at one point. This morning I woke up and took care of our son before I left him in charge so I could go to work this afternoon. He assured me he was feeling better and could handle it. I came home to a house that looks like a bomb went off and a husband sitting on the couch eating ice cream. He told me the ice cream flavor I bought wasn't his favorite. I told him cleaning up the house must not be his favorite either. 
    I'm sorry but I am dying!  :D

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options

@kassyfry your hubs and mine might just be related!  Sounds like something mine would do too.  I feel your pain.

On another note my MIL is the gift that keeps on giving.  Yesterday was my husbands birthday, I posted pictures of him on FB with his cake and she commented.  "Is it chocolate?  I was going to make YOUR chocolate cake this weekend."   I really had to bite my tongue and not respond with yes B**tch I've been with your son almost 3 years I know what his favorite cake is.  She makes this chocolate cake that he loves and I refuse to eat because she puts raw egg yokes in the frosting...... so gross.  Quite frankly I'm surprised he's never gotten food poisoning from it. 

• Options
    slssls member
    KB00 said:

Grrrrrr.
    I can relate! My fifth graders just had a four day weekend to just finish a writing assignment that we worked on IN CLASS on Thursday. More than half my class didn't finish. I was livid. Now we have to waste more instructional time on stuff that should have been done and ready to peer reviewed. Ugh definitely TW worthy!! 

I would be a terrible teacher. Everyone would get an F and that would be the end of it.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    slssls member
    Wearmi1 said:

@kassyfry your hubs and mine might just be related!  Sounds like something mine would do too.  I feel your pain.

On another note my MIL is the gift that keeps on giving.  Yesterday was my husbands birthday, I posted pictures of him on FB with his cake and she commented.  "Is it chocolate?  I was going to make YOUR chocolate cake this weekend."   I really had to bite my tongue and not respond with yes B**tch I've been with your son almost 3 years I know what his favorite cake is.  She makes this chocolate cake that he loves and I refuse to eat because she puts raw egg yokes in the frosting...... so gross.  Quite frankly I'm surprised he's never gotten food poisoning from it. 

Wha...? No. Just no.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    @JessyKV.  It is hard. My dad is an ass too. He has never done anything like that but he is emotionally abusive and grabbed me by the throat once. It is very difficult. Do you cut him off to save yourself the emotional stress or let him stay because he is your dad?  I go back and forth a lot. Right now I tolerate him but I made my mom aware the second he turns any of that crap on DS we are done. Of course, mine isn't neglect  your dad. Sorry you are having to deal with this.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @KB00 that is such a terrible thing to go through!! I hope your mum doesn't let her disappointment show when your little one comes out! I had my mum making me feel awful during my mini gender reveal coz she was upset  that I didn't invite the people that she wanted since I wanted to keep it really small. What was supposed to be an exciting event was partially ruined by a sulking mum. But it's all good...I had inlaws and siblings who were overjoyed and who more than made up for it! Sometimes it's best to focus on those who really are happy for you and not let others ruin these little occasions that we don't get to enjoy often, even if sometimes it is our own mothers. Maybe put some background music on your video to drown out your mother's groan so that it isn't something you have to re-live and be reminded of all the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MithK said:
    @KB00 that is such a terrible thing to go through!! I hope your mum doesn't let her disappointment show when your little one comes out! I had my mum making me feel awful during my mini gender reveal coz she was upset  that I didn't invite the people that she wanted since I wanted to keep it really small. What was supposed to be an exciting event was partially ruined by a sulking mum. But it's all good...I had inlaws and siblings who were overjoyed and who more than made up for it! Sometimes it's best to focus on those who really are happy for you and not let others ruin these little occasions that we don't get to enjoy often, even if sometimes it is our own mothers. Maybe put some background music on your video to drown out your mother's groan so that it isn't something you have to re-live and be reminded of all the time.
    Exactly. That's what I tried to do. So many of my other family members were so happy for me so I just surrounded myself with their positivity. I was just so taken back by her reaction. Parents can be so ridiculous sometimes. They forget they this is a huge moment for US and instead make it all about them. Sorry your mom acting that way. What a silly thing to be worried about when she is about to find out if she will be having a granddaughter or grandson. But I'm glad you had other people there to support you. 
  • Options
    So one of my students told me that another student has been making threats on the playground for a couple of months. Threats about going to the other boys' houses and killings them in various ways.  My students were too scared of this other boy to tell me. I usually handle things myself but certain issues I feel should be brought to the principal's attention. Her way of handling it? Bringing the bully and the bullied into her office at the same time to discuss. Great idea.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17