Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Starting after...

We had a mc at 8 wks 12.23.2016. Our doctor said we should let a couple aunt flow cycles pass before we start again. She said it was to give them a better base line for date of conception. Have you ever heard of this? If so, how long after your mc did you start trying again?
*TW
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married 6.5 years
mc: 12.23.2016 (8 wks)
ttc: in a few months

Re: Starting after...

• Just wanted to start by saying I just miscarried on 1/8, so I don't have much personal experience to share, but I do have some knowledge. Did you get an HCG test done? That would be a starting point to help predict when AF might come and you MIGHT ovulate. Some people try right away, but I was told there are risks of infection due to the cervix being open and to think about waiting two weeks before putting anything in there, including a tampon. The doc also said there may be increased risk for another MC if the lining isn't built up. Your body is in charge now and may be unpredictable, so I suggest temping, doing OPKs, checking CM, and CP. You may get all sorts of mixed messages from your body. Who knows what may happen. Good luck and check out some of the other threads where this has recently been discussed on TTCAL. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 Sorry for your loss! Thx for your reply. Yea, I've had a whole panel done. My HCG is almost non-existing. 

Thx again!
    *TW
    Married 6.5 years

• Loading the player...
  • My 1st mc was at 10 weeks and OB said wait three cycles. I waited two and got a rainbow baby. This mc was at 5 weeks and he didn't say anything about waiting. Mc was on 1/9 and we are planning on ttc this cycle. 
  • My mc was 3 weeks ago at 6W5D. My doctor told me I did not have to wait to get AF to try again. We are just waiting for my HCG to go back to non pregnancy levels, so I've been going in for blood work to monitor that. I'm sure the course of action is different for each of us. Will your doctor be monitoring your HCG? Agree with PP about starting there as a starting point and getting OPKs and/or thermometer to temp. I also bought some of the cheap 88 cents pregnancy tests from Wal mart to try and track it on my own at home, mostly for when I'm just getting impatient. 
    So sorry for your loss and that you've found yourself here :( 
  • @Mommyamp@toniherdt

Sorry for your losses. For the time being my HCG isn't going to be monitored. My last number was 14, the midwife doesn't feel it's necessary to monitor it anymore. Not sure if that's good or bad. But I'll be asking my high-risk OB what she thinks.

Thx for your replies and again, sorry you have to be here.
    *TW
    Married 6.5 years

• @mel2k10 While technically your cycle starts the day of your miscarriage, it doesn't really start until the HCG is gone and your body realizes it's not pregnant. Count 4-6 weeks from then and hopefully AF will show. If you aren't waiting until you get your period, then go ahead and start TTC. Just don't put too much stock in anything until then because your first one may be long and anovulatory.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • I am also hoping to try again soon. My plan is to talk it over with the doctor at my follow-up in a month, wait until my body feels normal again and I have a "typical" period (I have heard the first one after can be different than the usual for some people). My cycles were always very predictable so I feel that I will know when my body is ready.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm finally off the bench next month. Can't wait to tcc again but scared too. Hugs all. 
  • My first m/c was at 7w 3 d, we were told to start trying again whenever we were ready. We ended up with our rainbow baby immediately after. No cycle in between. This time around my midwife commented on waiting at least 1 cycle for baseline purposes but said that truly we could start trying whenever we were ready again. 
    Me 36 DH 38
    Married 1/22/10
    BFP #1 3/11 m/c 7w 3d blighted ovum
    BFP #2 5/11 DD born 1/12
    BFP #3 3/16 Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4 12/16 m/c 7w blighted ovum
  • I'm hoping and praying we get a rainbow with no cycle in between. I'm on cd12 following a 5 week cp. I love hearing success stories of those who have. 
  • I just went through a loss recently. My doctor said there is no medical reasons to wait after a first tri loss and I was told that as long as I'm emotionally ready we could start right away again. 
  • I tried immediately after and got KU! And lost it. Now it's been 4 actual in between cycles and it's prob m/c again. So there's no telling unfortunately. :( 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • I m/c on 1/9/17 @ 6 weeks. We were told to wait 1 cycle until ttc. We haven't been super careful but I feel that whatever is supposed to happen will happen. I have heard from SO many people that you are more fertile right after m/c and I have read a lot of success stories of women who had a successful pregnancy before their first AF after m/c. I have faith that everything happens for a reason. Sorry to read about everyone's losses. This is so hard, even if we weren't very far along. Praying for success for all of us! :)
  • I had a mmc at 9w3d in December and had to have a d&c. My doctor told us to wait only 1 cycle and we did. I'm testing in a few days.
  • I m/c between 6 and 7 weeks. OB said we would try again right away and we did. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017