August 2017 Moms
Options

Any other mamas having twins?

mking820mking820 member
edited January 2017 in August 2017 Moms
This is my third pregnancy,  I have two boys (2&4) and we found out last week we are having ID twins! Big shock but we are excited. Just wondering if there was anyone else in the twins club lol 
~Megan~ Anniversary IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Any other mamas having twins?

• Options
    According to the spreadsheet so far, @DDRGirlie

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Jealous of the twin mamas out there! I have sworn off every being pregnant after this (I'm a big baby) and actually cried at my first U/S when it was just one heartbeat. We really want 2 kids but I don't think having this LO will blind me from the horrible process to get them here like most momma's say it will.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! It is very overwhelming lol my mil has been wishing twins on me since the beginning and it drove me insane. I never wanted twins and never even thought it was a possibility,  but here we are and I'm excited.  It's sureal though. 
  • Options
    mking820mking820 member
    edited January 2017
    You never know.  Our minds are pretty good at making us remeber all the good and helping to dull the bad @budzynb
  • Options
    Yes! We found out last week that there are 2 little buns in this oven  :D We are definitely still getting over the shock, and I am kicking myself for not mentally preparing for the possibility  (twins run in my mom's family, and I am the kind of person who reads 20 books about everything that could maybe, possibly happen to me). We are so THRILLED though!
  • Options
    We are! Completely freaked out and found out yesterday. We have a 2 & 4 year old already, cannot imagine how we're going to handle this. Yikes!!
  • Options
    we are!...this is our first pregnancy, my husband has been saying since we first met we would have twins, and prayed until it happened. haha. I am hoping everything goes well, my drs think I have a heart shaped uterus which could account for why I got pregnant with twins (other than my husbands praying)...have another check at 11 weeks and then going to the hospital at week 13 to fully diagnose the shape of my uterus. we are thrilled, but praying that God takes care of these two!
  • Options
    Just found out this morning. We are still in shock. There are two separate sacs, so I am assuming fraternal, but we will go in for another US in the next week or so to confirm. 
  • Options
    So you are in the same boat as me lol 
  • Options
    +1 to the pregnant with twins group!
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    Twin momma over here! This is my first pregnancy and BAM! Twins. 10 weeks along (this is taking forever) and honestly my body is already so sore I just want to be the whale I know I'll be and have my babies. They're in two different sacs and we're anxiously awaiting until they're big enough to show us what genders they are.  :*
  • Options
    I learned today that I am having twins...I'm completely freaking out. I have a 16 month old so will (briefly) have three under two...good times! Pretty scared tbh
  • Options
    @Leah821 I'll have three under 2 as well!   My twins are 14 months!
  • Options
    @Leah821 I guess the beauty of this board is that we can all freak out together! I found out 4 weeks ago about our twins, and I still have moments of utter shock and fear (hubby on the other hand has totally accepted it already). This week we had our first OB appt and now I feel freshly shocked... still seems so crazy that we are expecting two!

Just know you're not alone  :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I guess I can officially join this board. We just had our first ultrasound today and we are having fraternal twins! I'm so anxious and excited. My husband is completely freaking out
  • Options
    We have an ultrasound on Thursday,  I'll be 14 weeks,  I'm so excited to see them again! We have another one at 16 weeks too so I hope we get to find out what they are then.  Anyone else having this many ultrasounds? 
  • Options
    @mking820 yes, Ive had 3 so far and it sounds like I'll be having one every appointment to track growth. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone - I'm due sept 2 with twins, but will be delivering in August. I've only had one ultrasound with my OB at 9 weeks and she told me I'm on the same schedule as a single pregnancy, nothing more. I'm also ama. Is it the norm for most of you to be getting more ultrasounds and extra monitoring? I'm finding it a little strange that I'm being treated the exact same as a single pg.
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    We had ultrasounds every week from 6-10 weeks with my RE, and now we're having them about every two weeks between the PB and MFM.  I think that will slow down in a few weeks though.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Leah821 I'll have 3 under 2 as well! My daughter will be 18-19 months when the twins are born (depending on when I deliver). I'm super scared about dealing with the terrible-twos and two 6-month-olds
  • Options
    mking820mking820 member
    edited February 2017
    @daisy621 My friend had di/di twins and she only had her anatomy scan. They were naturally concieved. I have another friend who went through ivf and had di/di twins and was monitored every month. I think it depends on what kind of risk level the pregnancy is. I know I go every 2-4 weeks right now because my twins are identical and share a placenta so there is a lot more risk.