April 2017 Moms

Tips and tricks for easier birth?

13»

Re: Tips and tricks for easier birth?

• I keep googling mesh panties but all I find is lace panties!  Is this what you guys mean?  :o  

Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Loading the player...
  • @MWoodside  oh, thank you!  makes sense now.  Hmm they do not look too safe/secure, are they? 
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
  • This is the most glamorous debate we have had in a while!   :D  Thanks @Magheeta for getting the ball rolling. I have been wondering the same thing.
  • They stayed put on me @smallanimal. But I only used thrm
    a couple days then I used my regular underwear with cloth pads.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @smallanimal it appears I'm in the minority, but I did not like the mesh panties and didn't feel secure in them. My last two babes I just brought my own larger undies and pads for afterwards. Really just a matter of personal preference I guess. 
  • yep, @Dannylion24 that was exactly my experience. I didn't feel secure in them. Honestly, I would have rather just sat naked from the waist down on a big puppy pad over the mesh panties. But, I went with the adult diapers. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you @Dannylion24
     @mrsstuessy and @MWoodside , I am actually loving the debate (anything to be better prepared for the mess after birth) - think I will go with the adult diapers for starters because I tend to be after security rather than after comfort.  Might change my mind though, especially if I have a c section... 

• My nurse last time gave me the tip to wear 2 pairs of the mesh panties each time. The first to hold the pad and the second helps them feel more secure. She hooked me up when I went home with like 20 pairs. I still have extras from DS. I wore them for the first 2 days home and then switched to underwear which I found more comfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Like I said before, I didn't have issues with the mesh panties staying up, but the ones that I got from the hospital were sized and not the one-size-fits-some that I think a lot of other hospitals use. I used them pretty regularly for a week or so before I switched to granny panties (because again, I found the mesh panties to be the most comfortable with my c-section incision).
  • I only wore the mesh panties while I needed both pads and ice packs (I tore with both deliveries...over 30 stitches with my first). A few days later I wore granny panties and just a pad. So the mesh panties were only for 3 or 4 days.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Magheeta said:
    Maybe it's because I've got a big booty, but I don't remember having an issue with the mesh panties falling down.  :D
    This.  :D:D:D
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • jennielynn+jennielynn+ member
    edited February 2017
    I tore with my first delivery but, only used the mesh panties while in the hospital. I had bought a pack of undies one size up for delivery so, when I got home, I used period pads and those panties. I didn't have an issue with leaking. I was only uncomfortable until I found pads I liked. 

This delivery, I will bring the oversized undies and my own pads. I will not be turing down mesh panties if I need them though. I agree if you use an icepack, you won't be able to have regular panties on at the same time.