June 2017 Moms
Options

Fitness Check-In

we had a few of these early on but nothing recently! If anyone is interested in a weekly check in I can (try) to do it every week!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Fitness Check-In

• Options
    The last 2 days I went in the resistance pool at the gym. I walked, "ran," lunged and did knee-ups around against the resistance. I also did squats, triceps dips and push-ups on/near the stairs! My only problem is that my butt is too big for my swimsuit!! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited January 2017
    Yes! I forgot about fitness check ins. 
    I did much better last week. I worked out 5 days last week and made it to my 15k step goal on Fitbit Monday-Saturday. 3 days full lifting work out, 2 days ladder strength workouts.
    I only made it to 10k yesterday and probably 10k today because I'm fighting a horrible head and stomach ache. Hopefully back to the gym tomorrow morning.
    I really need to get maternity workout pants soon!

ETA: I also did elliptical HIIT a few days. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fitness! Something I really need to be more consistent about....

I did my first cardio workout last Thursday night and while I initially felt like it was too "easy" (I found a prenatal workout channel on YouTube) I shortly felt it kicking in and I was fairly red in the face by the end of it (I made sure I could still talk throughout though so I never got out of the safe zone). I felt great after and was pumped to do more the next day, but ended up spending the weekend at my parents. I have to deep clean the house all this week to get it ready to sell, so that counts as strength training....right? Right. 
  • Options
    I started commuting by metro, which means I am walking 2.4 miles a day. I'm starting a prenatal aqua fitness class next weekend. Not doing too much other than that, though I'd like to get better about stretching and keeping my posture in control at work.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Ive been much more consistent lately. Last week I managed to stretch and do squats everyday, two days of prenatal yoga dvd, two days running, and one day swimming laps and doing stretches in the pool. Ill probably start swimming more vs running. I ran until 8 months last pregnancy but after giving birth my hip didnt feel right for months running. Im starting to feel that again. I plan on doing aqua fit tbis week for the first time. Its like aqua aerobics.
  • Options
    I was thinking of this thread today! 

Last week I only squeezed one run in but went to my HIIT group three times. I also rotated arm/leg/an reps each evening while I watched TV. 

We went to Disney this morning and I still forced myself to hop on the treadmill this evening. It was a terrible run but I got it in! 
  • Options
    @danijo I for sure need some maternity workout pants. Mine are get a bit tight and uncomfortable on the belly. 
  • Options
    I've been doing better lately! I manage to walk for an hour 4 days a week. I've also been alternating between pre natal yoga and Tracy Anderson's pregnancy project work outs. I feel so much better once I get some movement in. 
  • Options
    I've been keeping up with my weekly Body Pump class!  So far so good!
  • Options
    I've also been keeping up with my weekly body pump class. I've been pleasantly surprised by how good it's felt (as opposed to running lately). This week I'm also starting a prenatal yoga class through my work that goes for 8 weeks- I paid for it all up front, so hopefully that keeps me motivated. And I highly recommend maternity work out pants- they are the best!
    me: 33 DH:37
    married 2011
    mmc June 2016

BFP 9/26/16
    EDD 6/8/16
  • Options
    I finally got cleared for light workouts so this is perfect timing!! I've gained 14lbs already (boo) and I know a big part is that I haven't been able to workout since mid Dec. 

Anyways basically all I can do is walk. So I have been doing "Walk away the pounds" workouts on YouTube. Yesterday we went on a walk as a family then I walked laps in my backyard and added in squats and lunges. I have a cold right now so I hope it doesn't get me off my routine too much. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @LMMama I swear that working out and staying active made my last pregnancy basically aches and pain free. So far it's helped me a ton this time, too. 
  • Options
    Curious... when can we no longer lay on our stomachs?

I do yoga with an instructor twice a week and she has been letting me gauge my comfort level and so far I've been fine to lay on my stomach for a little bit but wasn't sure if there is a time where I should stop?
  • Options
    I found a gym that is just for preggos. Going to sign up. They have yoga classes and also a "ready to push" class that I guess gets you all prepped for labor. Now I need to find maternity workout clothes! 
  • Options
    DH and I went to the gym tonight. For me, it was the first time in a long time (like...I needed a new card because they upgraded the system, 2 years ago lol). DH is part of a "biggest loser" challenge at the fire house and has been feeling down because he's the biggest he's ever been. But the last year has been stressful for both of us while TCC so I decided to go with to be supportive but also because I could use a little walking myself. And you know what...it felt great!  I kept it slow with a good incline. I'm hoping we can keep it up and get in 2-3 days a week together. 
  • Options
    There has been very little sleep happening in my house the past week or so bc DD has a bad cold.  So I've basically done the "fitness...more like fitness whole pizza in my mouth" routine recently.

If you're looking for affordable reasonable maternity workout clothes, Old Navy has a decent selection.
  • Options
    @michaela0704 I believe it's until it's no longer comfortable.