September 2017 Moms

Is this normal?

is anybody else feeling depressed? I don't know what to do. 

Re: Is this normal?

• You should talk to your OB about how you're feeling ASAP. They can get you the help you need and there are many medications for depression and anxiety that are safe to take during pregnancy if monitored. 
  • Having a baby is exciting and awesome but your hormones are going crazy and it's one of the most stressful things you can do in life, whether it's having your first baby or adding to your family. I def. have been feeling down on occasion but it always helps for me to either talk about it with a close friend, or just have a "me" evening that involves a (not too hot) bath paired with strawberries and sparkling cider.  Also, there's no shame in getting professional help if the depression is truly debilitating. *hugs* hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • @sly725 I'm sorry you are feeling depressed! Is it a constant thing for you? Is there anything specific that is bothering you or are you just generally feeling down? 

If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'd be happy to listen or even share some of my own experiences with you. (I've battled depression a large portion of my life.) 

I would say it is normal to experience a wide range of emotions especially with all of the hormonal changes. However, I would not neglect yourself if you feel truly concerned. If it gets really bad you could always talk to a doctor to see what your options are. 
  • I have definitely been up and down and out, but mostly down. My hormones are whacked and not to mention not having a break from feeling terrible doesn't help. Definitely mention it to your OB.
  • I'm so sorry @sly725 . Depressive symptoms are definitely not something to let alone or be ashamed of.  Please reach out to your doctor to talk about what you're experiencing.  Pregnancy is hard and scary and wonderful and terrifying and a lot of emotions, plus not to mention hormonal.  Sometimes we need additional help to get through!  Please PM me if you would like to talk more about what you're experiencing.  I'm more than happy to help.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • I'm really sorry you're feeling depressed. I have a history of depression and anxiety, so even though I'm not feeling those things at the moment, I plan to continue talking with my therapist throughout my pregnancy. Definitely talk to your OB, as others have said, and if you can, I recommend setting up an appointment with a therapist who can help you come up with pregnancy-safe, non-medicated ways of dealing with your depression.

Also, you didn't say anything about prior depression or meds, but on the off chance you were on depression medication before, I know you're not supposed to quit those cold turkey when you get pregnant, partially because it can make depression worse. So if that's part of your equation, definitely talk to your OB about it ASAP.   

•  you definitely need to seek help asap. For your heath and your babies health! Creepy internet stranger hugs! Let us know if you need to talk