July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check In 1/16

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: If your married, what was your wedding song?  if not do you are your SO have a song?  

Married:09/27/14 
Baby N-Born:10/29/15
Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

Re: PGAL Check In 1/16

• I'm a STM (DS is 3.5) Two losses and one D&C has led me to this point.
    How far along are you? 

How are you doing?
    Riding on a high since having an elective US on Sat. Got to see baby and find out it's a GIRL... so I'm feeling great! I have a diagnostic US tomorrow to monitor my SCH and get a full check of baby girl. 
    When is your next appt?
    US tomorrow and follow up appt the following week. 
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes-
    Generally things are good. Those nasty 1st tri symptoms are mostly gone and having some energy (and sex drive) back has been nice. Just nervous about my SCH and anxious to see how it looks tomorrow. 
    GTYY-

Our song is "When you love a woman" by Journey. I don't really know how we landed on this song, but I don't regret it... We love Journey!  Our 'real' song ("Can't take my eyes off of you" the Fugees version) wasn't really appropriate for a first dance song, so we incorporateded it elsewhere in the wedding
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    27 years old. Had a MMC in March 2016. 

How far along are you? 
    12+3

How are you doing? 
    I'm feeling pretty good. Woke up with some nasal congestion. Went on an hour walk yesterday with the dogs; was not an easy walk haha. I think I might have pushed a little too hard. My chicken aversion is still strong. We had some for dinner yesterday and I pretty much forced half of it down. 

My hunger is never ending!

This Friday I have my NT scan scheduled.

I'm just anxious for my NT scan. Every time I see my baby and hear the heartbeat, weight is lifted off my shoulders. I do have a Doppler, but I try to only use it 1-2 times a week. 

GTKY: If your married, what was your wedding song?  if not do you are your SO have a song?  

DH and I had our first dance to Savage Garden's Truly Madly Deeply. I walked down the aisle to I Knew I Loved You. We both have a strong connection with both songs. We still take the time to dance with each other if we hear the songs. 

PS- The 90s were the best!
  • Loading the player...
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 33, FTM, had an MMC/D&C in June.

How far along are you? 14+4

How are you doing? Definitely feeling better since hitting the second tri, but still occasionally nauseated. PGAL-wise, I've been having some anxiety - we heard the little dude's HB last week and so I know rationally it's all almost definitely okay, but I think I'm just having some anxiety because my due date with the first pregnancy would have been next week. Trying to figure out if I want to do anything around it - even though it wasn't discovered until my 8 week appointment, the loss happened SUPER early (basically a missed chemical pregnancy), so I don't consider it a lost BABY per se, as much as a lost hope for a baby, so I don't want to do something memorial-y. I'm thinking about driving out to Malibu and just watching the waves and letting myself feel my feels.

When is your next appointment? Not til 1/31!

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: My big rave is just feeling like a person again now that I'm in second tri!

GTKY: If your married, what was your wedding song?  if not do you are your SO have a song?   Our first dance was to "Lovedust" by Luna, which is a very uncharacteristically indie choice for me!

TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • @mamaRN13 Yay!  A little girl!  Congrats!  I'm sure everything will look good on your SCH follow up US but keep us posted!
    @cielaw89 I am with you on the chicken aversion, it's about the only thing that's the same as my first pregnancy.
    @leilac Glad some of your nausea is gone!  Definitely let yourself feel the feels... I look at my edd from my loss on the calendar all the time (it was an early loss to) and I feel like you have to honour it in some way, just for your own piece of mind.  I have a ring with my sons birthstone and a much smaller version of the same ring with my May babies birthstone and will get another for this baby.  

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    28, STM.  DS is 14m. MC in September at 6 weeks.

How far along are you? 
    13w6d

How are you doing? 
    I swear to god I'm getting sicker instead of feeling better.  It's a rare day I don't loose my cookies at least once.  And to top it off I'm getting a head cold.  Ugh.

Not until feb 1... but I should have some bloodwork results by either the end of the week or Monday at the latest which is just to monitor my antibody levels (fingers crossed I'm still sitting in the undectable range!)

The weather is beautiful and supposed to be above 0 all week!  Lots of outside time with my son, and hoping to get a little snow shoeing in.  One of my best friends will be here later today until Wednesday.  We haven't seen each other in probably 6+ months!

Our wedding song was Carried Away- George Strait.  We were listening to George once early in our relationship and hubby said, if we ever get married this will be our song.  So 4 years later it was.  I love it!
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @leilac you are so entitled to feel all the feels you need. My first loss was very similar to what you describe and the emotions involved felt really complicated. Like you said, it felt more like a loss of hope... which is still super valid. When my due date rolled around I had a really sad day and didn't know if that was normal or expected but I needed to mourn that day. The beach would be a PERFECT place to feel the feels! Hang in there mama!
  • Intro: 
    Had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015
    How far along are you? 

14 weeks, 5 days
    How are you doing? 
    Not so great today, but that's emotional, not really pregnancy related. I had some wicked RLP on the left side (why is it always the left!) this morning that scared me, but it's pretty much gone now. I'll never not think pain is a problem. I'll be going into labor worrying that I'm losing the baby, I swear. 
    Not until February. Have no idea how I will wait. 
    Mini rant, mostly me being whiny and kind of ungrateful, but my SMIL is ruining my baby shower and she's been  part of it for all of 3 days. I don't like her to begin with, and my MIL went out of her way to throw me a baby shower, and she wants to take it on all herself so I don't have to do a thing. Background: My mother is incapable of throwing parties, and I've been planning my own parties since I was like 6. Which was nice and all until no one ever actually threw me a party, just ya know, I show up and do nothing for, oh and I had to completely plan and do everything for my bridal shower last spring. Including lead the games myself, because technically my mom was throwing it, but she's just ..... she never took any responsibility for that. So when my MIL wanted to take over and throw it for me, I was really super touched and it was so nice of her, but now she has asked my SMIL to help (which I was fine with, but she is also going to ask my grandmother and my aunt and probably my mom too) and now SMIL won't stop sending me emails about how "my two MIL's are going to throw me a party" and "I don't have to do a thing" and it's so annoying and completely making me not even want it anymore. She's acting like we have some kind of relationship that we don't and like it was her idea all along and all I want to do is tell her off. 
    Accidentally in Love, we walked back down the aisle to it. Our dance song wasn't a special song, we were just doing a cool dance, but Accidentally in Love is our song. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

I’m coming out of lurking to join in now that I’m a bit further along. This is my 4th pregnancy, hopefully 1st baby. 

MMC at 5 weeks 3/2016

MMC and D&C at 10 weeks 6/2016 (trisomy 13)

MMC at 5 weeks 8/2016

How far along are you? 

13 weeks 1 day

How are you doing? 

Finally starting to think that this might really be happening. I’ve been trying to not let myself get too excited, but I’m feeling good after this last week.

I had my NT scan today with MFM and all went well. I’ll be seeing my OB on Thursday.

I got my NIPT result back on Friday and everything looked good. The only bummer was somehow the lab checked that I didn’t want the sex result reported. Since they came in Friday afternoon and everything is closed for the holiday today, I’m not sure when I will receive them. In the meantime I’m just happy that the rest went well and trying to not be too annoyed with the rest.

Our first dance was “Luckiest” by Ben Folds

@leilac I think the beach is a fantastic idea. Someone else mentioned a ring earlier, and I wanted to second it. I got a ring with baby’s birth stone in it not long after my June loss and still wear it daily. 

• @carol113 Glad you're out of the shadows :) Good positive vibes to you and this baby. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I'm a STM (DS is 2). We had a loss in July 2016.
    How far along are you? 

11W3D
    How are you doing?
    JUST got the call that our Materni21 came back clean and healthy! And it's a boy. WTF do I do with a boy!? Anyway, I'm so relieved I'm shaking. 
    When is your next appt?
    Not for about 3 weeks.
    Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes-
    I can't even focus on anything but relief!
    We don't really do that shit. I walked down the aisle to You, You, You, You, You by the 6ths...and our first dance was Make You Feel My Love (cover by Adele).
      ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me: 35  DH: 38  |  Married: 6/2013  |  Pregnancy #1, APurp born 10/2014
    Pregnancy #2, BFP 6/4/2016, MMC at 9W, D&E: 7/21/16 | Pregnancy #3, BFP 11/22/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Cravings Ticker 

How far along are you? 
    15 weeks tomorrow

How are you doing? 
    I've got another cold, I think this is my third since finding out I was pregnant. My sister's baby just started a new daycare and is picking up every cold and bringing them home- and then my sister invites us over or we go over without knowing there is an illness- and bam. I swear I have a solid immune system, but doesn't seem like it lately.

Next monday 1/21

I am SO glad I bought a doppler. I keep bleeding off an on for absolutely no reason- usually after hours, on the weekend, or on a holiday. So at least it's keeping me sane. My cervix must just be overly sensitive this go around- but I haven't done anything to irritate it any of the times.

I did get my NIPT blood work drawn on Thursday finally, so I am hoping that my results are in for my next appt (wishful thinking)

Frank Sinatra's LOVE. I think that's what it's called. "L is for the way you look at me...." 
    It was not my choice, DH was insistent that that was the song, and he let me do/pick everything else, so it only seemed fair. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! I have adopted by husbands 5yo daughter and 3yo son. We had a miscarriage in January 15. Then we had our son in January 16. Had another miscarriage in July 16 and now due in July 17...weird how that all happened

How far along are you? 14w2d

How are you doing? Pretty good! We had an elective ultrasound on Saturday and found out we're having a girl. I'm never hungry anymore, I think I went 18 hours without eating the other day and didn't even realize it. 

When is your next appointment? Well because I failed my one hour glucose test last week I have my three hour tomorrow. So, that's fun. Not. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: My husband is driving me INSANE. He looks at me, thinks about touching me, breathes, eats, swallows ANYTHING  he does is driving me up a FREAKING wall. But I swear I do love him. 

GTKY: If your married, what was your wedding song?  if not do you are your SO have a song? We were married at a courthouse so we never had a dance. But if we could pick a song it'd be Ed Sheeran, Thinking Out Loud. It's kinda the song we've always loved. 
    MMC 2015
    How far along are you? 
    16+2
    How are you doing? 
    Starting to get a little overwhelmed at how much stuff there is to do...
    Anatomy U/S in a couple of weeks!
    Got to see baby at my monthly check in last week - looked like it was in more of a resting phase this time around, possibly even sucking a thumb, so cute. Couldn't tell the sex yet - no good shots - so still team green for awhile longer :) Also, my husband is awesome doing all the heavy lifting getting nursery in order, among other things around the house.
    Lol, is it sad I don't really remember what was played? It was on an organ in an astounding setting. But, not really any particular song that we have. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
    DH and I are mid-30's.  I had a mmc in July2016 (baby measured 9w2d without a heartbeat, should have been 11w5d), which passed naturally.

How far along are you? 
    14w6d

How are you doing? 
    Nausea is getting so much better, along with the exhaustion, other stomach issues, and some of the smell/taste aversions - hurrah!  Of course, the decrease in symptoms is causing issues with my PGAL brain... I'm also getting random pains on my left side, I think muscles expanding?

I have my quick monthly check-in tomorrow.  I've been in every-other week so far, with ultrasounds at all but one, but tomorrow is supposed to be no u/s, no labs, just a check-in, and if that goes well then I don't go back for another month. It feels weird (and almost disappointing?) to be in the normal risk category all of the sudden!

A friend/co-worker loaned me two giant tubs of maternity clothes.  We're slightly different sizes, and she was due in winter, so we'll see what works, but yea for free clothes!

Our first dance was to Christina Perry's 1,000 Years. We only danced for about half of it before we felt awkward being in the spotlight.  We recessed (walked out of the ceremony) to Sara Barielles I Choose You, which was probably a better fit for our relationship.
  • @leilac Watching the waves sounds like a beautiful way to pause and feel the potential and the loss.
    @carol113 Welcome!  Lots of positive vibes your way!
    @Mrs.EmmaLouise <<<Hugs>>> bleeding is scary - I really hope that stops soon.  I have an irritable cervix too - and I can only imagine the extra level of anxiety when you cant link it to something.

Miscarriage at 7 weeks 5 days last June.

How far along are you? 
    16 weeks and 2 days

How are you doing? 
    Okay - until I read through the posts here and realized that my loss due date is in a couple weeks.

February 9 - anatomy scan time!

Both times that my midwife has tried to hear the baby's heartbeat she has had trouble finding it.  I'm worried - but she says it isn't a big deal and that baby is just hiding.  We never had this issue with my last pregnancy.

Turn your lights down low, Bob Marley and Lauren Hill