Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-in 1/16

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope your weekend was alright. Thinking of you all. 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What do you usually order from a coffee shop? Pre-pregnancy or now, or both. 

Re: PGAL Check-in 1/16

• Options
    @byrneme and @cpr79 have reached the second trimester! Whoo hoo! Do we have any other milestones to celebrate this week? 
  • Options
    Thanks, @HGRich ! That being said what IS officially the end of the first tri? Is it really the beginning of week 13? Is it 13+4 since that is REALLY 1/3? Is it 14 since that means the baby is really 12 weeks?? I hate all these numbers games lol!

*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @byrneme technically you're right. Mathematically it's 13+3, but many moms just call it good at 13. The third trimester I'm pretty sure technically starts at 26+6 but doctors call it third tri at 28. I don't even know. Hahaha. It really is weird. I just know I called it second trimester for myself at 13 and my doctors never said one way or another. 
  • Options
    My pregnancy journal has the second tri beginning at week 13 so I'll take it!! That being said, one more day!!

How far along are you? 12w6d

How big is baby? 
    Plum

Appointments this week? 
    Heartbeat check on Thursday (1/19)

Physically good! Other than being exhausted still and falling asleep before 9 I feel good. Emotionally the excitement is starting to creep in. I'm hoping after my appointment on Thursday it will be more than the fear.

Provided all goes well at my heartbeat check, I plan on telling my office on Friday. We had a friend come over Saturday, she's a photographer, to take a couple announcement pics - I can't wait to see them :)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What do you usually order from a coffee shop? Pre-pregnancy or now, or both. 
    Oddly enough I'm not a coffee drinker. Occasionally I used to stop for a Skinny Peppermint Mocha but that's about it! 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options

How far along are you? 4w0d

How big is baby? Poppyseed 

Appointments this week? Call dr office this morning to make an appointment waiting to hear back. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?  I am nervous and excited. I keep taking pregnancy test to make sure it is real. That and  I am over sensitive to my body so everything has me nervous that it is the end. Physically I am tired and have sore boobs. I have had a few light cramps or stretching. Trying to stay calm. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I can wait to pass 8 wks that is when we found out the baby didn't have a hb before. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: how do you guys cope with the worry and try to be excited?

GTKY: What do you usually order from a coffee shop? Pre-pregnancy or now, or both.  I like hot chocolate. Especially around the holidays when they have peppermint hot chocolate. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  27 weeks--almost third tri! What???

How big is baby? 
    Lettuce? Let's just say 14in and about 2lb. 

Appointments this week? 
    Not til next week. Glucose test. Yikes. 

Emotionally I'm so ready to just be done with pregnancy and meet her, but I want her to get big and strong first. And I'm feeling the fears of not being ready, fears of PPD, fears of leaving my job. But the excitement is getting bigger as I'm looking ahead to baby showers. Physically I'm exhausted and can't breathe a lot of the time. Not sleeping great. But have a fair amount of energy. 

Third trimester next week. Hoping to pass glucose test. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Sometimes this child goes hours without moving much and freaks me the crap out, and then she has a three hour dance party in the middle of the night. Haha. I love the dance party, but I can't sleep! 

Pre-pregnancy I drank a lot of coffee. Except while TTC. I used to hate coffee, but college and grad school converted me. I still won't drink it black, but I like to add flavored cream. Typically at a coffee shop I'll get a flavored latte, usually hazelnut, but if I don't need a caffeine boost I'll get a tea latte. I'm a tea snob, with a cabinet full of gourmet loose leaf teas. I have a tea I bought the day she was conceived and I've been drinking it throughout the pregnancy. I plan to use the last scoop the week she's born to celebrate. Hahaha. 
  • Options
    @Hopefulmommy1980  I think for me, trying to remember that outside of taking care of myself, there's not a lot I could do, sort of helped. I did actually cut out some toxic people and situations and focus on myself and baby and my husband at the beginning. It felt selfish but it was good for me. I tried meditation and I also honestly used distraction and binge watched some lighthearted tv. Hang in there!  
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby?
    huge? Lol big enough that other people can see her move from outside my belly which freaks some people out. 

Appointments this week? 
    Just had another growth scan - LO is measuring in at the 43rd percentile sand still moving around like crazy! 

I had to take an emotional hiatus from this BMB... I found myself being very negative. I'm happy to return though and anxious to finish pregnancy and hopefully have a happy and healthy baby to hold in a couple months. 

Finishing the nursery. I've been working so hard on it lately and it'll be great to see all those pieces come together. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Sciatica is killing me but otherwise all is good! 

I have a heart condition, so I can never have caffeine... that pretty much eliminates coffee shops for me anyway (even decaf has enough caffeine to potentially put me in cardiac arrest). 
  • Options
    Thanks for the milestone marker @HGRich!  Sometimes I feel like the first trimester just crawled by, but when I see someone else say it like that, I can't believe the 2nd is here already!

How far along are you?  13 weeks

How big is baby? 
     Peach

Appointments this week? 
     Had an ob checkup last week, nothing until 16 weeks now, which is scary to me. 

Physically I'm still feeling the nausea.  In the last week or so I've also had a lot of gas and gassy stomach pains, which is no fun.  Emotionally I was doing well after our genetic scan and results, but we started telling more people this past weekend and for some reason that's made me revert to being scared we jinxed it by telling people. 

The magical "you feel so much better physically in the 2nd trimester" time!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
     I'm still wearing my regular clothes, and I wear a lot of dresses and tights to work, so I should be able to wear those for awhile, but does anyone have any experience or suggestions on where to find maternity pants in longer lengths?  I'm 5'9" and usually buy 'tall' sizes. 

I'm not a coffee drinker, never have been (one pregnancy restriction I didn't mind!), but sometimes I'll have hot chocolate, especially in the cold Michigan winters.  It's funny you mention being converted in college/grad school @HGRich, when I started grad school everyone told me I'd start drinking coffee eventually out of necessity, but I've just never liked the taste!
  • Options

How far along are you? 16.2!

How big is baby? Avocado

Appointments this week? First cervical length after cerclage placed

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I've had a migraine for 2 days now... I thought fiorcet broke it but it's back. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Finding out gender! Last time our "gender sono" is when we discovered I was dilated so I have a little anxiety about it, even though I know I'm being closely monitored

Rants/Raves/Questions: the girl I work with went on maternity leave and they piled all her work on me and now they're giving me a hard time for not keeping up when I was already struggling to keep up due to first trimester pregnancy fatigue/morning sickness. 

Rave: feels so good to be in maternity pants!

GTKY: Used to like regular coffee... now I can't stand the smell!
  • Options
    @CPR79 I am also 5'9" and have to by "tall" lengths if jeans. I bought mine from Kohls online because they do maternity tall sizes which was awesome. They don't carry any maternity clothes in store though which sucks since you can't try anything on first :(

Also, I totally expected all my symptoms to suddenly vanish in second tri but that process is slow and gradual. Wishing you a speedy transition into feeling better! 

• Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 thanks so much! I was actually just at kohls and they've started carrying a very small in store selection (at least at my local store) but it's pretty bad! I'll have to look online. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    10 wks today 

How big is baby? 
    Size of a strawberry 

Appointments this week?
    First appt with midwife on Monday 

Emotionally pretty good, definitely hormonal at times. Physically I feel like some of my energy is returning in spurts, which is awesome. I had really severe nausea and vomiting since my BFP. Taking diclegis and it's helping some to alleviate the 24-7 nausea. 

Nuchal scan and genetic screening

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Just really very happy to have seen and heard the baby's heartbeat twice so far. Puts my mind at ease! 

I used to get an Americano or Green tea 
    (I've had a couple decaf Americanos recently..not the same!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers