September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/16 - 1/22

2»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/16 - 1/22

• Options
    kailapop said:
    I've given up my second cup of coffee starting today.  :'(   I did my research and then measured how much I normally have, and it's too much. How are you all making it through life with no nap and no caffine?!? 
    I gave up caffeine when I got pregnant with my DS who is now 18 months. I don't miss caffeine at all! I had headaches for a week and that was it. If I drink caffeine now I get jittery and wired. I pretty much only drink water. 
    My first symptom of pregnancy, other that implantation bleeding, started about five days before I got my BFP, and it was a new sensitivity to caffeine. My morning cup of tea, or any caffeine, now makes me jittery and makes it hard to focus. I guess it's my body's way of telling me what I don't need right now, but it makes waking up/mornings in general difficult. 

• Options
    @kailapop honey I feel you. I quit coffee before I found out I was pregnant and switched to tea which I have now also stopped and I'm struggling. I'm so freaking tired. Solution? I'm going back to one cup of coffee per day. I don't know what to tell you for going from two to one just know that I feel your pain. We can do this!!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kailapop; the struggle is real! I only ever drank 1-2 cups a day and luckily coffee tastes horrible right now so cutting back hasn't been terrible.  As for exhaustion, I fell asleep while the kuerig was brewing a single cup so I have no suggestions for that. If it makes you feel any better, I've read that 1-2 cups/400mg is the safe threshold but that the real danger doesn't start until closer to 5-7 cups/1000+mg. Obviously do what you feel comfortable with and you should discuss it at your first doctors appointment, but if you really need that second cup, it's probably ok.
  • Options
    @kailapop  Not really drinking caffeine, but I'm definitely taking naps, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kailapop said:
    I've given up my second cup of coffee starting today.  :'(   I did my research and then measured how much I normally have, and it's too much. How are you all making it through life with no nap and no caffine?!? 
    I slowly cut down from 3 cups down to 1.5 over the last month. I'm officially down to 1 cup now then a nice tea for the road. It's not so bad if you cut down gradually. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I can't stop puking. Send HALP.
  • Options
    @pregnantaf me too. I didn't start feeling naseous until today 
  • Options
    @pregnantaf I can't remember, did you have MS the whole time with DS? Either way, hopefully it will pass or you can get medicine to help with it.  
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! I made it (barely) through the day. Got home at 7pm, are dinner, put DS to bed at 8pm and was passed out by 8:15pm. 
  • Options
    @kailapop with my first, I couldn't stand the smell of coffee.  That was almost 18 months ago and I still only have coffee as a special treat! Once I got over the "hump" I found that I have more sustained energy throughout the day.  Crazy how that happens!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    DS1 is 5 today!
    Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kailapop, I cut my coffee back a lot. I love a large cup of coffee in the morning. I just add less grounds to my filter. I have really been sluggish the last few days, so I'm definitely struggling. It doesn't help that DS2 is getting his first set of molars. 
  • Options
    @Carebella just first tri... I filled my zofran script. 
  • Options
    @pregnantaf Zofran needs to start doing its job asap. No one needs to be puking. Especially someone that can't easily take bathroom breaks at work. Hugs. 
  • Options
    My random thought is that I feel so lucky for my job. DH is a teacher. He gets like one bathroom break per day. I have to get up like every hour almost and I'm not even really that nauseous yet. Can't imagine how pregnant women teach. If any of you are teachers, know I have so much respect for you. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @ashley2824 congratulations on your promotion!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    We had an ice storm and one of my kids was sick so I haven't been able to make it to the gym. I plan to go today and then the next 2 days. I'm suppose to get 10 miles a week in for my team that I joined. We plan to run/walk/swim 2017 miles this year. I'm slacking so I'm planning to knock it out in the next 3 days. 
  • Options
    With my last baby, I had a bathroom attached to my classroom... this time I don't. It's already been rough. I'm very much not looking forward to third trimester.
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    @bridge-and-wall it is tough!  I also haven't told anyone at work yet so I try to ask different people each time to watch my kids for a minute to avoid suspicion lol
  • Options
    The whole "limited pee breaks" is definitely an issue. I've managed to find times to go about every two hours... counting when I take my class to the bathroom and there are other teachers around that can watch them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We booked a ski vacation for this week well before we got a BFP.

Needless to say, I do not have the energy to ski in the mountains for 7 hrs a day for 4 consecutive days. The struggle (and mandatory midday naps) is real.*

*Except I am still on a vacation so I can't really complain...
  • Options
    My poor dog, 8yo shih tzu, had to get 22 teeth pulled this week. She somehow was left with 16 (she didn't lose a lot of baby teeth apparently). All but one we're able to be pulled out by hand. She's never had great teeth but about 2 years ago she was really sick, almost died, with AIHA (autoimmune hemolytic anemia) and she was on steroids for like 9 months which destroyed her teeth. So we just got around to getting her teeth cleaned and some removed ($$$). She's already back to her normal self, I just feel bad, her mouth is still pretty swollen.
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I cannot even fathom being a teacher and pregnant!  Prayers for your strength and bladder control!

I'm a clinical therapist and I've had a few "uh oh" moments where I thought the nausea would take over, but thankfully I've been able to keep it at bay so far.  Preggie Pops have been a lifesaver!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!