Infertility

Intro

Hello everyone!

I am a regular on the TTGP board, and I love the ladies over there, but I feel like I've reached a point in our journey where I will relate just a little bit better to the women on this board.  H and I initially began TTC (sort of - More like NTNP) in March of 2015.  I was one of those people who naively assumed that the rainbows and unicorns would all line up and we would be expecting our newest family member in a few short months.  I didn't want to track, temp, or chart anything.  It felt like too much pressure.  I was aware of the usual CM signs and what not, and would try to capitalize on those time periods, but beyond that we sort of just let things roll.

Month bled into month and...nothing happened.  In October of 2015, we decided to take a more proactive approach and I started to track my cycles more actively (temping, checking and tracking cm, etc), which was my first cue that my cycles were wildly irregular.  In March of 2016 I saw a Dr for something unrelated to TTC, and she expressed concern regarding the length of time we'd been "trying," my irregular cycles, and the pain I'd been having for years in my abdominal area.  I saw my OB in June of 2016, and, after talking with her, we decided to keep on trying until October (when my next yearly was due).  If I wasn't pregnant at that time, we'd start testing.

Nothing had changed by October, so my OB ordered a SA for H and bloodwork and an HSG for me.  At that point, I was still in denial and was definitely trying to convince myself that we'd just had bad timing. My CD3 + thyroid bloodwork indicated mildly high TSH levels (4.2) but otherwise my levels were normal.  H went in for his SA in mid-Nov.  Given my history, I won't lie, I was absolutely shocked when H's SA indicate severe oligospermia with borderline motility and morph.  It definitely changed the picture for us.

We've met with our RE and have a plan of action.  Next cycle I'm doing an HSG, just to make sure everything is all clear.  H is going back for a follow up SA (here's hoping the vitamins he's on and the lifestyle changes he's made have had a positive impact) and was referred to a urologist specializing in fertility.  The RE was mostly unconcerned with any potential issues I may have at this point given that if we can't boost H's numbers we're looking at IVF anyway.  We're hopeful that the urologist can pinpoint the source of H's low count, and, if not, we're mentally preparing for IVF. 

If you took the time to read all of that, thank you for the care and concern!  If not, I totally get it!  I hope that I can learn a lot from all of you, and that I can offer support and, eventually knowledge of my own. 

Re: Intro

• I'm sorry that you are here, but welcome and best of luck to you!
  • Welcome!
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome @zwink1.  I'm sorry that you have to join us over here but glad you are moving forward with the testing.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Hi and welcome!  
    TTC since:  1/2015
    11/16:  IVF #1.  BFN
    2/23/17:  FET with a BFP on 3/8/17.
    EDD: 11/11/17 with a baby GIRL!

• It's great you have a plan!
  • Thank you for the welcome!  @carterh33 Now let's see if any part of that plan actually happens as planned.
  • Welcome @zwink1 & best of luck to you. :)