October 2015 Moms
Options

Advice for a wanabe stay at home mom

Hi everyone I wanted to get some advice on becoming a stay at home mom. I've been thinking about this for a while now and wanted to get your experiences and advices on this.

Re: Advice for a wanabe stay at home mom

• Options
    Not sure exactly what your asking...
    I am a SAHM because it made the most sense for our family.  When my maternity leave ended after a year my company was kind of on the rocks and could only offer sporadic shifts.  It seemed crazy to pay for child care that we may or may not be using.  Plus we are due with #2 in July and found out we were pregnant about a week after our sons birthday.   My husband works as an independent contractor and makes more than enough to support our family.  I miss having the interactions with co-worker's but love being home with my boy.  It's definitely a change, it can be so busy and boring and lonely but in the same breath we play and laugh a lot.  I love putting him down for his nap and watching him learn.  I feel lucky that we were financially able to do it this way.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting advice wise but I know the things biggest for me is finding some adult time and some me time while being a SAHM. Any time alone or adult time is greatly valued in my opinion. Find what fits your personalities and don't try to compare yourself to other at home parents. You'll stress and worry too much if you compare yourself or your child to what other parents and children are doing. Either way you go enjoy it the best you can. No matter what it is hard so just take a deep breath and you can make it work :-)