February 2016 Moms

pee issue?

So lo isn't waking up dry after naps and bedtime.BUT he pees within 30min or so and has at least 6-10wet diapers during day.he also isn't pooping as much but he went from baby food stage 3 to straight table food(his choice not mine he slaps baby food away but will eat any table food we give him).I'm assuming that's y he isn't pooping as much and it stinks so bad when he does.I'm going to call his Dr but anyone else w same issues?

Re: pee issue?

• Forgot to add he still nurses 5&times a day 
  • The poop part sounds totally normal to me. LO's poop is gross because he eats normal food now, including meat. Because his poop is more solid, it does take longer to get through his system, and all of that combines to make his diapers smell like...whoa. I find myself gagging sometimes!

I'm not sure I understand the pee problem. Is he peeing less than before, and that's what has you worried? It sounds like you're still getting lots of wet diapers, so you probably don't need to be concerned. Definitely doesn't hurt to call his doctor though, since you know your little guy best.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea it went from 10-12 down to 6ish diapers a day depending on day and naps and bedtime he use to be soaked when he woke up but now he's completely dry .I guess its just me worrying. He's not dehydrated as he still has tears drool and such just seemed like a big drop to me
  • That all sounds completely normal to me. Call the doctor if it makes you feel better, but I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks I think I'm just worrying it seemed like a sudden drop from soaked diapers every hour to 6or so a day..maybe his better is holding more so its not as often..?
  • @taitai82 : Maybe he upgraded his bladder. :)
  • My LO used to have a ridiculously massive nappy every morning, but it's definitely less so now. She seems happy and hydrated. 
  • That's how his were!!! Absolutely full in mornings. But suddenly they're completely dry.he seems hydrated it just threw me off at the sudden change!
  • jarob747jarob747 member
    edited January 2017
    Same here, glad this seems to be normal then. Not always dry but definitely way less pee through the night.
    ETA I am going all in to potty train at 18 months maybe this is just letting me know he will be easy lol
  • Update...apparently for my lo this was an issue.maybe not getting enough to drink BC now he's back to a soaked diaper every hour and half along w soaked diapers after naps and middle of night-morning to
  • Good to know, @taitai82 . Glad he's back to normal! Kind of worried now that my LO doesn't drink enough, because he definitely has fewer wet diapers these days. :-/
  • @=caenis= gut instinct told me it was to sudden of change for him even though he had plenty tears drool ect.I'm glad he's better .hopefully your lo is alright as well")