June 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter! 1/13

Re: Weekend Chatter! 1/13

• @Elyse1384 I came on here tonight as I instantly thought of you since the Brady/Edelman gif... 

Anyone else see the close up on Brady blowing his nose right before the last play before half?

After the first nostril, why did they keep the camera on him?!?
  • @Elyse1384 I came on here tonight as I instantly thought of you since the Brady/Edelman gif... 

Anyone else see the close up on Brady blowing his nose right before the last play before half?

After the first nostril, why did they keep the camera on him?!?
    Ha - That shot of Brady was a pretty solid recap of how the first half has gone.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @Elyse1384 very true, he seems to be getting very frustrated...
  • @Elyse1384 very true, he seems to be getting very frustrated...

• @sevenn @Elyse1384 thank goodness they got their crap together for the 2nd half!  Now to stress the 2nd game to see if we get KC or Pittsburgh.  I'I honestly not sure which I would rather.  I'm almost hoping for another Brady/roethlisburger championship, because there's not too many more years for those.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    @sevenn @Elyse1384 thank goodness they got their crap together for the 2nd half!  Now to stress the 2nd game to see if we get KC or Pittsburgh.  I'I honestly not sure which I would rather.  I'm almost hoping for another Brady/roethlisburger championship, because there's not too many more years for those.
    This would be my nightmare. My two least favorite teams ever.  :s
  • awillis13 said:
    @sevenn @Elyse1384 thank goodness they got their crap together for the 2nd half!  Now to stress the 2nd game to see if we get KC or Pittsburgh.  I'I honestly not sure which I would rather.  I'm almost hoping for another Brady/roethlisburger championship, because there's not too many more years for those.
    How bout them cowboys? Anybody? Bueller? No? I'm hoping for a Dallas/New England Super bowl myself. I really can't stand the Pats and would love to kick their ass(sorry ladies flame away). Even though it was a long shot, mainly because their QB is a nightmare, I was rooting for Houston last night. What a sh-t show.
  • As long as it's not Atlanta.  I don't really have a reason but I don't like them.  It will be interesting to see if Rogers can get his act together because he has been really inconsistent this year.  If Dallas was playing Romo I would say there is no way they don't choke today, but Prescott has really stepped it up and shown he's the real deal.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @erinh84, I'd like that match up. I loathe the Pats!
  • @ladylolly89, I finally found this at Hy-vee! It didn't disappoint!

• Now that we are all safely out of first tri, is there anything you can take for stomach bug/upset stomach/diarrhea?  I have been so sick all morning, DH is out of town, and we have to leave to take DS to a birthday party in 1/2 hour
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • slssls member
    edited January 2017
    Sigh.

I woke up at 3 am last night. The babies were kicking up a storm. I tried to go back to sleep, but I was hungry. I tried to ignore it for a while, finally got a snack... Long story short, I was awake for an hour and a half.

The good news is that DH let me sleep in. The bad news is that all wreaks havoc with my brain chemistry. I'm feeling so down today. Crying and not wanting to do anything and feeling so hopeless about everything from politics to how am I suppose to get through working until May to DD going to kindergarten (she's 2).

Only 5 more months! *weak smile*
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • @ladylolly89, I finally found this at Hy-vee! It didn't disappoint!

Yay!!! So good! 
  • Ahutch428Ahutch428 member
    edited January 2017
    @erinh84 Yes! Die hard Cowboy fan here! I am so excited and so nervous for the game today!!

ETA: gif 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I made the mistake of volunteering to work for a friend of the family @ the Auto Show in Detroit this weekend/all of next week- on top of my 8 hour drive here I am working 13 hour days (10 days straight). I definitely didn't take into consideration how exhausting this was going to be while pregnant lol
    Needless to say- I'll be less active on the boards until I get home on the 23rd!  :|
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @Ahutch428 - Packer fans here. Sorry you're going to lose today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love my Steelers and I'm so glad that I have tomorrow off so that I can actually watch tonight's game at the new time.  On the NFC side I usually kind of like (and respect) the Packers, but I don't know that I can handle another Super Bowl like XLV.  At least I could drink through that one.
  • @MrsW524 do we know why they flexed the times?  I can't stay up that late (I even fell asleep during the pats game last night)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im spending my weekend letting my nesting take over and cleaning out closest and stuff. Also, can't wait for championship football! I'm with @merrylea go pack go!  
    @Stankonia2014 Did you end up getting much ice? I live in the Burbs of STL and after warning of the worst ice storm in 10 years... we got barely a thing.

• @awillis13  I heard it was safety concerns surrounding the ice storm forecast for Kansas City.  Truthfully, I'm being optimistic in saying I'll stay up for the whole thing, but I'm going to try. 
  • merrylea said:
    @Ahutch428 - Packer fans here. Sorry you're going to lose today. 
    Dear sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus, please let the Cowboys win today. Amen. DH is at the game here in Dallas. I'm jealous, not gonna lie.

(insert Dak Prescott gif here. I really need to go read that gif post again so I can learn how to gif. Lame)
  • @erinh84 @Ahutch428 what's happening to your Cowboys?  I really thought this would be a closer game than this....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    @erinh84 @Ahutch428 what's happening to your Cowboys?  I really thought this would be a closer game than this....
    I really don't know, but they better get their asses in gear quick.
  • @Wearmi1, both the pancakes and the walk sound awesome.

• @TGmomtobe90, we haven't gotten any ice yet, just rain so far, assuming it'll get dangerous once the temp drops.
  • @Stankonia2014 where in NE are you again? It just started freezing within the last 45 min at our house in Lincoln. I'm not looking forward to driving to work at all. 
  • Stankonia2014Stankonia2014 member
    edited January 2017
    @huskermom14, I'm in Lincoln too!  

Wait, are you a nurse? 

Edit: to add question.
  • @Stankonia2014 @huskermom14
    I'm near Omaha and it is getting nasty here. It looks like rain but is actually a solid sheet of very slippery ice (yes, I was stupid and went out in it).
  • Yikes! Stay safe, ladies, @ladylolly89 & @huskermom14!
  • I'm in Madison and they say there will be freezing rain and ice on the roads in the morning. The ONE morning this week I have to go somewhere. WTF weather? Can't you be shitting on a day where I don't have to go anywhere?!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's beyond stressful!  But at least it's a good game.  I don't think playoff games (especially past the wildcard round) should be blowouts.  If both teams were good enough to make the playoffs, it should be more evenly matched.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH THAT FIELD GOAL. Snuck right in. Holy smokes. 
  • Holy crap!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wowwwww... Oh Cowboys fans.  That.  Sucks.
  • Just survived our first ER trip with DS. He fell getting off the bed and hit his head on the corner of the bed stand and there was so much blood. In the end he didnt even need a stitch and ER doctor said there wasnt a need for cat scan. Basically we probably overreacted but better safe than sorry. Scary but grateful the only treatment needed is extra kisses and cuddles.
  • @mombod, so scary! Glad he is okay. I agree though, better to be safe.  

DD did the same thing on the corner of a window sill, ER doc said ct scan wasn't worth the potential exposure, glued her up and sent us on our way. You're not alone.