March 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Sorry if someone was planning on posting this...I didn't see one so I thought I'd start it. 

My Friday confession is that I wore jeans to school today. Our faculty always wears jeans for special days like field trips, parties, half-days, etc. But today I'm feeling tired and crampy and constipated and getting dressed isn't fun anymore, so I threw on my comfy jeans and headed to school. Zero F's were given. 

What do you want to confess today?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Boy: coming March 2017

Re: FFFC

• Options
    My favorite guilty pleasure show is The Bachelor!  I was a little too excited to see it back on again for me to watch over these next few weeks!!
  • Options
    I've bee so tired by the time I go to bed, it takes all my energy to actually get into the bedroom and in bed. As a result I have been skipping brushing my teeth before I go to sleep. DH can just deal with my bad morning breath once I'm more energetic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kjd291 I love the bachelor too! I am sad to admit that I think Nick is a babe- he has definitely grown on me over the years.
    @npaulie me too, I'm so lazy I've definitely been skipping on my oral hygiene. I am getting my teeth cleaned next week though so hopefully the hygienist doesn't yell at me too much. 
  • Options
    @Spartanrd4  Although he's also grown on me over the years, I still don't find him attractive... but no matter what I'm still watching!!
  • Options
    if i'm at home, which is a lot considering I'm a STM, there is no bra wearing, pajama pants are on, and most likely DH's tshirt. I don't care if it's 3 pm.
  • Options
    I was so freakin uncomfortable at work today that I pretty much did nothing. My uterus is so high up in my ribs that sitting in a normal posture is just not comfortable anymore and the things I wanted to work on weren't really conducive to standing... So I did nothing haha

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @EnglishTeacherMama so much food for thought thank you!

This is my second LO so there will be no baby shower. Basically the reason for the purse choice was because I'm having a hard time with my big purse being too heavy for me and I wanted something smaller to carry around with 2 kids. I usually use my bags until they start to wear and tear, and this would be my every day bag. The lying is what is making me want to return it.. I can't face the conversation and I never had felt the need to lie to him before about anything especially something I purchased.. So this may eat at me. 

I did think to myself though.. A new house. Another baby. This is probably the very last purchase I will make for myself in a long while. That's when I walked to the cash. 
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited January 2017
    @Burrberrymum about 4 years ago I spent $500+ on a beautiful Coach bag & at least $100 on a matching wristlet/wallet.... I talked myself into buying it as an "investment" piece thinking I'd use it every day for years and it was so classic that it'd be worth it. Nope. I used it for maybe the first month after I bought it but then every time I saw it I just felt guilty and could only think of how much money I spent on it. I've used/still use the wallet daily, usually carrying it inside my much more practical $20 purse, but the bag remains in our storage room with little to no hope of me ever carrying it out of the house again. Now I'd feel guilty not only for how much I spent on it but also if other people were to see me, "ms. frugal" (now...after my crazy spendthrift phase) walking around with some fancy purse I'd feel like a hypocrite. I wish I could've returned that bag when I had the chance lol now it's just a bad reminder of my shopaholic days. So if I were in your position I'd either come clean about the true price to your SO or return it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd just admit it and keep it.  So I usually have a 'fancier' purse on my shoulder however the last one has been by my side daily for the past 3 years.  In terms of mileage it's one of the more economical purchases.  No way a cheaper purse would have held up as long.  And it does need replacing now but I can pass it down & I know a family member will love it.  As long as it's quality construction Id have no hesitation. Leather shoulder straps are the bees knees.  I'm (not so) patiently waiting to see 'what's left' after the baby shower and make my next purse purchase based on budget.  Moms can have nice things.  It's OK.
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum
    Im gonna cash in my two cents, as it were as well. Your husband can help you decide whether or not to keep it- talk to him! Tell him what you told us, it sounds like the purchase impacted you emotionally in a big way lol and until you come clean I think it might stress you out! The fact that the purchase made you feel so strongly may be an indicator that you don't need it as much as you thought but you need SOMETHING to pamper yourself with, which I and probably your hubby will understand. And may I suggest hunting around online for purses? Ive found it keeps me from just getting one just because "it was the only one I liked in the store" though the obvious downside is you can't see it beforehand. Either way, I hope you find a peaceful solution and that you and your husband can laugh about it later <3
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum I'd talk through all of it (the purchase plus resulting emotional rollercoaster) with your husband, especially if he's good at helping sort through your emotions and is understanding of where you are right now (third trimester hormone mood craziness, if you're anything like me). Especially since this isn't something you usually do, and like you say your actions are coming out of left field.

FWIW I get nicer purses ($100-$300) and use them for years. A few times I've gotten purses under $50 but they've all fallen apart in under a year. YMMV though because I just get boring/black purses that fit what I need but are light enough for my shoulder, and ignore all trends.

Maybe also make a list of ways you can pamper yourself, with a range of prices but focus on low-cost but high-payoff (ex. for me, bath with a favorite book and epsom salts is amazing, and sometimes even just taking the time to do my nails for 20 minutes instead of doing household chores will really reset how I feel)... feeling like you're constantly sacrificing and not taking care of yourself as a person isn't a good place to be. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Burrberrymum - what about returning it and treating yourself to a fancy diaper bag, like from Petunia Pickle Bottom? They have an outlet sale and I just got a bag that's normally $170 for $80! 
  • Options
    @direwolfmini i would definitely take advantage of that! good for you!
  • Options
    Ohh, money.... Confession! My mom bought my uncle's Christmas gift that is intended to be from me, because I told her I feel tight on cash. Yet I just spent $140 on maternity clothes that should last me postpartum. :grimace: I saved $143 in coupons and sales, so overall, I scored 50% off the total purchase. But yikes. I'll make up for it next Christmas and get him something super nice or with extra thought into the gift...
  • Options
    @dubcompanion The difference is, you NEED to be clothed for the remainder of the pregnancy, you don't NEED a Christmas present. I don't know about you, but I felt blindsided having to re-buy maternity clothes when I grew out of the first bunch. I didn't know that was a thing!!!!!! This will be the FIRST THING I tell an expecting mom when they ask for any tips from a STM!

Also, thank goodness for awesome Moms that have your back when you're cash strapped. Mine did the same thing for me when I needed to buy a gift for my SIL's wedding shower several years back. I was so broke back then, that my mom ended up picking something for her off her registry, didn't tell me what it was, and wrapped it up saying it was from me! Both of us were surprised at her shower  :D Come to think about it, I'm not sure that I ever made it up to her...
  • Options
    @direwolfmini I didn't realize I'd outgrow my first round maternity clothes either! I really thought they would last the total nine months and into PP. Each mom is different though, I'm sure. I could see a singleton pregnancy making it with one round of mat. clothing if the mom's body shape and the way she carries her baby line up just right. 

I think I feel guilty about not funding the gift, because usually I put a lot of effort into what I send to others for Christmas, on my dime. My mom is indeed awesome! I'll be paying her back by letting her spoil her granddaughter. ;) 
  • Options
    @direwolfmini and @dubcompanion I didn't realize growing out of maternity clothes was a thing either! It's been a rude awakening! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Boy: coming March 2017

• Options
    I haven't REALLY cleaned my house since Christmas. I have done some sweeping and laundry and such but not a deep clean like I usually do weekly! It is a mess but I just don't have the energy for it, ugh! I am considering hiring a cleaning service to do it for me!  :D

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @dubcompanion I can still fit into most maternity things still at this point, some are a little tighter than others so we will see what makes it to the end. The ones I am most confident will not are the more flowy tops with the empire waist vs. the stuff with the bunched up sides that have more stretch- pretty sure they will be belly shirts in no time!