September 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 1/13

2»

Re: STM+ check in 1/13

• 1.remind us... How many kiddos do you have? 

One DD! Will be 2 in May.

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? Current symptoms?

Bloating and general crankiness. I started getting nausea, food aversions, fatigue around 7 weeks last time.

3. Appointments this week? 

Not yet, just 4 weeks now. Going to look for an OB this week (we moved since last pregnancy) and schedule in February sometime.

4. Rants/Raves

DH generally stressing. He's happy and excited, stressing about managing multiple kids, about what I'm eating, etc. Irritating me, hormones aren't helping.

5. Questions

Cant think of any at the moment!

6. GTKY: When you get "me time" away from the kid(s), what do you enjoy doing

Binging my TV shows, I go out with my mommy friends a few times a month, reading, playing games on computer.
  • 1.remind us... How many kiddos do you have? 
    A 14-month old human son and 2 furbabies (a cat and a german shepherd cross)

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? Current symptoms?  
    Not too many symptoms yet, except loss of appetite but I don't know if that's even related to the pregnancy. I don't think I even knew at this point last time that I was pregnant.

3. Appointments this week? 
    This Friday with my general practitioner that I had actually booked weeks ago for a physical/pap (it's been a while!), but now it will be a different type of appointment. Will ask to be referred to a different OB than I had last time.

4. Rants/Raves  
    I JUST went back to work last week after an extended 14 month mat leave (I'm Canadian) and I'm dreading the day I have to tell my boss/team I will be away again after only being back for 8 months.... :/

5. Questions 
    For those that had their newborns sleep in their bedrooms in the beginning, how long until you guys transferred him/her into their nursery? (#2 will have to sleep in our bedroom for a while... we only have a 2 bedroom)

6. GTKY: When you get "me time" away from the kid(s), what do you enjoy doing
    "Me time" is basically when I'm at work. During my lunch break, I walk around the mall and savour being able to speed-walk (no stroller to push!) and go up and down steps (don't have to find a ramp or elevators for the stroller!)

• Loading the player...
  • @SquattingGryphon My plan was three months bed sharing, 3 months co-sleeper, then transition to his own room. We hit two years in November and still bedshare. The goal is to have him, at least, transitioned to a bed in our room long enough before baby arrives that he doesn't end up getting jealous. It's all about personal preferences and what works for you. And you might make one plan and end up doing something completely different. 
  • @SquattingGryphon We had DS in his playpen beside our bed for 6 weeks and then gradually moved him into his crib in his own room. We would occasionally cosleep but nobody got any good rest so we didn't do it regularly at night. I did it a lot more for naps during the day.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • So what are everyone's plans regarding a stroller? I love love love my City Mini (that I got for cheap from another mom) but I realize that I'm going to need to switch over to a double seeing as how my daughter will be a year and seven months when #2 is born. I have a graco car seat so I'm considering getting a graco double, but I'm just not sure. Thoughts?
  • 1. remind us... How many kiddos do you have? 

I have one, a 4 year old DS.

2. How is this pregnancy different from your others so far? Current symptoms?

It's not different at all, except that it was planned!  My boobs are subtly sore and I'm a bit more tired than usual.  No other symptoms.

3. Appointments this week? 

None this week.  My first appointment is at 8 weeks on 2/3.

4. Rants/Raves

No rants or raves today, just wish I could take a nap.

5. Questions

I'm still not clear on what the differences between my previous pregnancy and being considered AMA this time.  I wish someone had a chart that told me when I get extra u/s  ;)

6. GTKY: When you get "me time" away from the kid(s), what do you enjoy doing

Spending time with my girlfriends, going to yoga, wandering Target, reading a book.  Speaking of, I get almost 48 hours of "me time" this weekend, in which I'll probably just sleep a lot since I hit 6 weeks this week!
  • @trishkev07  DS will be almost 5 when this LO comes, so I'm keeping my Bumbleride Indie single and adding a mini board for DS.  Very grateful I don't have to buy a twin!
  • mamagabby-2mamagabby-2 member
    edited January 2017
    @trishkev07 I just started looking; I'm thinking about getting the uppa baby vista. I like that I can rearrange for growing/more kids in the future. DD will be 2.5 when this one arrives.
    Also planning on doing a lot of baby wearing for the first months, especially in the chilly months so baby can be warm next to me!
  • @trishkev07 If you're happy with the Grace that's probably a great way to go :-)

We have a single bob revolution flex since 1) I needed a running stroller and 2) they're good for regular use as well. I'm not sure yet if I'll get two double strollers, one for running which has to be side by side, and one inline double. We do enough baby wearing and DS loves to walk and run that we might stick with just having a running stroller.  

• We have a single bob revolution flex since 1) I needed a running stroller and 2) they're good for regular use as well. I'm not sure yet if I'll get two double strollers, one for running which has to be side by side, and one inline double. We do enough baby wearing and DS loves to walk and run that we might stick with just having a running stroller.  
    I was definitely considering getting one of each as well if we can afford it because we like taking walks in our neighborhood that has dirt roads. The inline doubles don't look as sturdy and look harder to maneuver you know? Maybe I ought to go in to a store and try one out...

I tried baby wearing with a moby wrap and I wasn't too fond of it tbh (thought my husband loved it!), I may try a different kind this time around...