Options

Friday Ticker Change 01/13

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite thing?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 01/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 21 weeks!

How big is baby? Endive! (I've never cared more about endive than I do this morning.)

Any appointments this week? I have a second trimester group meeting at the birth center on Tuesday. I'm excited to meet some more women in my position!

Symptoms? Nausea, headaches, back aches, RLP. But also feeling the baby move (!!) So it's all good.

Cravings? I wouldn't call them cravings but still loving dairy/cheese (not normally my thing), fruit and more salty/savory than sweet (I'm usually all about the sweets).

Rants/Raves/Questions? I agree, @MollyandD. I'm not loving the bump attention, and don't try to touch it! I'm trying not to stress about my weight or the fact that I'm so sore just from being pregnant that any fitness feels like torture. I'm stressing about the baby shower, mostly because I'm not planning it and feel like I have no control over it. Training for motherhood?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite? 

Favorite: feeling the baby! And, as cheesy as it may sound, just being pregnant. Wasn't very easy for us and I was terrified it'd be even harder than it was, so I can't be any happier just being pregnant. 
    Least favorite: the neverending nausea and all the aches (head, back, legs, you name it).

We're over the halfway mark, ladies!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? Cantaloupe or Atlantic Puffin

Any appointments this week? None til Feb. 9th

Symptoms? Back pain, sciatic pain

Cravings? Milk, sweet/sour candy, anything cold

Rants/Raves/Questions? Going car shopping tomorrow! Yay! We have needed a second car for so long, and with my new position at work starting Feb 1st it is a must. So excited!

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite thing?
    Favorite: DS starting to learn that he has a baby brother in mommy's belly and giving it hugs and pats.
    Least Favorite: The Back/sciatic pain and just overall feeling of being uncomfortable already

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    slssls member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    19w w/twins

How big is baby?
    Mangoes

Any appointments this week?
    I had an anatomy scan yesterday, and I get the results next Wed at my midwife. I was hoping to find out the sexes, but the tech was in a huge rush because it was the last appointment of the day. I asked him at the end, and he was really non-committal, "I didn't see any penises, so it's probably girls, but I don't know." I was really disappointed because come on! So I'm not taking that with any degree of confidence. :/ I will ask my midwife, but I also will have more u/s because they're twins, so we'll eventually find out.

Symptoms?
    The "joints need oiled" feeling when I get up has started. Ugh. And I'm still slightly nauseous, but I'm down to 3 diclectin. And oh, the tired!

Cravings?
    Not really. That went away in the first trimester.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I do have a question about a new symptom. About an hour ago, I was sitting at my desk, and I felt lightheaded and sort of sick--not nauseous, just unwell. I feel lightheaded when I exert myself but never just sitting. I had two poptarts for breakfast, so now I'm worried it's GD. Anyway, I laid down for ten minutes, and it's mostly better, but ugh.

Baby kicks!! Always baby kicks!! Also people are super excited when they hear I'm having twins, so I'm completely avoiding the whole, "Oh, it's not your first? Congrats, I guess," thing. Least favorite is how unwell I am and hard I feel like I'm always over extending myself even when I'm doing nothing. :/
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited January 2017
    @sls I can't believe your u/s tech! How unprofessional! 

Edit: grammar
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut 

Any appointments this week? Anatomy scan was yesterday. Baby checked out great and we stayed loyal to team green.  

Symptoms? Bloody snot. I think I'm having minor nose bleeds that clot quickly.  I'm also having some leg cramps at night.  I should drink more water.  

Cravings? Salad and sweets.  At least one of my cravings is healthy.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I thought I was good on maternity clothes.  DS was born in July. I realized I needed a few winter items so I made a trip to Destination Maternity to pick up a few things. Now it's 77 degrees.  

Favorite:It's going by so quickly this time. I'm one of those people that actually enjoys being pregnant.  It really is an amazing experience.  

Least favorite: It's going by so quickly.  I have so much to do to get ready for baby! I also hate the thought of having to divert time and affection from DS once we have two.  It makes me cry thinking about his adjustment, but I know he'll be fine.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks, vitality week!

How big is baby? Brady Baby is the size of an eggplant (that seems accurate based on distance from butt to head), a Demi-Baguette (1/2 loaf of french bread), and a cantaloupe (I assume curled up?) 

Any appointments this week? Just got back from one! She said baby was wiggly when she was listening to heartbeat and that baby seems very happy, which of course made me feel good! She also said baby is still sideways.

Symptoms? Lightheadedness, which the Dr. said is common and to just take it easy. I still have acid reflux too.

Cravings? Cherry pop tarts, cheese/mustard/mayo sandwiches, and salt n vinegar chips

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite thing? Being a FTM, I'm finding it all really exciting! I love feeling and seeing the baby move, that is awesome! Least favorite things would be the yeast infection I had and acid reflux. Totally going to be worth it though :)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    MollyandD said:

Rants/Raves/Questions? I hate attention that I get from people I'm not close to. I don't like people fussing over my bump at work, and I don't like being asked, "How are you feeling?" twenty times a day. I'm a behind the scenes type of person. I love throwing baby showers and putting others in the spotlight. I just hate being that person getting the attention. I've been refusing a shower, but people keep asking me to let them throw one. I said I'll do it, but I really don't want to. 

omg yes, THIS. I hate small talk in general, ever so this is like torture. Ugh, I'm pregnant, not walking around with typhoid fever. I'm fine!
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options

How big is baby? coconut

Any appointments this week? none, my next one is next Thursday

Symptoms? RLP and having to pee a lot

Cravings? Not really, finally my meat aversion is over too

Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally got to feel a real kick on the outside last night. It is so different having an anterior placenta, but I hope it will become more frequent like last time. 

Favorite: Seeing how excited DD is for having a baby brother. She kisses my tummy as asks when she can hold him. The little flutters and one big kick are great too. 

Least Favorite: Not looking very pregnant. I'm overweight to begin with, so the bump is taking a long time to look like a bump. It sucks to not fit in my pants, but not look pregnant. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @roper2617 I've got 2 orange trees in my backyard that are over flowing with oranges. I need to go pick them, wish I could share with you!

@sls Um. what?! They know that's typically a big part of the anatomy scan. I mean, even if not for the gender thing, they're supposed to be looking to make sure all parts look alright.
    I have been having the lightheadedness too, even after eating (sometimes pop tarts too!) and drinking plenty of water. I saw OB today so I asked her about it. She said this is very common between week 20-28. That if it's occurring after eating and drinking it's likely not a blood sugar thing, but rather the volume of blood we have right now. She equated it to one tiny fish in a big huge fish tank, it's all just taking a while to catch up and get everywhere which can cause the lightheaded feeling. She said get up/ move slowly and if you feel that way at all to sit/ lay down to avoid risk of falling.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks!

How big is baby? A container of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (which I now want...give me all of the half baked), Chipotle burrito, or one of Dany's dragon eggs in GoT. 

Any appointments this week? Follow up A/S on Tuesday! Hopefully this boy will cooperate this time and show us his (perfectly healthy, *fingers crossed*) heart!

Symptoms? Tons of peeing, nosebleeds, random bursts of insane hunger

Cravings? Depends on the moment, but my one consistent cravings has been whole milk

Rants/Raves/Questions? This might be unreasonable, but I hate when people bring up my pregnancy without knowing for sure. In general, I feel like it's not a smart thing to do. I'm showing, but could also just have a beer belly. For weeks now, I've had new clients bring it up right when they meet me! Whenever I get asked "Are you pregnant?" I am tempted to say no, just to teach them a lesson. Don't assume people are pregnant. Just don't.
    When my son was FOUR MONTHS old, I had to take him to the doc, and one of the nurses said "Oh he's so cute- and you have another on the way already!?" (1) I am holding my baby. You know he is my baby. You know he is 4 months old. (2) You are a nurse. (3) You have a baby of your own and should know that it's normal for postpartum bellies to take a while to shrink. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite thing? Baby movements are the best. I'm excited for the movements to get stronger so DS can feel them- not that he'll know what's going on, since he's 14 months old...haha. DH has been trying to get DS interested in my belly, which is worked...but mainly means that when I sit down, he slaps my belly or tried to grab a handful of skin. Cute? 

@sls - I would have lost my cool with that U/S tech! Last appt of the day or not, that is terrible. 

Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    slssls member
    I'm starting to get the feeling I might get sent back in for another anatomy scan. I'll be interested in what my midwife has to say.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited January 2017
    @nda_roxybabe I'm very jealous! My backyard looks very much like your profile/display pic, not exactly ideal orange growing environment lol

eta: 
    @kayemjay2 Are you kidding me! An actual nurse said that!! I'm so floored by that, in the sense that holy crap she should know better! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    kayemjay2 said:

Rants/Raves/Questions? This might be unreasonable, but I hate when people bring up my pregnancy without knowing for sure. In general, I feel like it's not a smart thing to do. I'm showing, but could also just have a beer belly. For weeks now, I've had new clients bring it up right when they meet me! Whenever I get asked "Are you pregnant?" I am tempted to say no, just to teach them a lesson. Don't assume people are pregnant. Just don't.
    When my son was FOUR MONTHS old, I had to take him to the doc, and one of the nurses said "Oh he's so cute- and you have another on the way already!?" (1) I am holding my baby. You know he is my baby. You know he is 4 months old. (2) You are a nurse. (3) You have a baby of your own and should know that it's normal for postpartum bellies to take a while to shrink. 

GTKY: What is your favorite thing about this pregnancy so far? What is/has been your least favorite thing? Baby movements are the best. I'm excited for the movements to get stronger so DS can feel them- not that he'll know what's going on, since he's 14 months old...haha. DH has been trying to get DS interested in my belly, which is worked...but mainly means that when I sit down, he slaps my belly or tried to grab a handful of skin. Cute? 

@sls - I would have lost my cool with that U/S tech! Last appt of the day or not, that is terrible. 

I agree about people guessing. It weirds me out and makes me so uncomfortable! I just babysat a little girl who loved slapping my belly. It was terrible.

@sls I totally would have lost it, like kayemjay2 said. Sorry you had to deal with that!!
  • Options
    @MollyandD I totally feel you about not wanting to be fussed over. I got word the other day that I may end up having two showers (mainly because people can't seem to work together and do one) and I couldn't help but shudder at the thought. Also, your husband sounds so sweet!

@roper2617 I'm sorry you have struggled with anxiety. Sending you hugs!

@newmamaro Good luck with car shopping!

@sls I'm sorry about your ultrasound. That is so lame that the tech would say and act like that.

How big is baby? coconut 

Any appointments this week? no

Symptoms? Some belly pains, still hormonal, not too much going on. 

Cravings? I have been wanting chocolate more and fries. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 1. I have no idea what to put on a baby registry!!! 2. DH and I have decided on a first name for baby if baby is a boy. We have a name we like for a girl, but DH pronounces it different than I do and we can't seem to get on the same page with that. It is really starting to bother me!

Favorite: Just being pregnant and anticipating what is to come. I'm trying to embrace the experience!
    Least: People's comments and opinions about pregnancy/baby, etc. Also, having to get new clothes. 
  • Options
    @mspacman34 On the girl's name, I'd see who pronounces it the way the majority does and go with that. (I know you didn't ask for advice, sorry, hope you don't mind.) As someone who has a name (Alanna) that is pronounced correctly maybe 50% of the time, I think going with the majority is easiest. DH and I were deciding on a name with different ways of pronouncing the vowel inflection and we had to veto it because we couldn't agree on it. Names are hard!! Here's my philosophy (we still haven't decided on a boy's name): all you can do is your best, because there's no guarantee it will fit your child down the line, your child will like it, it will/won't be popular (depending on your preference). If only we had a crystal ball. :)
  • Options
    @jayandaplus Totally makes sense when you put it like that! Thanks!