Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pinky917 said:

@lulu1180 Yes!!! I hate the "I can't talk about it, but I need prayers" messages. Just say it already!!!!

ETA: Same with the "feeling down" posts, but when someone asks what's wrong they respond "I don't want to talk about it". You obviously want to talk about it or you would not have said anything to begin with.

Yes!!!!! All. Of. This.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kariann323 You literally just described me on any day of the week! Business casual workplace? Check. Leggings? Check. Skirts that are possibly a little too short? Check. Jeans on a Tuesday? Why not. Does it count if I put a suit jacket over it? 

@hartmich Totes agree. Leggings are pants. The most best pants ever.

**TW**
    Me & DH: 32
    Married 2013
    Kiddo #1: Sept 2015
    BFP: 1/19, EDD: 9/30

"I'm having fruit salad for dinner. Well, it's mostly just grapes, actually. Ok all grapes. Fermented grapes. Fine, I'm having wine for dinner."
  • Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited January 2017
    @LuND @adirat  I have been posting pretty regularly for about a month now and I am TTA. I have just been writing on the daily threads where I get to complain about random stuff. LOL I have also really enjoyed rooting everyone else on in their journey and learning from everyone about tracking. 

@bluejeanbabi05 I grew up in Michigan and moved to Southern FL a year ago! My DH and I hated it in FL though so we moved again in November. I am one of the people who lived in FL and loved it when it got cold enough to wear my fall/winter clothes! I lost the use of half my wardrobe when we moved there.  

@KariAnn323 I think it depends on the leggings. I have very thick leggings that I wear to work with long shirts and jackets. If you want to see some outrageous office ataire you should go work in Miami. I worked there before moving and I saw a girl with an open back shirt on in the office once. I almost died. 

ETA: Just to add to the UP about Lularoe... I get really annoyed with anything sold on FB or social media. No I do not want to buy a diet shake from you, or leggings, or face wash, or body wrap, or whatever god for saken thing you are selling at a WAY overpriced cost. And PLEASE don't ask me to sell it. 

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 I'll own it if I'm wrong. What's the appeal to you of posting here while you are TTA? I don't get it.

• Options
    @JJMNO1616 that's so funny! I'd ask where in MI but reading that catfish thread the other day really reminded me how anyone can post and read here lol. So I will refrain from the hand conversation.  

Also +1 to the things sold on fb. I feel guilty about saying that since statistics say at least a couple ladies on this board do it. I'm a fan of direct sales, don't get me wrong- I've done them before myself  before fb- but some of the stuff being sold OMG. 

• Options
    jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited January 2017
    adirat said:
    @JJMNO1616 I'll own it if I'm wrong. What's the appeal to you of posting here while you are TTA? I don't get it.
    Well it's partially what I previously said about learning from all of you. I wasn't planning to go off my BC until it got even closer to TTC but after learning about tracking on here and reading TCOYF (which I found out about on here) I decided to go off at the beginning of this month. It doesn't seem to be a very popular idea to just post and ghosts so I figured I would join in on the daily convos and get to know everyone so when or if I do have questions it's not weird (or rude) to ask. I'm also just generally excited about TTC so this gives me a place to be excited. As I mentioned on one of the other threads my DH gets a little annoyed by my TTC talk. Maybe it would be more appropriate for me to post on one of the other boards but as others have mentioned they don't have the same community and activeness TTGP does. 
  • Options
    I would say that quality black leggings are pants if you have at least 95% butt coverage 

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Options
    Going off what @kiki75 pointed out, that's why I buy high quality lounge wear @bluejeanbabi05 . I'm willing to spend $50-75 on thick black leggings that for me, double as daily wear and workout pants. They are thicker, warmer, don't fade AND suck you in/lift your butt. To me, that's a win all around. 

• Options
    @hartmich I think I have a harder time relating to thick comfy leggings cuz it's so hot here lol. When I was in MI I'm sure I wore leggings a lot, I don't remember for some weird reason tho. Working out down here in leggings is very uncomfortable so it's always just shorts for me. The investment part makes a lot of sense, maybe I'm just cheap ;)

• Options
    @adirat Remember that NYTino was on here for several months while TTA before starting TTC.  She might also be a good one to ask what the appeal was. 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Options
    I don't mind leggings if I can't see your panties or lack of panties.  Those are acceptable. 

However, if I can see what I do not want to see, those are in fact tights, not pants.

It is a local thing, I fear.  It's a big game about how sheer of leggings one can wear without a top or skirt over, while wearing very minimal, if any, underwear.  And it's not just teenagers, it's grown adults.
  • Options
    hartmich said:
    @bluejeanbabi05 I used to wear shorts in the warm months before I gained weight and thighs started to rub together

Hey, where'd ya find that video of me?

Oh, another UO - stupid, frequently misspelled, baby names.  Let's not even discuss what my flea minded sister or mother did.  I'm the only girl sibling with a rationally spelled name by mother choice.  Because Tesla Nemesis is the name of an evil super villain, but at least it's spelled right.
  • Options
    LuND said:
    @lulu1180 agreed.

For the record, I never said I was anti-newbie. I mean, we were all newbies once. I was just commenting on the sudden influx of newbies in the new year, and that it reminded me of the resolution gym-goers. Any newbies who lurk, read the newbie guide, and follow the rules is welcome in my eyes
    I couldn't have said it any better @ LuND

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    Ok, this begs the question...when do I get to stop being a newb???
  • Options
    Ok, this begs the question...when do I get to stop being a newb???
    Personally I think it ends once you've spent a full cycle posting regularly.  Just my two cents!

Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
  • Options
    @lulu1180 I was mostly being silly, but that seems fair!
  • Options
    @Tennis11785 I also like LLR dresses (actually wearing one right now). However, I am super careful when I buy them because I bought one Julia and it was 100% see through! And the consultant wouldn't swap it out. And they are a bit pricey ...but I do like the dresses. The leggings....meh. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hartmich said:

@lund Yes, so many newbies! I remember being a newbie and being so excited to post. I'm jealous of them, which is why I'm bitchy haha

THIS. I so wish that I could go back to that phase and skip the BBC phase.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @LuND @hartmich Capri yoga pants FTW! I also have what the doctor's call "Thunder Thighs" (my thigh bones go into my hip bone closer together than most, so it's genetic...I swear....plus chubby) and I panicked when I started working out because shorts ride up and pants are too hot but capri yoga pants--stay in place, don't make my legs look like tree trunks, great all around.

And:
    I don't mind leggings if I can't see your panties or lack of panties.  Those are acceptable. 

However, if I can see what I do not want to see, those are in fact tights, not pants.

It is a local thing, I fear.  It's a big game about how sheer of leggings one can wear without a top or skirt over, while wearing very minimal, if any, underwear.  And it's not just teenagers, it's grown adults.

Please tell me this isn't a thing. It can't be a thing! Don't let it be a thing!

I wish it wasn't a thing.  But it's grown adults, wearing leggings that are not close to full coverage, no way they can't see that, and half of them are in crop tops.  Gag.  
  • Options
    @lulu1180 DH will say that all the time because he knows it drives me crazy! 
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    Oh gosh, I'm sitting here in workout leggings waiting to go into my dance class. Maybe my UO is that I love leggings?
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    @jsnakehole I love love love leggings, just not the patterned variety. I also love barre class! Such a fun way to work out