TTC after 35

Update on my CP

I had my follow up with my OB yesterday.  She said if I was truly 4 weeks pregnant at the time of the first blood test my HCG should have been in the thousands and it was only 141.  It did double the 2nd blood draw but lowered the 3rd.  She says its almost like I popped out a random egg early in December but my cycles are very normal and I ovulate mid cycle so that would have put me at 4 weeks.  I'm no longer blaming myself and have come to the conclusion that it was just a bad embryo that never attached to my uterus and my body knew to get rid of it.  When I was pregnant with DD I never got a positive test until 4 weeks either so I have decided to call my old OB and see what my HCG level was with the first blood test that confirmed pregnancy.  I'm hoping they have it in my files.  Maybe my HCG is slow to rise with my pregnancies but I think I would feel better if I knew and could compare at least the initial blood draw of both pregnancies.

Moving forward I'm not going to track my cycles or anything like that because I just need a mental break from it all - we are continuing to TTC and see what happens.  I do want my CD21 Progesterone checked because I was pregnant in December when it was last checked and I want a normal cycle to check it at and she said we could do that in Feb.  If that comes back in the normal range then we will continue to TTC without any medical intervention until we or if we hit the year mark in June.  I just feel this is the best route for me anyways.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Update on my CP

• Hang in there! You may never know what really happened and our bodies go rogue sometimes. I'm glad you are feeling better about thinks and taking some time to de-stress.
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @PoeMasque - true I may never know what happened.  It's just best to move on and look towards the future.  I was so happy to get back to arm balance yoga class tonight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker