September 2017 Moms

Long Distance Relationship

Fiance and I are in two different countries (US and Canada) and we both have kids already ( I have 1 and he has 3). I was planning on moving there already but now I feel like we have a timeline and I'm freaking out. Anybody in a similar situation ? 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
DS #1 [S-5]
3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
Baby #2 09/10/2017 
It's a BOY! 
Babywearer&EBF
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Long Distance Relationship

• Not this time around, but with my first pregnancy we were living in different countries.  I was in the US and DH was living in Colombia for work.  He moved back when I was 12 weeks pregnant.  I don't have a lot of advice, other than it would be ideal for you to be in the same place when the baby comes!  Plan ahead!
  • kaylaakosuakaylaakosua member
    edited January 2017
    That is the plan. Thinking of having the baby in Canada for financial reasons and baby will still get a US passport. It's the time in between baby is here. Did your DH carry guilt for not being there or did you have resentment? @Sprite2012

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• Loading the player...
  • We don't live apart, but we've been planning a big cross-country move, and I very much understand your panic at a tightening timeline. The original plan was to move in September, so that's not happening anymore. Instead we'all probably move in May or June. But there are about a thousand things to figure out between now and then, and four less months to figure them out. I'm trying very hard to not have panick attacks while pregnant, but this might push me over. (Even though the move is a fantastic thing for our family, and overall I'm actually really excited for it.)

• @kaylaakosua  Not at all, no guilt or resentment.  DS was a surprise, so we were both figuring it out as we could.  I was fine on my own with him away, and that didn't change throughout the pregnancy.  Having DS without him would have been a different story! But he had prior obligations he didn't want to walk away from in Colombia, so it was really just fine.
  • With DD1 my DH was working in TX while I was in CA still working. He flew home every few weeks and I planned ultrasounds around the trips and then he came home permanently around 32wks. 

After sge she was born I took three months off work, went back for five months and then we moved together to TX. SAHM now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • @Texafornian How awesome... I plan on moving there around October. Only thing slowing us down is custody battle I'm going through with DS1

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• @kaylaakosua to TX or CA?

**TW**
    Losses:
  • To Texas, I'm born and raised Canadian and looking forward to this being my last winter. @Texafornian

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF

• To Texas, I'm born and raised Canadian and looking forward to this being my last winter. @Texafornian
    Do you know where in TX?  
    My fam is French Canadian

**TW**
    Losses:
  • Austin @Texafornian . I love it there so much

DS #1 [S-5]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017