September 2017 Moms

Gender Predictions?

2»

Re: Gender Predictions?

• @jessieR358 what's the pencil test? I always thought that was the one to check how perky you are lmao...pencil beneath your boob...perky if it drops lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • The Chinese gender chart says boy and the Mayan chart says girl!  I'm getting strong boy feelings, but I had that too with my first and I had a beautiful girl!  We'll see :) I'll be doing the genetic testing as soon as I can, so I'll hopefully find out for sure sooner than later!  

It's fun to dream.  Have y'all started thinking names?
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sprite2012Sprite2012 member
    edited January 2017
    sableeg said:
    The Chinese gender chart says boy and the Mayan chart says girl!  I'm getting strong boy feelings, but I had that too with my first and I had a beautiful girl!  We'll see :) I'll be doing the genetic testing as soon as I can, so I'll hopefully find out for sure sooner than later!  

It's fun to dream.  Have y'all started thinking names?
    We have! We have 2 names picked for each sex, with a "top pick" for both. For a boy, he'll be Maxwell or Isaac. For a girl, she'll be Sofia or Claire. 

ETA: mobile bumping, half of what I wrote disappeared!
  • @Sprite2012 What beautiful names!  It took my hubs and I like 2 weeks to come up with our dog's name, haha!  We already had a boy name from my first, and we have some top contenders for a girl name.

My daughter's name was Ella and we've kind of tossed around including the letters of her name in this new LO's name.  What do y'all think?  Is that weird?
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg  I don't think that's weird at all.  People use names to honor passed loved ones (and living loved ones) all of the time.  DS's middle name is very much a family name, and this little one will be given a family name (either first or middle) that honors a loved one who has passed.  Using Ella's name is a way to honor this LO's sister, and I think that's a beautiful thing to do.
  • Thank you @Sprite2012! :kissing_heart:
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg absolutely not I think it's sweet you want to incorporate your sweet angels name with this little one's name. I agree with @Sprite2012 it is a beautiful way to honor her 
  • @sableeg I think that would be really nice! For a girl, there are so many Elle/Ella names, too. Isabella, Annabelle... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sableeg Love Laurel!!
  • This chart says I'm having a Boy. I wonder if it will be correct? With DD I did the chart and those gender predictions quizzes for fun and it was all correct with a girl. Always just fun to see.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Texafornian haha!! Yeah I've been nursing for 18 months, my breasts are not perky anymore. The pencil test involves a pencil, a needle and string. You wave it over your wrist and it will swing in different directions. One way means boy one way means girl. It is supposed to predict gender and number of children and order of birth. So mine said boy, girl, boy. 
  • https://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-prediction.php   This is the one I used for DD and it was right and this actually is telling me boy but the bump says girl. I guess I will get one of those options. 
  • Kimby883 said:
    https://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-prediction.php   This is the one I used for DD and it was right and this actually is telling me boy but the bump says girl. I guess I will get one of those options. 
    This link you just posted I get Girl and with the bump chart one it says Boy. Guess I will see.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kimby883 said:
    https://www.chinesegenderchart.info/gender-prediction.php   This is the one I used for DD and it was right and this actually is telling me boy but the bump says girl. I guess I will get one of those options. 
    This link you just posted I get Girl and with the bump chart one it says Boy. Guess I will see.
    I hate that it's opposite.. why is that? Do yall think the second one is more accurate than the bump based on prior experiences?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • There's an article on the homepage now about a study that found low blood pressure before conception means you'll have a girl, and higher blood pressure means you'll have a boy.

My BP hasn't climbed over 105/xx in 2 years.
  • The chart says I'm having a girl but it was wrong for my second baby so I don't take any stock in it. It's fun to see what it says though. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The gender chart was correct for both my son and daughter and my 5 nephews. It says we are having another boy, I hope it's right again! Would love another girl but my son NEEDS a brother haha. 

• The chart was wrong with my son it said girl and says we will be having another boy so we will see. I'm AMA so I'll be getting the early genetic screening and will know soon enough! 

@GhanimaAtreides I'm not sure I have any confidence in blood pressure either, as mine is always quite low and my first child was a boy!