September 2017 Moms
Options

Aversions?

So we have a discussion going for cravings, but are you having any foods you can't stand right now?

Because today I watched someone in a videoconference peel a banana from literally thousands of miles away and I thought I might die.

Re: Aversions?

• Options
    Two nights ago DH had a beer, and the small made me gag. I had a quinoa teriyaki bowl for dinner last night, which was delicious except for the carrots that I could not stomach. And this morning the smell of coffee made me dry heave. But those are the exceptions, because the rest of the time I'm starving. 

• Options
    Not yet. And doing some hardcore FX that I don't end up with my water aversion like I did last time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @carebella Oh god, that sounds terrible. I do have to be careful about how much water-- my stomach does not want to be full these days.
  • Options
    @MplsKate It was not awesome and lasted most of my pregnancy  :s  Arnold Palmers became my go to in order to stay hydrated. 
  • Options
    Not yet but last time I could not handle eggs of any kind (which are one of my favorite foods). I am hoping maybe this time I will hate junk food but I doubt it lol.
  • Options
    None yet, but with my first I couldn't stand the sight of eggs. Even thinking about them made me gag. Ugh. It was awful. I almost barfed at Perkins one time.
  • Options
    Nothing yet!  Last time I couldn't handle meat, especially fish.  I also couldn't stand the smell of coffee!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    I gagged preparing cinnamon raisin toast with butter for my kids... just thinking about it still bothers me.
  • Options
    Nothing yet, but it's way too early I think. Last pregnancy, I couldn't stomach (or even look at) leafy greens. Spinach dip, a nice crisp salad - forget it. My stomach would turn. 
  • Options
    I love pickles and their strong taste, it helps with nausea but unfortunately afterwords the after taste is terrible. It's very Metallicy and reminds me of sardines. 
  • Options
    I gagged when I was brushing my teeth this morning!  No specific aversions yet, but really strong smells tend to send me running back out the door.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Chicken. I just can't.

Today I tried to load the dishwasher and got a whiff of peanut butter that was left on a butter knife, gagged, walked away, then promptly assigned that chore to my husband for the next several months.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    I tried to eat pizza today and couldn't eat the cheese. I love cheese! Last pregnancy, the smell of pasta sauce made me throw up. Spaghetti is another favorite. I couldn't wait to eat it again once the baby was born. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @bayhunter6 ..Spaghetti is a staple in our household...but I just can't handle it right now!! I could smell it cooking from the bedroom....nope!!! I took 2 bites and that was all I could handle!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @wellhithen I had a huge bowl of pickles earlier and felt so much better from my nausea! Then like 30 min later I was like "I think I ate too many pickles" lol! 
  • Options
    Right @lap018 ?! They solve my problems for a minute! I need to figure out what to do about the after taste... but then again I tend to feel better while I'm eating and seem to over do it or immediately feel bad again!!! I'm hoping that after taste doesn't last but I usually can't eat pickles because of it when I'm pregnant!
  • Options
    Ugh.  I am averted to it all it feels like.  We made chili yesterday and by the time it was ready to eat the thought of it had my stomach turning!  The thought of pretty much anything right now doesn't sound appealing.  I'm trying to keep eating small meals, but nothing sounds good and when I settle on something my stomach starts turning.  
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I ate so many bacon and egg breakfast burritos at work every day I literally made myself sick. Every single day for like two weeks I ate one and then one day boom I take a big bit of egg and just lose it. I'm already gaggy thinking of eggs at this point. Also strong perfumes make me gag.