Pregnant after a Loss

Miserable

I don't know what I'm looking for; just need a place to let it out...

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. My 2nd child past away shortly after birth - that pregnancy was emotional in itself knowing that we wouldn't have long with her.  We got pregnant 4 moths after we lost her, and in retrospect it was too soon.  This pregnancy is going well, feeling ok and such - baby is healthy.  I am just tired.  I'm over it.  I'm tired of being pregnant, I'm tired of people asking me questions - mentally exhausted.  My husband is traveling next week, so I will be doing the single mama thing.  And just got the call last night, that my Glucose Screening Test came back elevated, so now I have to do the 3 hour.  I am grateful that my baby is healthy, but I'm tired of going to the doctors - I'm tired of having to rearrange my schedule, and take time off work.  Not to mention doctors apt's are now every two weeks (this seems early..and I don't want to!); also have to schedule another ultrasound.

Blah.
DS1 - 9/18/12
DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

Re: Miserable

• HGRichHGRich member
    edited January 2017
    Hey there. Sorry you're having a miserable time. And I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're having a healthy pregnancy this time around, but I get it. I see you're 26 weeks, and so am I. That means you could pop on to the April 2017 birth month club with me if you'd like to talk to other moms. That might give you a sense of community. Though of course not all of them over there understand loss, so I'm glad you reached out here. Is there any way you could take a few days for yourself? Even unpaid leave might help, even if you prefer not to lose the money. You might see about a prenatal massage or doing some shopping for fun or for baby. Alternately, if you're feeling really down, I'd encourage you to reach out for some help, maybe some counseling. Especially with what you've gone through in the last year. Based on your timeline, it's soon to be the time you lost your little one after birth, so I'm sure you're feeling that too. There's nothing wrong with talking things through with a therapist, so please do so if you need to. I've done it myself and I'm thinking of scheduling another appointment soon too. 

I'll be thinking of you. Feel free to talk as much as you need to. 
  • @lady_1981 while I haven't been through the heartache you have had, I certainly understand the over it and fed up feelings. Sounds like you've had a long and stressful road. I totally agree with reaching out and speaking to a counselor. I did for my losses and throughout the beginning of this pregnancy and it helped a lot. 
    I was just diagnosed with GD the other day! I had to take the 3-hour twice, it really wasn't that bad for me to be honest. If they don't have a compfy place for you to sit go sit in your car! I brought some things to keep me busy, a blanket and a pillow. I reclined my seat and ahhhh. 
    I hope you are having a better day today!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks girls.  Think I was just having a bad day; feeling much better today after venting here and with a girlfriend.  
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• @Lady_1981 no problem. Sometimes that's all you need!  :)