October 2016 Moms

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 01.10.17

• Options
    My hormones are a real TW these days. The acne, facial hair(I feel like Teen Wolf), falling out hair, and my personal favorite: night sweats. I don't remember it being this bad after DS1 and I've never had night sweats until now. Y'all it's the worst. I feel like I'm menopausal or something 
  • Options
    @christinab0722 I know what you mean! Postpartum acne has been ridiculous this time around. I hoped that my BC would help, but it hasn't yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @christinab0722 @ball4768 I have mostly gotten over the night sweats, but the hair... Oh god the hair...
  • Options
    Dairy is a TW. It is in absolutely everything. I accidentally eat it every day. I don't think I can go dairy free. Nashville wbeurhing that H brought home from the market has dairy in it, even the chips!!  I guess all I can eat is meat and veggies just to make sure there is no dairy in it. 
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 I couldn't agree more, it's everywhere! It's in McDonalds fries. WTAF! I have had to carefully plan my meals, but the silver lining is that I'm making healthier food choices as a result. I had to eliminate tomatoes from my diet as well, so most fast food is out. I can eat Asian food, but not Mexican or Italian food. Maybe we should start a meal plan thread where we can share recipes?
  • Options
    ball4768 said:
    @Ladybug2821 I couldn't agree more, it's everywhere! It's in McDonalds fries. WTAF! I have had to carefully plan my meals, but the silver lining is that I'm making healthier food choices as a result. I had to eliminate tomatoes from my diet as well, so most fast food is out. I can eat Asian food, but not Mexican or Italian food. Maybe we should start a meal plan thread where we can share recipes?
    That's a great idea but I have to admit, H has been doing most of the "cooking". I'm going to have to do something though. It's so frustrating because I'll think of the basic things that have milk but then I'll eat something like chicken tenders and I'm like crap, the breading probably has milk in it  :s.  I also heard that some of the Starbucks syrups have dairy so even if you get soy milk you can potentially still be consuming dairy. 
  • Options
    I feel for you poor ladies =( 
  • Options
    ball4768ball4768 member
    edited January 2017
    @Ladybug2821 Here's a recipe that I make every Sunday and eat on the entire week. Get dairy-free mini chocolate chips, like the Enjoy Life brand. These are supposed to help with milk supply, although I'm not really sure that they give me that much of a boost. But they are really tasty!
    https://www.icanteachmychild.com/booby-bites-energy-snack-for-nursing-moms-everyone-else/

ETA: A typical day for me looks like this:
    B: oatmeal
    L: tuna salad with crackers (most mayo is dairy-free) or tortilla chips and hummus with apple slices
    D: Stir fry, spaghetti (I don't get to eat spaghetti sauce, but I manage), or some sort of meat and veg combo. 
    S: booby bites  :)
    I found soy creamer for my coffee and a cold brew with almondmilk from Califia Farms that I like. 
  • Options
    I will definitely need to make those booby bites. This is what I'm working with (most of my meals are quick and easy things that H can throw in the oven unfortunately, these are things that are cooked):

B: oatmeal
    L: pulled pork with broccoli (basically whatever is left over from dinner)
    D: spaghetti, some type of pulled chicken, marinated chicken breasts, some type of veggie

I really don't get much opportunity to cook anymore so my meals are definitely lacking. But tuna is actually a great idea. I need to make a big batch of that so I can eat it for a few meals. 

I saw that creamer at target but I was cheap and bought the So Delicious vanilla coconut milk thinking it would work as good but no, it's def not as good as a creamer.