August 2017 Moms
Options

*GTKY* Workouts?

2»

Re: *GTKY* Workouts?

• Options
    My 1st pregnancy with my son I was still doing Crossfit & Pure Barre well into 31 weeks, then I got tired and stopped ahaha.

This 2nd pregnancy I was doing Pure Barre & I also have an indoor Peloton spin bike to live stream classes from home. I haven't exercised in like 1.5-2 weeks because the exhaustion and severe nausea are beating me up throughout the day. This pregnancy has been more tough on my body this time around than with my son. All I want to do is sleep and not eat.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18 I also do 21 day fix.  I try for 3-4 days a week because I've been pretty tired this first trimester.  I ran my last pregnancy and did some random prenatal exercises.  I was wondering what modifications you will do for the ab exercises when it won't be "safe" to be on our backs anymore.  Almost all of the program has a section where we are on our backs.  Will you just plank and side plank?  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sgrant432 I will probably do planks and some other safe an exercises that I've read about.  I also found a pretty helpful website that went through pregnancy modifications for a lot of the 21DF exercises.  I started using my resistance band to do some other arm exercises since a decent amount of Upper Fix is spent lying down.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @BamaBabyno1 My doc said he just worried about the "intensity and extremeness" of CrossFit. I laughed and told him he must have watched some of the videos that go viral of stupid people doing stupid things, and then calling it CrossFit. 

I promised him that I wouldn't do anything to pur me or my baby in danger, that I would listen to my body, take breaks as needed, etc. 

He did laugh at my last appointment when he asked how my workouts were going and I had to tell him that's working out was the LAST thing I'd felt like doing. He told me 2nd tri would be better. 

My nausea is getting better and my weird aversions are going away, so I am going to try to start eating better and exercising consistently again. 

Where do you CrossFit?
  • Options
    I got the "how to have your best pregnancy" book and was astounded to realize planks aren't good- if you don't want to split your abs. Side planks, fine. Ab exercises that have you sitting or standing up, fine. But the book says that if you plank, your organs- due to gravity- press against all your ab muscles, which can lead to stretching and the split. Maybe we're ok now because we're still so early, there's not much additional for gravity to take hold of. But I suppose as my stomach gets bigger I'll stop with the regular planking. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kathryn0903 I started going to prenatal yoga at just over 8 weeks. The other ladies were further along but it's been good to learn the modifications I'll need for regular yoga and other fitness activities I'm still doing. The only thing I feel like it's a bit early for is some of the modifications done instead of lying on your back, but we're close to needing to do that anyways (they usually say once you start your 2nd tri). Since this class is only once a week, I'm glad to start earlier so I can take full advantage of all the exercises that are supposed to help with labor & delivery plus recovery post partum.

Let us know how your class goes this week!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @MetsGirl18 thanks!  Do you mind sharing the site for modifications?  
  • Options
    @kvh22 just got back from my prenatal fitness class and let me say it is a workout. It was interesting as I exercise normally, but mainly only on a stationary bike or elliptical. Class did some cardio(lunges, power walking, knee lifts, etc) along with some weights and some stretching done sitting on a chair. Didn't realize how much of a workout it would be, but I think it will be good for me. It was little strange for me being this early on and not showing when everyone else is due in the next 2 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sgrant432 The website is baileysbootybusters.blogspot.com.  I had googled 21day fix pregnancy modifications and it was one of the first sites to come up.  Kind of silly name, but the advice was helpful.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @MetsGirl18
    Thanks so much!  

• Options
    I'm resurrecting this workout thread. 

How is everyone doing??

I'll confess, I had a mini freakout this weekend when I tried on my swimsuits for our upcoming babymoon. My butt is not the same shape it was before. I can handle my stomach growing, the boobs growing is great, but I really want to keep my legs, butt, and arms at their normal size and tone. It doesn't help that everything I crave is sweet and junky. 

I've also been upset how my endurance is totally gone. The treadmill numbers are mocking me. After the butt freakout I decided to do my cardio on the stair-master. Also considering signing up for the barre class and taking it easy (as the only other time I took the class pre-pregnancy I wanted to die- so it's a great class). I walk every day just by virtue of my commute but I'm going to try even just walking more- subbing out post-dinner TV for walks around the neighborhood. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AdvoCyndi30AdvoCyndi30 member
    edited February 2017
    @DeansGirl14 I'm still managing to squeeze in 2-3 workouts a week, but they aren't pretty and they aren't nearly the intensity that I am used to! Haha! 

I was doing a lift I have done a thousand times and missed it and had to "bail", which is totally common, but the proper way to bail is to push the barbell in front of you and fall backward on your butt. I did a perfect bail, but it scared the poo outta me! I definitely cut back on the weight I am lifting and the movements I do.

Right now the CrossFit Open is going on, and this will be the first time in 4 years I haven't participated. The first workout is 35# dumbbell snatches, which I can do, and burpee box jump overs. I can still do box jumps, but I can't throw myself down on the ground for burpees like I used to. The movements will just get more intense, so I am gracefully bowing out this year. 

My husband, his uncle, and my brother are all doing it, so I'll just cheer them on and join in on what I can. 

We just bought an assault bike, so I'm excited about that! I can definitely get in some crazy cardio and a GREAT leg workout with that! It's a stationary bike...but I don't know how to explain the burn. It isn't anything like a normal stationary bike. It's like a devil bike...in the best and worst way possible! Lol!
  • Options
    Reading these made me feel like I'm such a slacker!! I don't exercise. Like ever, really. The last two days I've been deep cleaning the new house we're moving into and today I feel like I ran a marathon. 

I used to be a swimmer. And until DD was about 6 months we lived in NY and walked everywhere. Since moving, I work 6 days a week and am gone almost 12 hours a day and just don't have the time. I have downloaded yoga and workout apps and I'll stick to it for about a week then I quit. I'm a joke. Lol. 
  • Options
    Glad i'm not the only one who is slacking!  I tell myself every Monday this is the week to get back to it.  I'll work out Monday or Tuesday and that's it for the week.  I just am tired after working all day and then keeping after a 16 month old for a few hours after we get home.  After 7pm I'm ready to sit and watch a little tv and by 8:30 or 9 I'm ready to go to bed!  
    With my first, I was running up until about 24 weeks, even doing a 5k and continued to do some light prenatal exercises until the end.  I started this pregnancy weighing more than last time although I haven't gained as much so far, I'm waiting for it to catch up with me.  I had a very smooth delivery and recovery and just am worried if I don't get my ass in gear this time, L&D won't be as smooth.
  • Options
    I ran my half yesterday! (15w1d) And it hurt my bladder/lower abdomen the entire time. I did it in 2:05 and my pre-preg PR is 1:45, so much slower. As much as I have so many halves I want to do this spring I will not be signing up for another. I think I actually need to google "depends for pregnant runners". Sigh. 

On a positive note my girls are so excited to start walking around town with me as the runs gradually turn into walks and I know my body is begging for more yoga.

@happylifex3 cleaning is a great workout and it is actually productive (as opposed to running in circles)! As much as we need a cleaner since our house is practically a daycare and I work full time my husband is cheap and I secretly love cleaning and think it is good exercise...

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    Great race @donehue !  "A for effort" and dealing with the pain. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 thanks :) I would love to have more regular check-ins on here as it really helps to keep me honest for anything non running related. I have to try on my bathing suit for vacay soon and I'm sure I'm not going to like it... 

my goal this week is 30 minutes of yoga one day and lots of cleaning while DH is out of town. Baby steps!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    @donehue absolutely AMAZING! Good for you lady. I am so impressed! 

Im still just doing my Jillian Michaels yoga DVD about 3 times a week. I plan to do nightly walks once it warms up here. Other than that I'm pretty much off the workout wagon. I need to start fitting in squats and lunges when I can because I always gain the most in my legs when pregnant, but the couch is just so much more fun. Lol 
  • Options
    @donehue and @DeansGirl14 I know that when this board first started, there was a weekly thread for this, Exercise/Fitness Check-In and britvahok was the one who said she could start it, but I dont think there was a lot of participation, so feel free to check with her, and create a check-in.  I bet now that we are in the second tri (most of us), we could all use a checkin. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @littlebug2010 Thanks! @donehue and @DeansGirl14 I will start one now; there was little participation in the beginning but that's probably cause we were all puking and exhausted in the 1st tri
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    @britvahok Didnt mean to call you out! Hope the new thread is more helpful than it was last time around! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy!