July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 1/9

13»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 1/9

• Options
    LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited January 2017
    My OB asked me today if I had felt anything yet and I said maybe just once t 14w4d and she said that's normal that it can be very infrequent at first. It definitely felt like a fish flop! Lol
    This keeps happening to me. Right in the place where the baby is(I know because they do heartbeat Doppler and untrasound) I'm 15 weeks Monday. I feel strong jolts. Doctor said it was baby for sure. 

Eta by 'keeps happening' it's been a few times in the last few days. 
  • Options
    I'm actually really excited to start feeling some kicks. The placement of my placenta from DS made it so I didn't feel kicks until about 28 weeks which is why my Dr suggested we buy a fetal Doppler so we could have the reassurance since I didn't feel anything! So when I had my u/s the tech said I should start feeling it around 15 weeks.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta last time and at 25 weeks I still wasn't sure I had felt much of anything. I am really hoping to feel things sooner this time around.  

For ladies with anterior placentas, how many weeks were you when you found out about it?  I asked at my 12 week scan and the tech said it didn't make sense to say because it was too early and that the placenta would likely move and settle into another position over the next few weeks anyway.  (It was still over the cervix.). So he said I should wait on the 20 week scan.  
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama It was 22 weeks with DS because of the anterior placenta.  It was also so intermittent that I/they got nervous and did an emergency ultrasound at some point to make sure everything was ok, since I wasn't feeling movement.
  • Options
    @caribbeanmama I had an anterior placenta last time and have on this pregnancy.  Both were noted on the NT scan.  I was kind of bummed this time around because I was hoping to feel this baby more so I asked the Dr last appointment if it would move.  She said highly unlikely that it will move from the front to the back.  Low lying is different because it's moving up as your uterus grows.  
  • Options
    @ams512 I know that I was just clarifying why my dr said the anterior probably wouldn't go posterior vs her tech saying that her placenta over the cervix would likely move.  
  • Options
    @abmommy15 makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying - now I wish I had pressed a bit more because I asked him specifically about an anterior placenta and I guess he either couldn't tell or just misunderstood and didn't answer my question.