edited January 2017 in September 2017 Moms

Chatter away about all things random!
Me: 29 & DH: 33
Married: May 2009
ttc #1 since October 2015
BFP: 3/8 - CP

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/9 - 1/15

• Options
    Am I the only person who gets knocked out when taking Zyrtec? That sh!t is like a horse tranquilizer to me! I took HALF of one Saturday night and spent the entire next day literally in a zombie fog. My mom takes on every day before work and I just don't see how? 
  • Options
    @lap018 Wow... I haven't taken them since the Spring, but I used to take one daily and they never made me drowsy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lap018 thankfully no!  I survive on Zyrtec and Flonase.  I'm allergic to Texas :)  I used to be able to get off allergy medicine during the winter in Chicago, but not here!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 and @sableeg I don't know what the deal is with it but it always happens when I take Zyrtec, it's the strangest thing! I took it because I have a condition called chronic rhinitis so it's like I have allergies all year long without actually being allergic to anything (fun right?) so sometimes Zyrtec works but usually only sudafed works but my OB doesn't let me take sudafed when pregnant, so I tried the Zyrtec and it knocked me on my rear! 
  • Options
    Hmmm @lap018 maybe I have that chronic rhinitis...do you see an allergist?
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @sableeg I saw an allergist  and had allergy testing done and they told me I have no allergies so then went to see an ENT who told me I had it, then prescribed me a bronchodilator in a nasal spray (usually used for asthma inhalers) (atrovent)  and it worked wonders! But what helped me acutely was always doing a short course of steroids but it always came back until I got this nasal spray 
  • Options
    @lap018 Thank you for sharing!  I have been thinking of scheduling an appointment with an allergist for some testing to see.  I am miserable!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @lap018 I took zyrtec until about a year ago when I randomly developed the lethargy you're talking about. I can't keep my eyes open when I take it at all! 

Speaking of things that affect your oddly, does anyone else feel like caffeine is affecting them differently than usual? I had my one small cup of coffee both Saturday and Sunday, and I couldn't concentrate, and I felt really weird. It was like suddenly having ADHD, and the same happened this morning. It's frustrating, because I'm so tired, but caffeine seems like a bad idea!  

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @sableeg  I went to an allergist a few years ago and it is not an exaggeration to say it changed my life. He specially mixed drops specific to my allergies and it was an amazing difference... I haven't even used the drops in probably a year, and my allergies are still better than they used to be. I was getting sinus infections caused by allergies at least once a month... it was miserable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 That gives me hope!  I'm going to talk to my doctor about seeing an allergist while pregnant, but I've just been so miserable without much relief that I'm hoping I can start the process!  And now, I can't have the healing powers of NyQuil and DayQuil to help me through! :smile: You have given me hope!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @lap018 do you have any other symptoms like itchy throat? I had the same excessive sleepiness and itchiness and my dr told me I was allergic to it and to stop taking it. :-/ hope that's not the case for you!

• Options
    @lap018 do you have any other symptoms like itchy throat? I had the same excessive sleepiness and itchiness and my dr told me I was allergic to it and to stop taking it. :-/ hope that's not the case for you!
    Wow! I had never thought of that, I don't have an itchy throat when I take it but maybe the lethargy alone is a big enough sign, I only take it when I need a good nights sleep lol 
  • Options
    I just don't see how all you Northerner type people survive Winter. It is almost 50 degrees today, I am inside, and I am freezing. Seriously... are y'all cold all the time? Just get used to it? Not as whimpy as me? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sableeg said:
    @lap018 thankfully no!  I survive on Zyrtec and Flonase.  I'm allergic to Texas :)  I used to be able to get off allergy medicine during the winter in Chicago, but not here!
    Are we allowed to use Flonase now?  I stopped the other day because I read its Class C, but maybe what I read was outdated info.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 its warm here in Chicago today, in the 40s!!!!  Supposed to be between 30-40's the next 10 days here... I wish my skin would get the memo, its sooooo dry I feel like I could swim in a kiddie pool of Lubriderm for dayyys.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SugarRush said:
    Are we allowed to use Flonase now?  I stopped the other day because I read its Class C, but maybe what I read was outdated info.
    My OB ok'd it during my last pregnancy. I had sinus surgery about 5 years ago and need it for maintenance. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    My OB ok'd it during my last pregnancy as well.  It's even on a list of "OK" medicines to take.  I try not to take it if I don't need it, but with weird tree pollen (cedar mountain) blowing in I'm dying!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    @SugarRush I'm so jealous you live in Chicago.  I grew up there and moved to Texas about 3 years ago.  I'm SO homesick.  I had a brief layover at O'Hare a few months ago and I almost didn't board the plane!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Any good book recommendations? Once upon a time I used to read a lot... not sure what happened to me, but hoping a really good book would pull me back into it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 you need to read The Art of Racing in The Rain by Garth Stein, so good! I also really like this series by Darynda Jones, the first book is called the first grave on the right. It's kind of sci fi ish... she sees dead people. But it's so good!
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I'm reading The Moor's Account by Laila Lalami. It's a historical fiction, and so far I love it.  What kind of genres do you like to read? I read about a hundred books a year, and I love giving out recommendations!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @amandarene112 A few years ago I was reading all the time and logging my books in Goodreads... I read about 100 books the last year I actually did it. I don't know why I stopped, but I haven't finished a book in months.

I love good historical fiction... the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon is one of my favorites. I'll read almost anything if it's good... chic lit, romance, young adult, mystery (as long as it isn't  scary, lol) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love all the dark twisty ones and I love Jodi Picoult.  I recently read all of Mary Kubica's books and I LOVED them!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    I just moved to vegas from a small Utah freezing town and I swear 40 degrees is colder here than there.
  • Options
    I just don't see how all you Northerner type people survive Winter. It is almost 50 degrees today, I am inside, and I am freezing. Seriously... are y'all cold all the time? Just get used to it? Not as whimpy as me? 
    I'm from the northeast so it gets cold but not terrible. You definitely get used to it, but I'm still freezing all of the time, especially with this PG. On my way to work on Monday it was 10 degrees and so windy and we had about 6 in of snow on the ground! I covered my face with a scarf for my walk from my car to my office. Like I said not as cold as the most northern parts but we still get a pretty cold winter. but I love it, love the snow!
  • Options
    @sableeg how are you liking it there? What part did you move to?  My parents and brother live in the Dallas area, our family moved there in 2000 but I can right back up north two years later (born and raised here in Chicago!). I do love Texas, but i'm a northern girl at heart!  We were just there over Christmas enjoying the brief 80 degree weather :)  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lap018 I am the same way!!  I only take zyrtec at night because it knocks me out but the next day I usually spend the whole day in a fog. 

@HollyGolightly09 I live in Northern NY and I am freezing all the time.  I moved south to go to college and never planned to move back north but the Army had other plans for us... I can't wait to move south again one day!

My random for this week is just that I want cake!!! I'm doing a whole30 so no sugar, gluten, dairy, etc and I'm dying for some cake!!
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We live in the snow belt and it's been brutal the last couple weeks! We have a trip to Orlando booked for next month. I'm looking forward to lazing by the pool and we're going to go to Legoland. Seems so far away now, especially since it's so cold up here! Damn Canadian winters!

Any tips on stuff to do? We're avoiding Disney this trip. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Concentration level 0. Not able to concentrate at work at all. 4wks 4days. I am just so obsessed with the fact that I am pregnant, that all other subjects are kind of falling to the side... 
  • Options
    It was 80 degrees here yesterday (Dallas). 80!!  We had snow 5 days ago!!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 We're headed for those temps here, even though my school was delayed Monday due to ice. We (Alabama) often get the weather Texas passes along, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited January 2017
    @HollyGolightly09 I LOVE Outlander! A few other good Historical Fictions: One Thousand White Women by Jim Ferguson, and The Tiger Queens: The Women of Genghis Kahn by Stephanie Thornton.

For non-scary mysteries, I highly recommend the Flavia de Luce series by Alan Bradley. I think the first book is called The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. Flavia is an 11 year-old girl who lives in rural England and wants to be a chemist. She's darling, and the stories are fun, but not scary.  

I also love- and probably read too much of- young adult literature. My favorites I read last year were The Rave Cycle by Maggie Steifvater, My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. 

My favorite book from last year was The Paper Menagerie by Ken Liu. It's a book short stories, and each had an element of magical realism or fantasy or science fiction, and I don't think there was abad story in the lot. 

Ok...I probably went overboard. :grimace: But I hope you find something to read soon!

• Options
    I have to leave in an hour for my first class of the semester, the struggle is real.  Class is 6-9pm, hopefully I survive, im normally in bed at 730 and asleep by 815! 

How am I going to last 15 weeks?! 

• Options
    Planning a wedding is hard. I feel like I haven't been as active on here the last few days.  :/
    Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can I just say that I'm so happy Lularoe leggings and outfits are popular? I went on a buying spree once I discovered them (plus they're the only thing so far that is actually flattering to my body type...my MIL & both SIL'S are also addicts) and I'm just giggling up a storm at not having to shell out a ton of money for a maternity wardrobe!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @HollyGolightly09 I need to read The Outlander series!! I received some BN gift cards for Christmas and I plan on using them for it. As for recommendations, it's old, but A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is my favorite book, if you've never read it. 

March 2016 Moms: January Siggy Challenge "Pregnancy Problems"
  • Options
    RANT: all I've wanted for 2 whole days is homemade chicken noodle soup.  Well I made it today and I took my time and made a really good batch.... took one bite it's disgusting! My husband can't get enough of it so I know it's just me. I'm so disappointed and now all I want is ice cream and chips with guacamole 
  • Options
    SugarRush said:
    @sableeg how are you liking it there? What part did you move to?  My parents and brother live in the Dallas area, our family moved there in 2000 but I can right back up north two years later (born and raised here in Chicago!). I do love Texas, but i'm a northern girl at heart!  We were just there over Christmas enjoying the brief 80 degree weather :)  
    I like it, but I am SO homesick.  I miss Chicago culture, Chicago drivers, and even (some of) the winter!  We live north of DFW, in Flower Mound.  It's a nice suburb, very similar to the western 'burbs.  I have learned that I'm truly a northern/midwestern girl myself!  It sounds like you know exactly what I'm talking about since you got back home as quick as you could.  ;) I can't wait to get back home for good!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    Can I just say that I'm so happy Lularoe leggings and outfits are popular? I went on a buying spree once I discovered them (plus they're the only thing so far that is actually flattering to my body type...my MIL & both SIL'S are also addicts) and I'm just giggling up a storm at not having to shell out a ton of money for a maternity wardrobe!
    Yes, this is me too! After I started a new job last summer that lets me work from home, I traded in all my work clothes for comfy Lularoe clothes and now I'm all set on my maternity wardrobe, too. Love it!
    January Siggy Challenge: Winter where you live

Image result for i saw a snowflake memeImage result for sorry folks tennessee is closedImage result for winter is coming wait no its not meme

10/2014 - Started TTC #1
    8/2015-Clomid with TI - BFN
    9/2015 - Clomid with IUI #1 - BFN
    10/2015 - Clomid with IUI #2 - BFN
    11/2015 - Clomid with IUI #3 - BFN
    1/2016 - Gonal-F with IUI #1 - BFN
    7/2016 - Laparoscopic surgery - stage 1 endo removed
    9/2016 - Gonal-F with IUI #2 - BFN
    10/2016 - Gonal-F with IUI #3 -BFN. Diagnosed with elevated anti-sperm antibodies.
    12/12/16 - Egg retrieval w/ICSI - 4 5-day embryos (2 grade A, 2 grade B.)
    12/17/16 - Fresh transfer of one embryo; 12/27 beta = 141; 12/29 beta= 285. EDD 9/4/17 - MC 1/26/17

• Options
    @sableeg um... do I know you IRL.. cuz seriously... I live there. I went to high school there. This is weird!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: