March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 9!

Happy Monday, Mamas!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications you want to share?
?

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: Favorite winter activity(ies)? other things you enjoy during the chilly season?
?

8: challenge chatter--->  Day 22 today! (Last week!) majorly modify as much as needed!!

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Jan 9!

• 1: How far along are you
    ? 30 weeks + 2 days

? Want to get moving again in general. Would like to aim for 4 days of activity. Got a small body weight workout in this morning and will walk the dog this afternoon. 

3: How was last week? CRAP! Was sick from New Year's Eve, then started feeling better Thursday, so I did a yoga class. Then from Friday was sick again. Today is the first day I feel halfway decent, but my voice is still gone (have had no voice the last four days). 

? Just slowing down because I'm getting out of breath more easily. 

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! I've just been sleeping and resting. I think getting moving again will be my treat!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I just feel like I've been so inactive the last 4 weeks or so. I'm so frustrated!! And energy levels have been really low. Idk if it's from sickness, pregnancy, or lack of exercise, or all 3. But I just want to get moving again!!! On the plus side, got the crib and chair yesterday for the nursery!

7: GTKY: Favorite winter activity(ies)? other things you enjoy during the chilly season?
    ? it doesn't really get SUPER chilly here. At least it's never below freezing. So I can do all the same things really. But I do love all the festivities and catch ups that end up happening over Christmas.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1: How far along are you
    ? 29 weeks tomorrow. Inching so very close to 30w... this is crazy!

? 4 workouts. We are going to be staying in Providence for a few nights later this week to attend a conference relating to the business we own (oyster farm) so depending on the weather I may nor may not be able to get out for a run. I also just need to stay positive because I can feel myself slipping towards negativity and I need to keep it at bay! I have my bag to workout at lunch today, need to make it happen!

3: How was last week? Terrible! I'm trying oh so very hard to not be too hard on myself, but I only got 2 workouts in total. I had a bad workout at crossfit on Monday, then getting back to work swallowed up my time. Truthfully, I could have made time to workout at lunch if I planned better, but I just didn't. Saturday I went to a spin class that I loved, and then Sunday I would have loved to run but there is so much snow now the roads are too narrow. Again could have worked out inside but just didn't. 

? Same as last week, sort of questioning how long I can continue to crossfit. Just watching the WODs that the coach posts before class, and will try to go if they seem do-able with good scaling options. The addition of the spin class is good though. 

! I had a bit shy of 1/2 a glass of red wine on Saturday night and I loved every sip of it. I wasn't a big drinker pre-pregnancy, but I do very much miss relaxing with a glass of wine at this point!! Thinking of getting my hair done for a little treat in the next couple weeks. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Rant: My restless leg thing last night was really bad. It's been bad all week, but seems like the less I workout, the more it flares up. I was even keeping DH up last night so he massaged my calves and that seemed to help a bit. At least I was able to fall asleep after that. 

? I used to run all winter, but too afraid of falling on ice, or getting too cold while there is snow on the ground right now. I am not a skiier or snowboarder, never much liked any of that (even though at one time I lived in VT and even worked for a snowboarding company haha) but I do like getting out for a chilly scenic run, or going for a wintery "hike". Quotations needed because I'm a coastal flatlander now. 

8: challenge chatter--->  Day 22 today! (Last week!) majorly modify as much as needed!! This is getting intense! And I even forgot a bunch of days! But too close now to quit! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1: How far along are you? 29+5 but measuring ahead of schedule

? I plan to get my 3 workouts in the morning during the work week and at least one over the weekend.

3: How was last week? Rough. I was sick and the kids were sick again too. I still did my morning walks but seriously low on energy.

? Well there has been NO running but I would really like to get a treadmill & weights for the house for post baby.

! I have been trying to rest when I feel tired....not push it until I feel sick. (Not during workouts. During like my normal day.)

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Between my nov and dec apt I pout on 6 pounds. Went to the hospital this past Friday and put on yet another pound! I am really frustrated.

? Its never cold in Fl but its been chilly the last two days. I love being able to leave the windows open.

• @npaulie so sorry you had a rough week with sickness - I hope this one brings full recovery and energy! Love your nursery pieces! We have grey too :) 

@jenny0228 hope you can get your workout in, and get an increase in positivity this week! It's especially hard in the winter when you love running as a workout and are limited by the conditions-spin sounds like an awesome addition though! 

1: How far along are you? 34weeks! Seems like we JUST checked in here-time flew!?

? 3workout goal - push for four 

3: How was last week? Got 4 workouts in with my goal of 3! Pretty much done with my sugar elimination and letting myself eat whatever I want (within reason) because I'm having such a hard time keeping my bloodsugar up and energy levels full. 

4: Any new challenges or needed modifications?
    ?  As said above--needing to modify my diet.  NEED to constantly be eating or I'm either passing out, dizzy, or nauseated. Fun, fun, fun ;)  physical/mental challenge of ramped up anxiety--should probably start working some more yoga and stretching into my days instead of the higher intensity that I prefer.

! Continued weekly Epsom salt baths, started daily red Raspberry leaf tea, no big treats this week... planning go get a pedicure in the next few weeks though to relax AND as it gets more difficult to reach my feet!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Rant. Cannot wait to have my body back. I'm so tired of feeling weak and sickly!!
    DH changed his mind again about baby name. Hah. I've changed my mind twice in past months too. We're so indecisive!! He is now calling baby/belly Claire - and I'm calling her Natalie... guess we'll see what we think should stick when we meet her!
    Overall feeling like this baby thing is still so so far away--but I know it's really right around the corner. Idk when it'll hit me. Or if it ever will!? only 27days!?!? till 38 weeks hits and then baby watch will start!

7: GTKY:
    ? I usually really love ice skating--but that's not too safe pregnant, and enjoy snowshoeing for exercise/way to get outside - last winter I wore DD on my back to go, but this year the bump is in the way! Boo!  In general I just can't wait for winter to be over!

8: challenge chatter--->  Day 22. Not gonna lie-not enjoying these! Missed a few days last week. Doing one minute at a time.  Looking forward to moving onto squats ((thinking that will also be a good one as we start to think about labor!)) 
  • 1: How far along are you? 29 weeks tomorrow!

? 3 "workouts" ...I was going to do a yoga video this morning but I just spent 30 minutes walking my dog without my support belt on, and having him pull me around in the snow was a bit much. Not gonna lie, I cried after we came back inside because I just can't keep up like I used to and I'm just feeling weak/in pain lately, so I'm just going to do the wall sit and call it a day as far as physical activity. 

3: How was last week? I feel like all my weeks anymore are just so-so for meeting my goals. I did meet all the goals I set out for myself last week but they weren't very ambitious so I don't feel like I did that much.

? Everything needs to be modified now, no more cardio workouts or doing much without wearing my support belt...that thing definitely helps!

! I got a $10 rewards promo for BRU delivered to my inbox this morning so I treated myself by buying 2 little things online off my registry that were both discounted :)

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?  Rave: our invites went out last week for the shower and a few items have already been purchased off our Amazon registry, I'm super excited!! Rant: I miss working out like I used to, I miss running, I miss sex, I miss feeling strong, I miss sleep, I miss feeling like I could get through the day without tums/feeling like I'm going to puke every 15 minutes....3rd trimester is WAY worse than 1st for me, and I'm only at the beginning of it :( 

? Ugh I hate winter. I think the snow here on top of the above stuff has got me in a sour mood lol now that the days have started to get a wee bit longer though I look forward to that, knowing warmer days will (eventually) be coming!

8: challenge chatter--->  Day 22 today! (Last week!) majorly modify as much as needed!! Yep, modifying these for sure! I did 3 full minutes yesterday without a break, I'll see if I can do it again today or I might split it up into a couple smaller segments.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ive put on 18 pounds already -30 weeks on Wednesday

Is anyone else in this boat??

• edited January 2017
    Good morning my lovely ladies!! So happy to be on here today to catch up with everyone! Last week was a real challenge!

1: How far along are you
    ? 31 weeks & 4 days

? To do something!!! Haha.... Ok, to be more specific:
    MON: Rest Day
    TUES: Cardio / Upper Body
    WED: CrossFit (hopefully!)
    THURS: Cardio / Lower Body
    FRI: Rest Day
    SAT: Cardio / Upper Body

3: How was last week? Absolutely terrible. I didn't work out a single day. Like many of you have said previously, third trimester has been a real challenge for me too. I am soooooooooo exhausted... yet can't seem to get a good night's sleep. Waking up in the a.m. is the hardest thing to do :(

? Just dealing with this new wave of exhaustion that has hit :(

! I've got my eyelash appt this week and am looking forward to FINALLY getting that pregnancy massage next week!! YAY!!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Ugh, where to begin, LOL... Definitely my biggest rant is the distance (physical / emotional) between me and Hubby. It sucks. We talk about it a lot, but it doesn't seem to "fix" anything. I just want my Hubby back (and he says the same thing..... he just wants his Wifey back). Truthfully, was not prepared for these changes. It's really bumming me out :(

? I'm such a homebody. I love just curling up on the couch with a hot chocolate, hot latte, or hot tea, the fireplace going, and my hubby and puppies beside me. I'm sad that our Christmas tree and the fireplace garland lights have come down, it makes the living room seem so cold and bare.
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited January 2017
    rw3190 said:

Ive put on 18 pounds already -30 weeks on Wednesday

Is anyone else in this boat??

Sounds like a great place to be! Lower end of weight gain. Every body is different and gains what it need for baby. But if it helps, I was up at 30lbs gained at 30wks. 35lbs now at 34wks. 
  • @rw3190 I'm already at 35 lb & will be 29 weeks tomorrow - don't worry about the # on the scale, every body & every pregnancy is different, as long as you & baby are healthy that's the important thing!

@kjd291 thanks so much for the encouragement!❤️ You're right, gotta take it easy - I was praying on my drive in to work & had to just take a moment to feel gratitude for being able to be on this pregnancy journey, as hard as it is sometimes, knowing it'll all be SO worth it & knowing how many others out there wish they could be in my position but struggle with infertility or other issues, so shifting my perspective after feeling so upset this morning has definitely helped!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 glad you could already get a positive shift in perspective! It's nice to sometimes complain and have a pity party though too ;]  Hope the positive side can stick around! 
  • @npaulie hope you are 100% recovered soon - sorry to hear your cold is lingering!! Your nursery is looking great! That chair looks SO comfy!! 

@kjd291 34 weeks!! Wow - you are a rockstar! I'm thinking back to all of our goals at the beginning, and many of us said we just wanted to stay active all the way through and you're almost there!!! I am so impressed that you have the energy to keep it up with a toddler as well!! Internet hi-fives!!!! 

@serenity13 - glad you are feeling better about things. I hear you lady - it's just hard to have to accept slowing down when you're not used to it! Totally agree with @kjd291, tri 3 is totally hard! Personally I was feeling so good only a few weeks ago that I've been feeling really negative at times too - but you inspired me to be more positive with your shift in thinking! And yeah - 3min wall sit?? I would say that counts as super strong!! :)

@triwellnessgirl way to go getting back to the workouts this week! Sorry to hear you and DH are struggling to connect. I hope you can find some common ground soon! 

@rw3190 I've gained 25lbs at 29 weeks - and I'm gaining more steadily now than I was earlier. 

Well, I dragged my butt to the gym and got myself on the dreadmill today.. took a picture to prove it! 
    I feel WAY more positive after getting some good endorphins and blood moving. :)

• You ladies are all awesome and such great encouragement. It makes me feel a lot better to know that I'm not the only one suffering with low energy. @gracie4400 I'm stealing your outlook of renaming "workout" as "activity". 

I got got a new Fitbit today that tracks HR, and it also helped me to see that just walking fo
    work makes my HR 120bpm. It made my tiredness feel more justified. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Been a week or two since I posted!

1: How far along are you? 29 weeks 5 days

? 3 workouts this week would be ideal.

3: How was last week? Eh... Got two workouts in and also walked the mall a bit. Who knew mall walking could feel so difficult?!

? I've pretty much be modifying all the workouts at CrossFit. My coach says he doesn't want me to mess up my form with the changes in my body, which I really appreciate!

! I'm hoping to schedule a massage soon!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I think I am in the same boat as everyone else and just frustrated with my lack of energy. it takes so much longer for me to accomplish what I use to be able to accomplish. Even just walking seems like a chore at this point and I get out of breath during everything!

7: GTKY: Favorite winter activity(ies)? other things you enjoy during the chilly season?? Does sitting on the couch and watching football count?.... lol.... I'm really not one that enjoys winter. The most I ever do is run. I do enjoy running in the snow, but that's on hold this year. :)

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• jenny0228            yea I just feel so discouraged bc Ive been trying to eat pretty healthy and still maintain a low impact workout.....the exhaustion
  • DDs naptime just started. I'm sitting on my couch avoiding today's workout... so: came here to keep myself accountable and say--I AM about to press play. ... when I hit "post" I WILL get off this couch and get moving! ;)
    hope everyone has a good Tuesday! 
  • good luck @kjd291! I just finished my 1st one of the week! Just gotta do my wall sit challenge for the day.
    I'm with @gracie4400 & @npaulie with renaming workouts "activity" since they're so watered down compared to those I was doing pre-pregnancy but they're still hard! I also painted my toes this morning for the first time in months. I've been telling myself I can't reach or that it's too cold to bother lately, but being able to still do that felt pretty good...maybe I'm not quite as humongous as I feel. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nice work, @kjd291 and @serenity13

So, I went to another crossfit class last night to see how I would feel, and I'm just not feeling it. My form is so bad to get around my belly so the coach wanted me to stop doing cleans and use a kettlebell instead. I did that, but I started to feel very slightly lightheaded in the swing so I stopped. I think I'm going to suspend my membership at this point. Much earlier than I thought I would need to, but I feel good about my decision. I'm lucky I'm still able to run and do other cardio so I'll just focus on that, and keep doing pushups and other body weight exercises to maintain strength. 

I have to say I'm one of those people who knocked on crossfit any chance I got before I tried it. I thought it was a crazy cult. And I think some gyms are. But the one I go to is mostly women, and it's extremely empowering and absolute fun. It's like an adult jungle gym. I've made some really good friends there, and I truly do love it. When I started, I could barely squat with 55lbs. Right before I got pregnant I reached a back squat PR of 185lbs. I was proud of that, because I was never strong before. I just have to remember that the work to get back there will be fun and challenging, and right now I just need to take it down a notch. It's so great to have you ladies to chat with - I feel like if it wasn't for this thread, I'd be way harder on myself about all of this, and because of you all I have felt much more positive!  <3
  • @jenny0228 although I know how much it sucks taking a break from CF, I'm glad you're feeling positive about your decision. I was like you, could barely squat with 30lbs with appropriate form before I got into lifting, and reached my PR of 165lbs the day before I found out I was pregnant. I've been a bit frustrated that I've lost so much strength, but like you said, it'll be fun hitting those milestones again after baby. 

I FINALLY got some energy today after being sick for what feels ages. It felt SO good to lift and get really moving again. I'll admit, I was starting to reach the point I was strongly considering just giving up exercise the rest of my pregnancy. But I'm finally feeling motivated again!!

Hope everyone else is having a great strong week too!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenny0228 I'm glad you feel good about your decision! No reason to keep going if it's going to mess with you mentally while you're there instead of encouraging you and not get you excited about working out.  

@npaulie so glad you finally had a good day and are feeling strong!

my DD is sick and clingy. Rest day yesterday, and today I got a very half-assed yoga session in while she was crawling around and on/clinging to me. So, hoping I can get one in tomorrow to end the week feeling a bit better about my activity levels. 
  • Got in a nice workout this morning! Yay!

But guys, ugh! the weight gain is finally hitting me (surprised I lasted this long!) feeling sensitive and annoyed today! I made the mistake of fooling around making a side by side before and after pregnancy photo to see my belly growth, and didn't like what I saw: aka the growth in all the places other than the baby bump ;) hah. Starting now to get a bit puffy in the face too.

As 40lbs gain is getting closer I am trying to ignore all the lies flying into my head. It's especially hard when in the pregnancy world it's almost a competition and you win if you gain no weight. Since when is that healthy!? I know I (all of us) have worked so hard and are doing a great job and I just need to ignore it!

Anyway! I know this is the final stretch and we're so close to being done! Hoping I can pull back on the mental body image positivity I've been able to have this whole time as the last weeks arrive and i get extra pregnant puffy! 
  • Ah, @kjd291 so sorry to hear you've been feeling down about body image today. We all know how that feels, :-/ but at least you got a great workout in!!! Hoping you feel better about it soon. And remember, you're SO close to the end!!! You'll get to hold that gorgeous baby so soon! And who knows, maybe even wear him as extra weight when doing exercises ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @npaulie ! Helps/Feels good just to blab about it on here where ya'll understand the struggle.  I try to talk to DH about my "feelings", and god bless him, but he just doesn't understand the female mind ;) 
  • @kjd291 my hubs is the EXACT same way. He's all logic this... facts that... what are these "emotion" things? Haha. Sometimes he tell him he shouldn't have married a psychologist if he didn't want to talk about feelings. Hahahaha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 definitely understand the struggle! I took my socks off last night after standing a lot and sitting in uncomfortable chairs all day at the conference, my feet were so swollen that my toes didn't even look like my toes. It was a long day, i started crying and DH could not understand why I was so upset about my toes. Ha. I love that we can get our thoughts out here. Glad to hear you got a good workout in this morning though. I'm so low energy today, I may do a walk and run a little, but just unpacking after our few nights away tired me out! 
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited January 2017
    aw @kjd291 I think like @npaulie & @jenny0228 said, we're all probably experiencing a bit of that feeling or will be hitting it soon...I think it's definitely normal! For me it's been ups & downs but as I'm trending toward gaining almost double the amount I initially "planned" to (as if we really have that much control over it haha) with this pregnancy, I'm actually finding it easier to accept the weight now as I progress farther along than I did earlier.
    This morning as I did my daily lathering up with belly balm all over I looked at my new body in the mirror thinking "I look really good with all these curves, I love my pregnancy body!" I remembered back to all the years I told myself when I was struggling with my eating disorder that I'd never ever ever be able to go through a pregnancy because my fear of gaining weight was so strong & consuming. It feels really good to see the growth within myself both on the outside & on the inside. I'm still looking forward to getting back to my pre-preggo body after if I can, but today I'm just embracing it all (even though it's SO hard bending over/doing too much movement anymore lol)❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 aww, yay!! So so glad to hear after years of struggle your seeing the growth as you embrace and love your beautiful pregnant body! :*

@jenny0228 hope you can give your tired self a rest and the swelling goes down!! Haha. Poor toes :( Yay pregnancy.
  • :)@serenity13 so happy to hear your positive outlook!! I hope it continues because that is such a state of grace to be in.

My swelling did subside this weekend, I fit in a walk/run yesterday and drank a ton of water and I'm much less puffed up today. Yesterday, an older man was going to get his mail as I ran past his house and he said, "Good for you - you go girl!" I was so shocked, because I always half expect older people to not understand that pregnant women can run, lift, etc. And the fact that he said "you go girl" haha, it totally made the rest of my run feel lighter than usual. Typically by the time I am close to finishing my 3mi I feel so heavy and my extra weight is taking a toll on my feet. 

This morning I went to spin again, loving it! It's sort of cheesy because it's dark with a blacklight, but I love that it's dark and I can just do my own pace but follow the instructor's cues. 
  • edited January 2017
    Haven't checked in here in a while but I'm so proud of all of us! I've gotten so many nice comments from friends who were sedentary through their pregnancies and regretted it. That (and the kind comments about how good I look, whether genuine or not) have kept me going.

This week I got in three workouts and cleaned up my eating significantly. Trying to get off the cravings train while I have the time to focus back on healthier options. 

For anyone struggling with body body image issues, I'll offer my perspective. The way our bodies look today isn't the way they'll look a year from now, and we'll likely miss these bumps.