May 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 1.9.2017

How far along? 

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 1.9.2017

• How far along? 20 weeks! Half way there :)

How big is baby? Banana

Any appointments this week? Nope, next week

Symptoms? So much hip pain! DH and I have moved into the guest room because I decided the pullout bed was more comfortable than our 15 year old mattress. We're going to buy a new mattress when we move next month. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: Aside from hip and back pain, I'm in that magical 2nd trimester phase where I have energy and want to work out and do things. I still get tired in the afternoon, but it's so much better than the first tri. 
    Question: I think I started feeling the baby move more consistently yesterday, but I'm still not feeling him too much. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? I want to get settled into our new place and set up a nursery. There isn't too much other than that, though. 

• rkstro2rkstro2 member
    edited January 2017
    @kns1988 I don't feel baby move at all...anterior placenta and such.  I would have thought for sure I would feel her by now but what do I know since I'm a FTM ;). I'm so glad I have a Doppler so I can at least hear her every now and again.

20 weeks!  Finally halfway!

baby is banana or paper airplane sized 

appointments this week:  FINALLY our anatomy scan this Wednesday! I am nervous but also excited.  

Symptoms:  GERD

R/R/Q's: I'm with @kns1988 still tired in the afternoon but amazingly better than I was in first trimester! This weekend we traveled to another city to check out furniture at pottery barn (bc we don't have one). We had so much fun looking at baby stuff!  We even made a registry bc my MIL was asking me what kind of furniture we wanted.  

GTKY:  we want to set up the nursery but im
    afriad of doing too much too early.  We are baby-mooning starting this Friday and I'm so excited!!

eta:  I had a non-word and had to change it to a real word
  • Loading the player...
  • @kns1988 This is baby #3 and last night was probably the first movement I felt! I was getting super paranoid. Ice water and an orange for a snack may have done the trick for me! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • hp_mommahp_momma member
    edited January 2017
    How far along? 21 weeks!  

How big is baby? Baseball hat

Any appointments this week? Anatomy Ultrasound this morning. Still feeling nervous as it's with MFM doctor for a more extensive ultrasound since our original blood work came back with an increased risk for Down Syndrome. I know the NIPT bloodwork came back low risk, but the original results are still in the back of my mind. 

Symptoms? Go away discharge. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: My hip/joint pain is back and awful. The only comfortable position is to lay on my back with my hip flat out at like 90 degrees. It feels great but then it's like I have to get it back into place and that's excruciating. 

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? We are on the waiting list to move to a bigger house/newer neighborhood so I really really hope we can move before the baby comes so I can get things settled and set-up. Problem is there is no guaranteed move in date, just a guess of 3-6 months :neutral:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • 20 weeks! Woo half way!!

Baby is the size of a banana

Anatomy scan and check up tomorrow. (Finally!!)

Symptoms? My hip pain is back and of course giving me trouble especially with sleeping. 

Im still not feeling much movement...well anything really that I for sure know isn't gas. I wouldn't be shocked to see anterior placenta at appointment tomorrow. 

We are super cleaning our current spare room to transform it into DDs new bedroom. Luckily our family has planned to help the next few weekends so we should be able to get it all ready with plenty of time to adjust. Also would love to see my Steelers win the Super Bowl :)
  • fbmandy55fbmandy55 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along? 24 weeks!

How big is baby? Not positive since it's been a few weeks since US. Should be around 1.5lbs or the size of a cantaloupe.

Any appointments this week? Have insulin training tomorrow for gestational diabetes. Get a lesson on injecting myself 2x a day for the next 16 weeks. 

Symptoms? Pretty much just back and hip pain. Oh, the back pain is killing me. Waiting on a call back from a chiropractor and considering an expectant massage. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Had to buy a few more maternity shirts. A lot of the shirts I've been wearing are getting too short in the front! I had a week where my hunger was insatiable, pretty sure that led to a growth spurt!

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? Paint crib and changing table! Get our spare room transformed into nursery..
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along? 24 weeks! We've hit viability! Although in all honesty I am still nervous until I hit third tri. Then I relax but getting here is very good too. 

How big is baby? Ear of corn, 30 cm.

Any appointments this week? Quick check up on Wednesday morning.

Symptoms? RLP, breast tenderness, lots of peeing, and I find that I am already not sleeping as good. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? It had been almost 3 months since my OB checked my thyroid levels and I've been feeling pretty tired and getting daily headaches so I called to get my thyroid checked and they sent me to the lab. Numbers came back fine which is a relief. Best thing is that it was a super quick in and out visit so now I don't have to worry about hauling DD for lab work after my appointment on Wednesday. Kids and waiting are not good combos I have found. 

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? DH and I want to get away on a weekend so we're trying to figure out who could help us out and watch the kids so we can plan something. Other than that, just small stuff to get ready. 

ETA - One bigger thing that I want to do is get DD potty trained. She's physically ready but has been refusing to sit on the potty. Hopefully we can change that in the next month or so. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• How far along? 22 weeks!!!!

How big is baby? two sweet coconuts!!!!

Any appointments this week? I wish! I do have a friend who does u/s for stuff other than OB and she has a machine at home. I may get a quick peek from her this week though! Other than that, I have one in 17 days!

Symptoms? It's getting harder to move around, roll over, and get up. But I'm glad they're growing!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? Go on a few special dates with my husband! We planned a "staycation" before DD arrived and it was so wonderful! We did all the things around town we love but don't normally splurge on, ate out a ton, etc. We even did the bathroom like a hotel bathroom (travel soaps etc) and I had all the chores done and we'd planned out our clothes so outfits were already hanging in the closet. We literally had to do no thinking or work or anything, just enjoyed each other's company just like real vacation. That way we didn't waste most of our budget on a hotel and didn't have to spend DH's few vacation days in the car. I doubt it'd be as relaxing with DD now, but I do need to get her to learn to sleep at nana's house so that she'll be used to it by the time I have my csection for these babies, so MAYBE we will get an over night date :) 
  • How far along? 23 weeks

How big is baby? Fashion barbie doll 

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Hip pain, lots of peeing

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? Finish getting the nursery together, we are almost there, but my DH is not moving as fast as I would like him to on some of the projects.
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited January 2017
    @h&amp;pmomma - how was your appointment? 
    Married 8/27/2011

• How far along? 22 weeks.

How big is baby? A coconut

Any appointments this week? I had my pt appointment today, no OB appointments until the 25th.

Symptoms? I've been feeling pretty short of breath lately, but I think it's just due to her position. And SPD.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope.

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? @vrj0522 potty training was also my goal and we fiiiiiinally accomplished it this week! Woot woot! It's obviously an ongoing process, but we've come so far and it feels pretty good.
  • How far along? 24 weeks 

How big is baby? cantaloupe 

Any appointments this week? on Thursday! doc appt and a 2nd ultrasound since baby was uncooperative last time. 

Symptoms? Nothing new..still getting kicked and my bladder danced on

Rants/Raves/Questions? anxious to get home from our trip. had a good time but so ready to be back in my own home and bed and not be 14 hours away!

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? I am still holding out hope for a weekend babymoon with my hubby just have to find someone to watch the 2 kiddos. also, need to get started on putting our house and baby stuff together :)
  • @vrj0522 Yay for viability!
    And I'm right there with you on the potty training. Solidarity momma. Solidarity. 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Appointment was overall good, although I'm going to continue to see the MFM doctors as there are a few things they want to track. 
    1. Both kidneys are showing a mild dialation of fluid. Apparently this is more common in boys and almost always resolves itself before birth. Kidneys themselves look healthy, just retaining urine. 
    2. Baby is measuring behind, femur and tibia are measuring small, which is sometimes a soft marker for Downs but because my cell-free DNA test came back low risk and this was the only soft marker, they have pretty much ruled out Downs. They are now considering a skeletal condition or just wrong dates. Which wrong dates would also explain the higher level of Downs in the Quad Screen. Skeletal condition is not severe or fatal, and the MFM thinks it's more likely wrong dates rather than that but it's still nerve wracking. 

So im trying to look at it as more positive that I will get to see baby more often in more ultrasounds (today would have been my last if everything was "normal") and trying not to stress. Baby looked healthy everywhere else and everything was growing appropriately, just measuring small.  
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @h&amp;pmomma, I hope that it's just wrong dates, and I'm glad that they mostly ruled out Downs. Wrong dates sounds like the most likely scenario. 

Update on my post earlier: I spoke too soon about no movement because I felt the baby all day! I may be super naive, but I don't think I could get tired of this.

• How far along? 22 Weeks!!

How big is baby? The size of a water bottle

Any appointments this week? Nada :-(

Symptoms? No real symptoms, been feeling pretty good! Even made it to the gym theses last two weeks regularly.. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I still don't feel her :-( I'm dying over here!! I also HATE how all maternity clothing is online!! I tried to get some at the mall, but It was obnoxious.

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives?  My hubs and I are going to Nashville for a Hawks V Preds game so that should be fun. All these momma's are saying they have started/ almost done with the nursery... I haven't even started, am I behind?
  • @h&amp;pmomma - Glad your appointment went well and that results were mostly positive. Both DD and this baby have had dilated kidneys. DD's resolved on its own and I'm hoping this baby's does too. FX for your LO too. I know it's normal and not usually something to worry about. And having the wrong dates sounds reasonable. 

@Cubslove12 - You are not behind. Unless you plan on moving baby to her room immediately after birth, you don't even have to be done by the time she comes, although it helps because doing things with a newborn is harder but really, you are good. We didn't put anything together for DS until a couple of weeks before his birth and didn't even build the crib until the day before I went into labor, which was only 4 days before his due date. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• @kns1988 I'm so glad you felt the movement!  I'm so jealous and hoping I feel it soon too!
  • How far along? 22 weeks!

How big is baby? A coconut!

Any appointments this week? No appointments this week. Our next midwife appointment is January 30th, however, we are starting prenatal classes tomorrow :)

Symptoms? Lots of kicking :), some heartburn, shortness of breath and dizziness, as well as some lower back pain and leg pain (especially in the morning when I wake up). I've also been waking up at random hours of the night (like 3am) and I'm wide awake and can't go back to sleep, or I will have super vivid dreams. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We are starting to paint our nursery today and I am so excited! A few people say it is still too early, but I like to be proactive! :)

GTKY: Is there anything you'd like to do before baby arrives? We are going to take another little trip :), we also want to get the little things fixed around the house that we have been meaning to get to! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Married: 10/4/14, Together Since: 5/21/06
    Children: 1 (girl, 3 years)

TTTC #1 since April 2015, Started Treatment Dec 2015
    5 Cycles of IF treatment until BFP! (IUI, Gonal-F, Letrozole)
    BFP: September 5th, 2016
    Born: May 22, 2017

TTTC #2 since September 2020, Currently in Testing phase 

BabyFetus Ticker