August 2017 Moms

Name help!

My husband wants to keep our names secret which i am behind but i am nervous that once they are born and people find out the name they will think of something that we didn't.  (Ex. We were going to name or first Walker but our last name is Wride and so whenever we said that name everyone would go "ohh walk OR wride I get it haha" needless to say we switched. ) So basically I would love help getting to find any potential pitfalls! Thanks!!!! The names are Piper Wride for girl and Thatcher Wride for boy (my current son is Greyson so any sibling name cautions would be appreciated as well!)

Re: Name help!

• Thatcher Wride - Catch a Ride
    Piper Wride - ride that pipe (this one is way worse and I think will 100% get said to her many times growing up)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Hey, I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't that The Bump has a Names board. You're more than welcome to ask your question here, but I bet if you ask over on the Names board, you'll get tons more responses. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • @AlexandraW2015 we have a names thread. I'll tag you in it, might find something helpful.
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Agree with @kissthesky32

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • It's tough when you have a last name that can be turned into something mean. 

I have a friend whose last name is Ball. She had a tough time, too! 

But, I love Greyson! My son is Grayson. My daughter is Tenley.
  • No real name advice but with DD we kept the name a secret. It was so fun to surprise everyone. And it was a great way to avoid anything monogrammed. Plus it took the opinions out of the equation. After the birth, who is really going to admit they hate the name you chose? Not like I'd care anyway. All that to say, it's fun to just share that between you and DH. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19