September 2017 Moms

Second baby!

Those of you that are on your second baby or more! When did you start showing? Was it a lot earlier than the first?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Second baby!

• I showed earlier with my 2nd. This will be my 3rd but I'm not showing (except for being bloated).  Please check in with the STM + thread posted on Fridays (you can still check in on this past Friday's thread) and that's where we have discussions specific to Second Time moms.

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• About 9 weeks really showing with my 2nd and this is my 3rd at almost 6weeks I say I got about 2 more b4 people start asking questions 
  • Loading the player...
  • A quick reminder on baby size- they don't get big enough for your uterus to go above your pelvic bone until 12w or so.  Everything right now is blump!  I'm really tall and started showing a burrito bump around 20w.  It didn't really look like a bump until about 24w.  A friend who is a stm just started showing around 16w.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 3rd pregnancy at the moment, with my second I had a noticeable belly within 3 months, but I also had leftover fluff from first baby. I expect to have the same since I am heavier this time. Better tone up a little!

• I started showing with my first at 29 weeks. This was my 30 week photo. I doubt it will be the same this time around!
  • I started showing at 17-18w first time...second time ended in a loss at 8wks but was noticeable so I anticipate showing earlier this time too.

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • My first I started really showing at 18 weeks.  Before that it just looked like maybe I had eaten too many burritos!  I'm not sure what to expect with this little one!  My body has transformed a lot since my previous pregnancy.
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • sableeg said:
    My first I started really showing at 18 weeks.  Before that it just looked like maybe I had eaten too many burritos!  I'm not sure what to expect with this little one!  My body has transformed a lot since my previous pregnancy.
    This was me exactly! First one I popped at 18 weeks.  Right now I feel like I am 'showing' but let's be honest, I am bloated like the marshmallow puff man.  Nom nom nom.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SugarRush *luckily* I've avoided the bloat so far... My first pregnancy I didn't even know I was pregnant until almost 9 weeks because of being so bloated and tired and yada yada.  I'm hoping my Whole30 diet will keep the bloat away for awhile!

Also, last time, I think I was so excited to be pregnant that I almost forced the bloat so I could wear maternity jeans :) 
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg I started wearing some of my maternity jeans yesterday. They are so much more comfortable! Especially when you're bloated.
  • @JNR6510 I hear ya, girl! Maternity jeans were my favorite things in the world!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • hahaha NOPE @thirdANDfinal You do you girl :) Be comfortable! :kissing_heart:
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • I did the hair tie thing my entire pregnancy.  I'm tall and couldn't find 36" inseam maternity pants.  I saw a couple online, but they were $100+.  Not worth it for me!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Also, last time, I think I was so excited to be pregnant that I almost forced the bloat so I could wear maternity jeans :) 
    Mwahahaha!! Yes! Ditto!
  • I have a really short torso and show early. Someone asked me when I was due when I was only 12 weeks with my first. I was in maternity pants by 7 weeks with my 2nd due to crazy bloat. This time I'm 5.5 weeks and already can't button my pants. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Do you second time mom's notice other symptoms happen earlier on? I feel like my boobs are way bigger earlier on (and sore) than opposed to last time. I also notice my uterus is noticeably hard just above my pubic bone. It's so difficult waiting for my doctors appointment,and I'll have to wait even longer for the ultra sound to figure out exactly how far along I am. Anticipation is killing me!
  • Do you second time mom's notice other symptoms happen earlier on? I feel like my boobs are way bigger earlier on (and sore) than opposed to last time. I also notice my uterus is noticeably hard just above my pubic bone. It's so difficult waiting for my doctors appointment,and I'll have to wait even longer for the ultra sound to figure out exactly how far along I am. Anticipation is killing me!
    I have for sure. I probably wasn't 12w with my son when I started gettin nauseous. The only symptom before that I experienced was I was exhausted. This time I'm not even 7 weeks and I throw up all the time, I'm exhausted, my boobs are slowly inflating, and the round ligament pain is no joke!!
  • @lisajewall there's also a second time mom check in every week where you could find more info from other second time moms. It's a lot more updated with more people participating in it 
    Yesss!!!!  This is me 100%.  I usually wear a light padded bra but my boobs are so big that I can't even wear that anymore because it just feels too tight!  And the soreness.... oh the soreness.  It was never bad the first time around, makes me wonder if i'm having a boy this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker