May 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday Funday: What's fun or good?

What's going on that's fun or good in your life? Sometimes pregnancy woes get the best of us, so it's always fun to hear some funny or good stories. 
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Sunday Funday: What's fun or good?

• Options
    I have to go to work today, in the snow, so I'm having a hard time finding the "fun" or "good" part here. Pay check? We're otherwise snowed in so it's not like I'd be doing anything much anyway?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jayandaplus: it stinks that you have to work... in my experience, with a little one on the way, there might be days ahead when you'll think back fondly on "boring" hum-drum days of doing nothing but working... and recalling how wonderful and simple and open they were! I'm not kidding! Traipsing out into the snow totally stinks, having to get bundled up, brush off the car, being frozen so quickly... but the good part is that it's temporary! Once you're actually at work, it won't be a huge deal, and you'll be distracted.

Being snowed in (me too) means you have the inside options to nap, play games, do some self care, work out, tackle a project, do something creative (photos, scrapbooking, knitting?), catch up on correspondence, or watch a movie, among so many other things.
  • Options
    DH and I booked our hotel for our little family beach vacation before this LO arrives. We are super excited to get one last vacation in just the three of us before we become four! 

@jayandaplus sorry you have to work and drive through the snow! Try to have a good day at work  :)

@WombThereItIs nice! I'd agree with you! That is very good. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    Chili is in the crock pot and will cook while we're at church. It will be ready just in time for the Packer game. Go Pack Go!!
  • Options
    slssls member
    SKZW said:
    in my experience, with a little one on the way, there might be days ahead when you'll think back fondly on "boring" hum-drum days of doing nothing but working... and recalling how wonderful and simple and open they were!

This is so true. Before DD, my husband and I were gamers. We even met on an MMO. I remember logging in first thing in the morning and playing all day. Of course, I tried not to make a habit of it, but... Lol. Now, it's like, is that even possible?? How did I DO that??
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    Went to Target for the gift cards even though we plan on using cloth diapers. Which means H finally gave me permission to buy baby stuff! It was pretty exciting even if it was shampoos and lotions.
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited January 2017

We had a fun late Christmas celebration at my aunt and uncle's house. We played a fun game where we all ended up with silly socks. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    I got Christmas packed away.  DH spent the ENTIRE day cooking. I won't have to cook this week bc the fridge is stocked.  Woohoo!
  • Options
    @clebl24 I got Christmas put away too! 

We also made it in and out of IKEA in just about an hour, which is a definite win on a weekend afternoon. We got two new beds for our girls and got them all set up tonight. Which means DD2 is officially out of the crib :cry:
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    h&pmomma said:
    @clebl24 I got Christmas put away too! 

We also made it in and out of IKEA in just about an hour, which is a definite win on a weekend afternoon. We got two new beds for our girls and got them all set up tonight. Which means DD2 is officially out of the crib :cry:
    Very impressive "@h&pmomma"

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17