May 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday ticker change

How would you ladies feel if we had a weekend ticker change? Maybe combine Saturday and Sunday? Weekends are pretty slow and I don't know how Sunday would feel but there's so few of us on the actual Saturday ticker change and then it's usually the slowest participation day. Just a thought. 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week? 

Symptoms? 

Cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?
TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

Re: Saturday ticker change

• Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks

How big is baby? GI joe, cantaloupe, ear of corn

Any appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Massive amounts of heart burn, achy and sore in general

Cravings? Finally wanting some fresh food. Fruits, pasta salad with veggies, really loving my waffles. Still no chicken or beef though

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing too much 

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?
    we have bought most of our stuff but still need to clear out the room and get it organized. 
    CP September 2019
  • Options

How far along are you? 20 weeks (and 1 day since it's now Sunday) 

How big is baby? Banana, paper airplane 

Any appointments this week? Nothing until February, just had our anatomy scan on Friday. 

Symptoms? Tired easily still, sore boobs, sometimes irritable, lots of movement!

Cravings? All of the food. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We found out on Friday that the baby looks great, and we're having a girl!! I'm so excited, all I wanted was a healthy baby and to hear it is a girl, was just icing on the cake. I cried a little bit. I can't wait to meet her. 

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? I've done nothing but buy myself a coach diaper bag when I was at the outlets a few months ago. I think I'm going to try to look at bedroom sets (crib/dresser) just to see what I like, but I just feel like I've got so much time I don't have much motivation to do anything. 

@sarah0985 I'd be ok to combine the weekend ticker change as long as everyone else is!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jen_shoes if the Sunday ticker change is up soon I'll ask if they mind. It seems if you or I don't start it, it doesn't get done, and even then participation seems scarce. Congratulations on a heathy scan and finding out its a girl
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    I'm fine with us sharing a thread. I noticed one other group does that for the weekend. But I'll wait a little longer since it seems like us Sunday people like to post a little later in the day  :)
  • Options

How far along are you? 20 weeks!! 

How big is baby? Paper airplane / banana

Any appointments this week? Nope! Had our level II last week and everything looked great, baby boy measuring a week ahead. 

Symptoms? Sore boobs, backaches. 

Cravings? No cravings, I just want to eat everything 

Rants/Raves/Questions? At u/s we found out I have a higher anterior placenta. Explains why I can only feel him down low and haven't felt a ton, just small kicks and movements over the last couple weeks. 

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? Zip zilch nadda! In a couple weeks we will get some updates done on his room, then start ordering the furniture and getting registered. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have no issue with combining Saturday and Sunday Ticker change, but I do think if that's what we'd all like to do, you shold change the post's title. @sarah0985

Ho
    w far along are you? 20 weeks!!!

How big is baby? Banana 

Any appointments this week? After 3 reschedulings, I have my anatomy scan on Tuesday!

Symptoms? Not sure if it's acid reflux considering that it does not burn, but I have spent the last 3 nights desperately trying to belch because I can feel air being trapped and it's been a nightmare on top of pregsomnia.
    NPR- I have some sort of sinus infection that burns like a mofo and because I have oversized tonsils, it's caused tonsil stones and a slew of other unpleasantness...if you have advice, I'll take anything I can get.

Cravings? Fruit juices, lemonade, savory foods like roasts and cereal

Rants/Raves/Questions? Please tell me someone has advice for tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) I hate them but they are especially miserable on top of pregnancy.

GTKY: I've made a bit of a game plan in my head as far as what I'm going to get out of storage, what purchases I need to make, but honestly a lot of it is on hold for after tax time and when we know the baby's sex to really do much. It's still early in my opinion for a lot of the prep that needs done and I have DD to keep me busy anyways.
  • Options
    Totally fine with a combined weekend ticker change. I was wondering if we should do something since Saturday is so small. Great idea!

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Ear of corn

Any appointments this week? Yesterday was a typical prenatal. All is good!

Symptoms? Consistent movement and always thirsty. Finally over the flu that plagued our family last week

Cravings? Fresh popcorn. I can't get enough. And pickles

Rants/Raves/Questions? Feeling lazy lately with all the rest from the flu and a few snow days, but enjoying all the extra time cuddling and playing with DD

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? Nothing at all. We have nearly everything we need, it's just in storage currently. We'll start getting everything out and prepped next month and see what's missing.
  • Options
    @omegarose3 I wanted to ask opinions before just making an executive decision on behalf of everyone else
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    @sarah0985 I think the weekend ticker change is a good idea!
    @Jen_Shoes I'm so glad you have a healthy baby girl!  That's so exciting to find out.
    @OmegaRose3 I have no experience with tonsil stones but that sounds miserable, I'm sorry.

How far along are you? 
    20 weeks on Saturday.

How big is baby?
    A banana! Which seems really big?

Any appointments this week? 
    Yes! I have my anatomy scan on Tuesday.  I am a little nervous that I won't get to see the doctor because she's on call but FX she doesn't get called in and we can meet.  I have a ton of questions for her as well now.  I am also waiting to hear back from a MFM doc about an initial appointment so I might have that this week.  Anyone who has been to an MFM have any advice or insight on what the appointment might look like?

Symptoms? 
    None.  Feeling pretty good actually.

Cravings? 
    I'm on a crazy restrictive cancer-fighting diet so obviously I want all the things I can't have.  I especially want pizza all. day. long.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

We can't set up the nursery until we get the guest bed out, and we can't get the guest bed out until our remodel is done and it hasn't started.  So I plan on not having a nursery until June.  But I did spend time looking at art for the nursery and I ordered some stuff today which is exciting.  My mom and I also looked at changing tables this weekend which was fun.  I don't have a lot of other prep to do because we have almost everything from DS.  I am excited for when we have a dresser and I can get DS's baby clothes out and wash and organize them.  I LOVE tiny baby clothes.
  • Options

How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? the size of a baseball hat supposedly

Any appointments this week? nope

Symptoms? Round ligament pain.. toting around my toddler definitely is making things hard on my body

Cravings? None

Rants/Raves/Questions? My husband woke up at 1am vomiting non stop so now I am so paranoid that my son or I are going to get sick too! I will be bleaching the house and wearing gloves as soon as I walk through the door after work.

Just started going through DS clothes to see if I need anything new. I have a stock of diapers. Cant prepare the nursery yet since we are waiting for our house to be built.. who knows when it will be done... it's taking forever! Waiting for my double stroller to go on sale...

• Options
    @RainyDays86 I have no information to give, just sending you positive vibes for your appointments tomorrow.
  • Options
    @sarah0985 I just meant so people would click the thread and give opinions, for some reason I didn't see the part where you said you'd post in Sunday Ticker change, but anyways...looking forward to seeing how the change will work :) I think it's a great idea
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 wks 3 days!

How big is baby? Coconut I think!

Any appointments this week? Monthly appointment Thursday! Love getting to hear his heartbeat! 

Symptoms? Tired all the time, heartburn, sciatica, achy bones!

Cravings? Mexican and ice cream... not together though! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just happy to feel baby moving all the time!! Happy happy happy! But man this pregnancy is so different from my first. Can't go home and lay around this time... have a crazy 2.5 yo to chase non-stop! 

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? Not much yet. Just found out the gender before Christmas so now we can start buying boy things! Plan on reusing my daughters crib for him, so we have that. Just need clothes and to get stuff out of storage in the basement!

P.S. Thanks for thinking of combining the ticker! I always want to post, but I usually can never find one for Saturday!