April 2017 Moms

Willow breast pump

Has anyone else seen this thing? It is my new obsession. It doesn't come out till the spring but I want one. I had such an issue pumping at work last time because the whole building is floor to ceiling windows and the only place people can't see you is the bathroom. This would totally solve that problem. I think it's the coolest thing ever. Just can't get over it.

https://www.willowpump.com

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Willow breast pump

• Yes I saw this yesterday and it looks amazing. However, my insurance covers 5 models of breast pump and this isn't on the list (at least not yet). So I'll probably get on of the covered ones. But otherwise I'd definitely be looking into this!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I wish I could get it!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw this too. Looks amazing but retails for $450 and my dr already ordered me a Medela. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• I'd love to to hear how people like it once it's out.  It just seems too good to be true, honestly. I mean, how could it possibly be quiet?  Pumps are so loud!  But if it is, I can only hope that other brands pick up the trend and imitate it. Also, if you got walked in on at work while pumping, it would be way easier to hide what's happening.

I had such an adverse reaction to pumping.  I hated the tubes and everything - felt like a cow. I never got more than drops unless I used my hand pump.  I'm so hoping this is the real deal.  It would be so nice! But also, no way I can afford that!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I've been looking at the ads, but are you supposed to wear the pump system all the time? I was a little confused when it said it senses when your milk is being produced and turns on automatically. It's discrete, but not that discrete to wear it all the time! Maybe you all can clarify for me haha.
  • This thing is so cool! It doesn't seem like you could really get a super explosive power session out of it though. I remember having some sessions that were well beyond the 5oz, that thing holds. It would be awesome to have if you knew you needed to be out and about for a bit. 
  •  I'm sure those odd bags wouldnt be nearly big enough (I'm part cow and with DD deserved a blue ribbon.) Plus since you'd need to use those specific bags they're probably super expensive.. 

It's cool in theory, but as mentioned I can't see them being that powerful.. while being quiet and discreet
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @BabyBlake.04.2017 I thought it said it can sense your let down. So you start pumping, pumps work a certain way and most pumps switch how it pumps after a certain amount of time. It claims this one just senses when to switch. I don't think you'd wear it all the time. Your nips would fall off!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I'm not sold on it.  The cups seem huge and hard to fit under your clothes, the bags are small and I'm sure pricey... I'll stick with my tried and true Medela.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • @cafedisco that makes a lot more sense, thanks for clarifying 
  • @pammasu0909 Yeah I mean I wouldn't go out and buy one without reading reviews of actual people using it (and it's out of my price range, so unless it's the most amazing thing and the Medela isn't cutting it I wouldn't buy one anyway...). But I hardly buy anything without reading reviews, so...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• *lurking from May '17* For those of you interested enough to try a system like this, there's already one out there (not as fancy but covered by some insurances) called the Freemie pump that also uses collection cups that go in your bra. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Is there a general breast pump thread already going on? I did a quick search and didn't see it, but I also could have looked right past it. I have a couple questions. 
  • @BabyBlake042017 I was going to start one with some resources that I've used both pregnancies to find out what I could get through my insurance...I'll have it up in a few minutes!!