June 2017 Moms

GTKY: All Things TV!

Let's talk TV! GIFs are encouraged and appreciated.

1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging?

2. What is your TV guilty pleasure?

3. What's a series you've watched all the way through more than once?

Re: GTKY: All Things TV!

• mamaraffemamaraffe member
    edited January 2017

The vampire diaries are currently being binged on! I love the bachelor, greys, and TWD. 

I love watching the train wrecks on teen mom occasionally lol

greys!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    edited January 2017

Let's talk TV! GIFs are encouraged and appreciated.

Watching Regularly: This is Us, The Bachelor, New Girl

Binging: Scandal and How I met your Mother (We like to keep one hour long drama and one short comedy in rotation) 

Put me on the Teen Mom train. I've watched every episode from the beginning. The only time I feel guilty is when my 4 year old DD says things like "Let's watch Teen Mom"

I'm pretty much always watching Sex and the City. Also The Office, Friends, and Mad Men. 

• Loading the player...
  • What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging?

I keep up with Game of Thrones when it's on and The Walking Dead. Currently streaming West World and Vampire Diaries (Team Damon). I follow every season of RuPaul's Drag Race!

All things reality TV. Teen Mom, Real Housewives of OC, The Bachelor franchise. 

I've watched the first few seasons of Grey's more times than I can count. I don't keep up with it anymore though.

• 1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging? 
    I like the Bachelor and Greys Anatomy. We don't have cable so we watch a lot on ABC like Modern Family, The Middle, Blackish, Last Man Standing, etc. We also don't have Hulu or Netflix so I've never streamed or binge watched a show. Sorry I'm lame 

I love the Price Is Rright!!! My mom and I have tickets to see the Price Is Right LIVE in February when it comes to Indiana. I also love wheel of fortune and jeopardy although I'm not good at wheel. I rock at jeopardy though! 

None really. I'm the kind of person that once I've seen an episode of anshow or a movie or read a book, I'm kind of done with it. 

• @kassyfry I knew you were a Hoosier too, but I can't remember where you're from. SW Indiana here. 

• Let's talk TV! GIFs are encouraged and appreciated.

Librarians, bones, blind spot, once upon a time, rizzoli and isles 

Crime dramas 

criminal minds 

DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• @kassyfry I knew you were a Hoosier too, but I can't remember where you're from. SW Indiana here. 
    @swanbrooner I'm just north of Fort Wayne, 20 minutes south of Michigan and almost into Ohio. Lovely little tristate area ha
    Currently watching Chicago series (Fire, PD, Med), Big Bang Theory, Life in Pieces, This is Us (which I LOVE), and I've recently become addicted to Leah Remini's documentary exposing Scientology.  We're also streaming/binging 30 Rock right now.  There's more but I can't think

Sister Wives

Lost, West Wing
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Bachelor, Alaska the Last Frontier, Younger, This is Us, Total Divas, Outdaughtered, Quantico 

Teen Mom

One Tree Hill
  • I'll start this off with: I watch waaaaaaay too much TV.  I like to have it on in the background when I'm doing other stuff (like right now). 

Keeping up with:

Currently binging (maybe this should be an FFFC? -- I swear I meant to watch 1 episode for nostalgia...but that Netflix keeps rolling into the next episode). 

Depends on my mood; I tend to binge in themes.  Right now I'm on a CW/Superheroes kick.  Sometimes I'll get hooked on a crazy reality show (Toddlers & Tiaras, Sister Wives).  I'll watch any of the Law and Orders.  I love HGTV.   

Image result for daniel tiger gif 
    (Thanks to my boys)

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging? The Bachelor, Nightwatch, First 48.

2. What is your TV guilty pleasure? All reality TV, specifically anything on Bravo, and Teen Mom.  Patiently waiting for OITNB.

3. What's a series you've watched all the way through more than once? I'm similar to @kassyfry, I don't really re-watch shows more than once, though like @graceriesz, I can watch OTH over and over.

FFSC: my cats are named after characters from OTH.

TWD, Modern Family, greys, This Is Us

Sister Wives, Project Runway

Gilmore Girls
  • slssls member

I can't get into anything new right now. I watched the OA (and couldn't find any gifs)... It was meh. The "twist" at the end made me throw shit at the TV. Could you have a more hackneyed, bullshit trope for a show that was trending toward not being terrible? (But I'll watch a season 2 if they make it--possibly only to see then reverse the stupid crap at the end.) (Being purposefully vague here so not to spoiler it, but I'm referring to what they found in her closet, for anyone who watched it.)

I'm all caught up on this one, although I did binge the latest (half) season on Netflix over break:

So right now I'm currently watching, for the third time:

We don't have cable, so it really is a guilty pleasure--when we visit relatives, I sit in front of HGTV all day like:

... hoping for:

We've started working our way again through:

We've already rewatched:

And:

But my all-time forever-binge-with-bae-celebrity-crush has to be......

You're welcome, ladies.

You're welcome.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • @Xath- Yessss to Full House! I can't stop watching.

@sls , @Mtnmommy -  Gilmore Girls is my all time favorite. I probably know the whole series by heart. Oops.
  • @sls We also don't have cable (just Netflix/Amazon Prime) so my HGTV binges happen when I'm traveling or visiting other folks.  Property Brothers is my absolute faaaaaavorite.  I really wish they did shows in my area; that's how I'd love to buy our next house.  I want a house with good bones that needs a ton of work.  

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @sls wonderful use of GIFing and your commentary of OA was spot on!

too many!! Greys, Criminal Minds, SVU, Survivor, How to Get Away With Murder, The Walking Dead, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Once Upon A Time, This Is Us, OITNB

Teen Mom (both), Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Catfish, Counting On, The Fosters, Switched at Birth

CSI is my all time favorite. 
    Also Archer and SVU

Hi I'm Amy and I'm a TV addict. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Top Chef, Greys, How to get away with Murder, Bachelor, Project Runway junior, Samantha Bee, American Housewife

bad reality drama like Below Deck, Americas next top model, project runway

Scrubs, Friends, Bang, Project Runway

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Reading everyone else's is reminding me of a bunch of shows... Add Below Deck, Orange is the New Black, Fuller House to my currently watching/guilty pleasures list.

@Stankonia2014 and over and over and over... 
  • I forgot about Stranger Things!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging? Greys, Nashville, Big Bang, Modern Family, Designated survivor, Scandal, Chicago Med

All the crime dramas Law and Order SVU, Chicago PD, NCIS 

One Tree Hill, The Office, Friends 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Currently, Dr. Phil and Wendy Williams. Does anyone watch daytime TV anymore? :)

Outlander on Starz. Currently audio booking Voyager, which is what the upcoming season will be portraying.

True Blood. Doesn't really get good until the second season and third season is the best!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• @MrsCaliRN I can't STAND Wendy Williams. She irritates me! 

I stream allll the shows: OITNB, GoT, SVU, and Magic City (shown below). I also watch Modern Family, Fresh Off the Boat, Shameless, How to Get Away with Murder, Nashville (cannot wait for it to get picked back up!!!!), and all the Netflix superhero series.

True crime shows are my go-to

I have watched Sex in the City, The Office, Community, Parks and Rec, Friends, and Will and Grace multiple times. Looking forward to the new season of W&G!!

@alm52386 Hi Amy!! I'm also a tv addict...

I think that's most of them... I love TV. It's always on at our house, even if just for background noise.
    Right now mostly just the ABC Tues/Wed lineup...The Middle, American Housewife, The Goldbergs, and Modern Family.

Waiting NOT so patiently for TWD to come back! I totally have a thing for Negan.

Sister Wives!! I just can't stop. I used to love The Real Housewives but honestly the drama makes me anxious sometimes. 

TWD, Sex and the City, Family Guy, and The Office.

I just got done with Reign. Ahh come on season 3!
    I also love This is us, Designated Survivor and The Walking Dead (HELLO Negan...I've been bad... ;);) haha)

Give me all the Reality TV! Sister Wives, Counting On, Teen Mom ETC

Call the Midwife, Bomb Girls, The Walking Dead, Golden Girls.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @awoodruff27 It was just announced that Golden Girls is coming to Hulu! I'm so excited!
  • Sex and the City! How could I ever forget that as one of my favorites? I also loved Dexter, and Six Feet Under.

And Homeland. I'm so excited that the new season is coming out soon. 
  • @GoodWitchoftheNorth I am addicted to Sister Wives.  I am fascinated by that lifestyle (although it would never be for me).  I'm really interested to see how they handle Moriah's news from the last episode!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awillis13 Same! I could totally go for having a sister wife to help cook, clean, and raise kids...I just can't share my husband! The previews don't look good for Moriah, breaks my heart!! I was so excited and proud of her, but then saw her mom crying about it...ugh.

• 1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging? I just finished up West World and am looking forward to GoT and Girls. 

I have so many... Teen Mom, Dance Moms (Why?!), Survivor, and the Snapped franchise.

3. What's a series you've watched all the way through more than once? Friends

• Wino0920Wino0920 member
    edited January 2017
    1. This Is Us, Criminal Minds, House of Cards

2. Teen Mom OG

3. The closest would be 90210 or friends

Im really into the channel ID Or like 20/20s.
  • I'm glad to see so many Gilmore Girls fans on here. I haven't ever seen it, but I'm saving it for maternity leave and all those late night feeding sessions! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Ahutch428 I fell in love with Gilmore Girls on my last maternity leave. That's a great mat leave show.
  • michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited January 2017
    @Elyse1384 I literally LOL even time I see that clip of Brady and Edelman...

@MrsCaliRN I was obsessed with True Blood... we watched it religiously!

1.  I'll break this down into shows I watch with DH and ones that I watch alone in the living room and sometimes DH watches/tolerates.
    - Outlander, The Affair, GoT, and sports NCAA/pro
    - This is Us, Bachelor, OITNB, How to Get Away with Murder

2. These are the shows reserved for my phone as I keep little ears and eyes away as well as DH cant stand them, ha!
    - Ugh... Bravo and MTV.  Loving Girlfriends Guide to Divorce, RHBH, RHA, Vanderpump Rules, Teen Mom OG, Teen Mom 2

Am I seriously the only one who watches?

3. I will binge watch a series start to finish now when nothing is on but I watched it back in the day but I don't just keep rewatching over and over.
    - Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, Sex in the City, Law & Order SVU

Edit: mobile autocorrect is lame
  • TV is currently our number #1 hobby and obsession. 

Regularly Watch: Once Upon A Time, Brooklyn 99, 2 Broke Girls (though I could do without), New Girl, Agents of SHIELD, Grey's Anatomy, HTGAWM, Scandal, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (totally recommend), Modern Family, Speechless, This Is Us, The Good Place.. probably more that I forgot.
    Most Recent BingesNurse Jackie, LOST, Gilmore Girls, Fuller House, Parks n Rec, 30 Rock, OITNB, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Catastrophe... We are professional TV binge watchers. It all started with Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I'm sure our days of full binges are numbered now that baby is on the way.

Probably Girl Meets World and Big Brother... though I don't feel that guilty about watching them but they aren't wildly popular. I think I'm more guilty about all the TV series I've binged in the last 3 years.

Grey's Anatomy is probably the closest I've come. I didn't watch the first 2 seasons but watched live after that, then we re-watched from the beginning a year or two ago. We keep 30 Rock, Parks n Rec and HIMYM on the in background a lot so those are probably close, too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What shows are you currently watching regularly, streaming, or binging? - Sense8, Madam Secretary, NCIS

2. What is your TV guilty pleasure? - Food Network cooking shows (Barefoot Contessa, Giada at Home, etc.)

- WEST WING!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• @krex, Bartlet for President!