March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Ticker Change (Jan 7-8)

How far along are you?

How big is baby!?

Upcoming appointments?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Ticker Change (Jan 7-8)

• Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks this weekend! When I realized I was in the thirties I suddenly couldn't wait to post, lol.

How big is baby!? Big and getting bigger. Maybe something like 3 pounds and over 16 inches? She finally surpassed the size of my sons newborn doll we have him for christmas, which is my best point of reference :) 

Upcoming appointments? The 12th...just a normal follow up. I have all my appts through 37 weeks scheduled. :) 

Any new symptoms or changes? For some reason I am starting just now to get very excited about meeting her. She is growing in my.mind as a real person, not just an abstract baby, you know? Two things: (1) When I leaned back on my son's bed today, you could clearly see Alice pressing her whole little back against the middle of my stomach. (like sticking out 2 inches in a creepy oval, lol) My husband was like Whoa! and even my 23 month old put his hands on either side of her and said confidently "baby." I couldn't believe how BIG she was! Eventually she moved (thankfully...that hurts the bellybutton!), but it was such a special moment. (2) I realized tonight that my daughter already has more clothes than her mommy. Yes this count includes things like lingerie and bathing suits, and I even counted things I own but can't wear anymore! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nbr: WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR TODDLER? I swear the kid subsides on white bread and goldfish. And fuit snacks. Thank goodness he likes yogurt or I could never sneak vegetables in him! I need ideas for snacks. 

GTKY: Favorite? In school I always loved history...So I became a history teacher. But when I started subbing I realized I really really enjoy math. Its like puzzles. I hated It in school because it was so repetitive. But now I buy those algebra calendars with problems for every day, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina I'm intruding on your thread to tell you I love love Alice! If it sounded better with our last name, we would probably be using it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so excited about it. I know literally no one under the age of 50 with the name. We are just stuck trying to pick a middle name to go with it:
    Alice LaRue Blahbler
    Alice Jeanne Blahbler
    Both close family names, so it's a toughie. :) We keep throwing other nonfamily middle names into the mix for consideration too, sigh, like Amelia.
    I occasionally ask my belly, Are you THE Alice?

It was so easy to name my son because our grandfathers literally shared two of three names, lol. This is much harder. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks as of 40 min ago :)

How big is baby!? A zucchini or motorcycle helmet

Upcoming appointments? Tues progesterone shot, weds u/s and dr appt

Any new symptoms or changes? Blood pressure creeping higher :( I had to call the dr today as it got pretty high and I was feeling crappy. She sent me in for a urine and blood test this evening. No results yet. She said to go to the hospital this weekend if it gets to a certain point. So I am anxiously checking my bp like every hr. So far so good. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just tired all the time

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why? High school English - I love reading and writing. College - criminal justice - it was just interesting to learn about even though it's not my field
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    How far along are you? 34wks tomorrow!! 

How big is baby!? Big! Ha.  Measuring a week+ ahead. Average baby at 34wks is 18inches and 5+ lbs. ovia says basketball hoop!

Upcoming appointments? Just had 34wk one yesterday. One ( 36wk) the 23rd, and then on to every week! *gasp* BP was creeping higher... so hopefully it'll stay down! *prayers for yours too @korpisar

Any new symptoms or changes? Feeling SO off for the first half of the day. Midwife wasn't concerned--tells me it's all probably normal digestion/blood sugars/circulation as the day gets going. But generally feeling in a foggy sickly death till around 2pm, and then it magically goes away.  So: I guess like a new fun third Tri MS.

Rants/Raves/Questions? i never reached that stereotypical point of "I'm done being pregnant" with DD. I felt so naively great up till the end. This time around however... I'm already praying for an early arrival!! Give. Me. My. Body back!

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why? I loved taking French in college. I enjoyed taking a break from my required classes, learning the language, and the teacher so much that I took an extra couple years of it! If college wasn't so darn expensive i'd have loved to add a minor/major and studying abroad in france!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby!? Yellow squash

Upcoming appointments? Next Friday I have my 32 week appt which is weird because I'll be almost 33 weeks but that's when I could get in. I also have scheduled on 1/23 a growth scan ultrasound and my 34 week appt.

Any new symptoms or changes? I had a bloody nose last night so that was weird. I've had maybe 3 in my whole life, including this one. One of the others was when I was pregnant with DD.

Rants/Raves/Questions? So do we just not do FFFC anymore? I've been looking for it for 3 weeks now and I've had a really good one. I don't want to step on any toes by starting it either.

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why? I was a band nerd and play the piano so music I guess. Of the core academics I always liked math and science type classes because I like that there is always a right or wrong answer and science is just...fascinating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited January 2017
    @korpisar Good luck to you!! I developed pre-e last pregnancy, so I feel you on the bp stress. I noticed mine going up (but only slightly)...my midwife assured me that the second tri blood pressure is supposed to e lower than third, but the nagging worry is there. I hope everything on your tests comes back okay! 

@Phil413 I would just start it if you think of it. Who is going to feel put out about a thinh like that anyway?

ETA I got your back, Jack.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Phil413Phil413 member
    edited January 2017
    @longliveregina My last time I was on a thebump message board it was organized so one person started each thread every week. One person would do a meal plan Monday, another person volunteered for HDBD, etc. You didn't have to volunteer but certain people just did. It especially worked out that way if you started the idea and it became a recurring weekly thread. I'm not in the know about this for this board so that's why I said that. ETA: I saw you started a belated FFFC so thanks for that :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @longliveregina that is SOOOO cool!! And I Really love the name Alice! Super sweet!

Regarding toddlers... man my lo is a total carb boy too. Mine does cheese, yogurt and fruit really well too thankfully. Which is all I feel like his snacks are made up of these days. I did make a huge batch of turkey meatballs with spinach, shredded carrots and applesauce. Froze them and pull out to defrost for meals. He loves them!

@korpisar fingers crossed all of you results come back good!

@kjd291  I can't beleive that weekly appointments are SO close!! And yes fx that your BP stays down too!

It's hilarious bc I was like you with DS. I never understood why ppl were SO DONE. I wanted him to be as late as possible. But this time.... while I'm trying to stay positive...let's just say I wouldn't be mad if she was here early! ;-)

@Phil413 I got bloody noses with DS too. With this dry cold weather I feel like getting them again is right around the corner for me again.

How far along are you? 32 weeks tomorrow

How big is baby!? Cabbage, squash or Jicama 3.75 lbs

Upcoming appointments? We had one last week. Pretty uneventful however my Dad was in town and able to check out the birthing center where DD will be born. Which was pretty neat. Oh I was measuring 2 weeks behind. Which wasnt SUPER surprising bc DS was so small I wouldnt mind the extra ultrasounds! ;-)

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new except I am back to considering a home birth. So that research will be  big focus this week. We have no family in the area and not a lot of friends and any friends that we do have work jobs where they could not just be on call to watch DS when we go into labor. So we are meeting with a sibling Doula tomorrow. Which makes my stomach turn to consider the $$$ for pmuch an on call babysitter. We'll see. I just dont see many options 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Its 9pm so tired. 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why? Hmm.... HS would have been English as I love to read. College... bleh. I've always gone to school for what I do (read: what pays the bills) not what I like - cybersecurity. So like I said bleh. I would love to use the rest of my GI Bill for cooking or something else I enjoy!
  • Options
    How far along are you?  29 weeks 

How big is baby!? According to ovia, the size of a pineapple 

Upcoming appointments? I have one Tuesday 

Any new symptoms or changes? Lots of aches in my pelvis and hips if I do too much around the house.

Rants/Raves/Questions? All my local friends who were pregnant and due before me now have outside babies.  Can't believe ours will be next in the line up. Kind of freaking me out since this is baby 4 for us and we haven't done much to get ready.  

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why. I always liked band, choir, and English.   Band and choir because I got to socialize with a lot of my friends and it was not a sit and listen to the teacher lecture class. English because I like reading and writing creatively. 
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Options
    @vino831 I can Understand the feeling to have to put out money like that-but it sounds like a great idea that will ultimately bring lots of peace once you have someone lined up to be with your son and don't have that added labor stressor.

My mom is an hour away, and having DD watched is one of my ONLY labor concerns at the moment! Hah. ((Funny how things change from kid one to kid two)) 

What are your options for home birth!? I would really love one for my next baby! I wish there were Certified *Nurse* Midwives, like im having at the birth center this time that provided the home birth service in my area! There are only a couple CPMs quite a drive away, but maybe by the next baby I would be okay with that option.  Goodluck with your research! 
  • Options
    Thanks @kjd291 @vino831 and @longliveregina

@longliveregina I know the pain of feeding a toddler! I ended up giving mine greek yogurt all the time because of the protein. To this day - he's 5 1/2 - he is a picky eater. The only veggie he will eat is broccoli - when he was a toddler we called them little trees. I steam them will a little butter.
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @longliveregina toddlers are just hard!! Mine has the same foods every day and I start to feel guilty too.

smoothies are usually a healthy hit (good place to sneak veggies if you want)
    Some of her favorite healthier snacks--dole fruit cups, cheese sticks, raisins, larabars, 

ive tried sweet potato fries recently and she ate those. Luckly likes broccoli--but otherwise we don't get many veggies either. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 31 (and one day)

How big is baby!? asparagus!

Upcoming appointments? just had one today - regular checkup. all is well! talked about my birth plan and she has it documented. and I got all the rest of my appointments scheduled! getting so ridiculously close!

Any new symptoms or changes? just feeling uncomfortable when lying down to sleep. slight lower back pain but nothing unbearable. no real pregnancy symptoms just feeling cruddy with a mild case of the flu.

Rants/Raves/Questions? did a lot of reading last week during my staycation...was feeling a little overwhelmed between that and just reading up some of our threads here on prepping for labor (mentally and physically)! my midwife kinda calmed me down though and made me feel better about being prepared and having a better idea of what to expect when the time comes. 

GTKY: What was your favorite subject/class in school or college? Why? gosh idk. you'd think after 7 years of college/post-grad I'd have a favorite but at this point I seem to have blocked all of that out lol. I guess I didn't *mind* all my classes too much it was just the amount of studying that I hated if that makes any sense. my mind is too foggy though at the moment to really think too much about my favorite per se but I suppose you could say my therapeutics classes (where we learned the proper drug therapies to be used for each health condition) would be my least hated since that was the point of me going through post-grad :wink:
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    @vino831 I can Understand the feeling to have to put out money like that-but it sounds like a great idea that will ultimately bring lots of peace once you have someone lined up to be with your son and don't have that added labor stressor.

My mom is an hour away, and having DD watched is one of my ONLY labor concerns at the moment! Hah. ((Funny how things change from kid one to kid two)) 

What are your options for home birth!? I would really love one for my next baby! I wish there were Certified *Nurse* Midwives, like im having at the birth center this time that provided the home birth service in my area! There are only a couple CPMs quite a drive away, but maybe by the next baby I would be okay with that option.  Goodluck with your research! 
    You know, it might be different where you live, but in VA all midwives who deliver at home are CPMs...it is a totally different license depending on where you work, in a hospital birth center or in an off hospital location like a home. The training requirements for each is a little different from what I understand. Honestly in VA I would prefer a CPM at a home birth because I know that they are specifically licensed for that kind of birth.  <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kjd291 said:

You know, it might be different where you live, but in VA all midwives who deliver at home are CPMs...it is a totally different license depending on where you work, in a hospital birth center or in an off hospital location like a home. The training requirements for each is a little different from what I understand. Honestly in VA I would prefer a CPM at a home birth because I know that they are specifically licensed for that kind of birth.  <3
    i havent done a TON of research on this. But I believe a CNM has a BS in nursing and then gets a masters in midwifery? Where as the CPM is just a certification? But I could be very wrong!
  • Options
    Just an update - labs came back fine. Met with the dr today and she said she believes it's just my blood pressure creeping back up to pre pregnancy levels (I had high bp prior to pregnancy) she put me back on the bp prescription I was on pre pregnancy which is "safe" for pregnancy. Hopefully that helps! From here on out I will be having weekly non stress tests and ultrasounds to check amniotic fluid just in case.
    Anniversary

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @korpisar  Glad the labs look good! Hope its just the pre-existing issue and the meds will help!
  • Options
    kjd291 said:
    kjd291 said:

i havent done a TON of research on this. But I believe a CNM has a BS in nursing and then gets a masters in midwifery? Where as the CPM is just a certification? But I could be very wrong!
    A CPM can be a nurse but doesn't have to be. They are licensed by the state but their backgrounds can be totally different. You definitely want to do your research before choosing anyone! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    vino831vino831 member
    edited January 2017
    @korpisar   great news! 

@kjd291 I have a couple interviews with midwives this week. They are both Licensed registered nurse (RN) and certified registered nurse midwife (CNM).  Im super excited about the idea. I really only loosely thought about it at first but over the last week my heart is totally in it for SO many reasons. So I really hope to get her back into proper position soon! The only down side.... I found out insurance wont cover it AT ALL. So its now looking like we will be paying for a doula, sibling doula  (bc youre right having someone available will be so much better for minimizing stress!) and home birth. So... thank goodness DD is due after the first - there goes our tax return lol
  • Options
    @vino831 I hope you love the midwives and the interviews go well!!
    For what it's worth--even with insurance, we're still going to have to pay around 3-5thou out of pocket for this hospital birth. Ugh.