June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter time! 1/6

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter time! 1/6

• Options
    My plans are grocery shopping at some point andplanning my DD's birthday party. I'm enjoying not having plans since the rest of the weekends in January I have birthday parties. 
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    I called and cancelled my facial that I was really looking forward to. It's snowing like crazy here, after snowing yesterday. It's just not worth the stress to drive 30 minutes away and back. So I am curled up on the couch boycotting laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, taking down and putting away Christmas decorations. Thinking I might start a registry or two and get some day care research done. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good thing we have nothing planned this weekend, both kids have low grade fevers.  Welcome back to daycare after two weeks off.  Ugh.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @graceriesz speaking of a facial... my goal post baby is to start taking better care of my skin as I need to start focusing more on antiaging, etc.

Anyone use any good serums they'd recommend or found a line or individual product they can't live without??
  • Options
    @CurlyMommy416 small world! We grew up in Westfield!

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @michaela0704 My mom got me the Rodan + Fields reverse line for Christmas. I use that with my Clarisonic brush and it has transformed my skin! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @michaela0704 @Ahutch428 I use a Clarisonic brush as well and a gentle cleanser (i'm pretty sure there isn't much that could help my face right now).

p.s. still snowing...
  • Options
    @itsfine - so jealous you're going to the Packet game tomorrow, and in box seats no less!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in MA and am so bummed by the snowfall total today.  I want to say we only have about 5" on the ground thus far.  I was hoping to get over 6", but oh well.  Tis but a dusting.
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 we've got at least 6" already.  As of 2 hours ago, our street still hasn't been plowed.  Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 i'm in CT and we have about 6" now and it's still snowing. We were supposed to get 2-4"...
  • Options
    @michaela0704  I'm horrible at skin care routines but I got this all natural fruit enzyme mineral face serum stuff as a gift that I love-- the first time I used it I was horrified/ fascinated by how much dead skin came off. It's called O.R.G mineral face peel

In other weekend randomness.. We bought a car today!!!!  I've never bought a new car before but we needed to replace our 2-door 20 yo dying mustang (not exactly child friendly!). We ended up getting the VW Golf Sportwagen... shout out to @delujm0 for mentioning it in response to my car advice request. I seriously love this car. I never thought I would get so excited about a car but it's awesome to drive, I love wagons, and new cars have so much fancy stuff these days (I was sold by the power locks, haha). Hopefully I still love it when I'm hauling around the kiddo/ stroller.
    me: 33 DH:37
    married 2011
    mmc June 2016

BFP 9/26/16
    EDD 6/8/16
  • Options
    I've been having acid reflux every night when I lay down for bed. Even over 2 hours after I eat! I just had 2 clementines at 9pm. This was a bad but delicious idea. I think I'll be sleeping sitting up for awhile. Im babysitting though so I'm sure the 6 month old won't let me sleep long before she wakes up anyways. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @alm52386 I was just coming on here to say the same thing. I think mine is compounded by heartburn and the fact that I keep forgetting to take the heartburn medicine my OB gave me. 
  • Options
    @kassyfry I bought tums but it usually just bothers me when I first lay down for like 5-10 mins then goes away. Haven't tried the tums yet. I think I have indigestion too. Neither of those is painful. Just unpleasant. 
  • Options
    @alm52386 from my personal experience even before getting pregnant..... citrus is not your friend when it comes to heartburn

• Options
    rmarble23 said:
    @alm52386 from my personal experience even before getting pregnant..... citrus is not your friend when it comes to heartburn
    But it tastes so good!!!!! I just laid down so we will see what happens.
  • Options
    Stuck at home all weekend with an awful bout of bronchitis. This is the pits, man!

I'm on antibiotics and the doc gave me some super cough suppressant that is scaring the crap out of me! it says all this horrific stuff that can happen if taken while pregnant but the pharmacist says it's a matter of risk vs benefit. If I'm having a severe coughing fit, the baby isn't getting enough oxygen. So this makes it better...?

I just want to get better and not need to take this crap anymore. Nobody needs this kind of worry!!

• Options
    I worked Friday night and tonight so I'll sleep for part of the day today and then maybe DH, DS and I will go see my grandpa or just get out of the house and do something. The cold weather had us cooped up for a few days and I think DH and DS are going stir crazy. 
  • Options
    Winter has arrived in FL!  For a day or two.  I am already deciding which long pants/boots combo my daughter gets to wear today.   ;)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Everyone stay safe in the snow! We didn't get much the past 2 days, but enough that we are heading to my moms today for some sledding (and tacos!). 

Anyone read a really good books lately? I need to stop watching so much junk TV.

ETA: words
  • Options
    I have to go to work today, so I got myself up early to shovel out my car (from the plowed in parking spots), and after I got dressed and dried my hair, I went downstairs to DH coming back in from cleaning my car off and moving it over to right in front of our driveway.  I think I'll keep him around.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    alm52386 said:
    rmarble23 said:
    But it tastes so good!!!!! I just laid down so we will see what happens.
    lol i get it....i had an obsession with OJ in the morning, i was just so delicious but now i either have to make sure im taking famotidine first or i will be paying later.  

have you tried an extra pillow when you sleep to elevate your head more?

• Options
    Just woke up from what was the more glorious night of sleep I have had since becoming pregnant. Slept 9 hours and 30 minutes and only got up to pee once. Win. 
  • Options
    @alm52386, yes! The heartburn is so bad. I usually drink a little milk before bed, it usually works.
  • Options
    I went out last night alone (hubby couldn't make it) to a party at a bar. It was bizarroworld because I can't remember the last time I went to a bar much less alone.
  • Options
    @michaela0704 I have the same resolution for after the baby is born: start taking care of my skin again!  I just bought myself the (on sale) beauty counter favorites collection.  The products are safe for post-pregnancy and plant based/natural - if you're into that.  They got great EWG database scores.  I won't use them now because they have lots of natural essential oils in them and I'm paranoid about using those while pregnant.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    slssls member
    edited January 2017
    Anyone read a really good books lately? I need to stop watching so much junk TV.

I recently got around to reading a couple, well, not classics, but recently well-known stories, A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (good if you like dystopia but rather depressing, especially given the state of US politics) and Stepford WivesRosemary's Baby by Ira Levin (good voice, predictable stories since they're so much a part of pop culture).

As for something lighter and contemporary, I really liked 667 Ways to F*ck Up Your Life by Lucy Woodhull. She made me laugh out loud so many times, although the ending was a tad drawn out--we know what's gonna happen; get on with it. If you want some super sexy romance, I will always recommend The Siren by Tiffany Reisz, but be prepared to blush since it's basically a waaaaaay better version of 50 Shades that actually has a plot and a not dishwater-boring heroine.

I could go on, but I will stop now.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    @sls I love A Handmaid's tale. 

@GoodWitchoftheNorth I will throw in Angelfall by Susan Ee
    first grave on the right by darynda jones
    hangmans daughter by oliver potzsch

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    BellaO21BellaO21 member
    edited January 2017
    I feel like this was the longest weekend ever!! SS9 got out of school early Thursday and Friday because it's "too cold" (That's Tennessee for you)... he had a friend stay the night Friday night. Luckily my DH got to handle them while I worked all day Saturday. Today we went and picked up a Sonoline fetal Doppler from a girl off of FB Marketplace... and hung out with my sister and her family for a few hours before heading back home. I'm ready for Monday. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I found the heartbeat today and MAYBE felt some movement. I also was lucky and got an amazing recording earlier in the week that we sent to the grandparents. And it's nice to be able to listen to the recording whenever we want!
  • Options
    We are getting snowed/iced in tomorrow so... just taking it easy/doing stuff around the house.

As long as we don't make it onto national news for being ridiculous or another SNL episode, I'm good!

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-buford-calloway/n45830?snl=1

Are you in Atlanta?!
  • Options
    @neludelu I am... we were such the laughing stock of the nation those few days!!
  • Options

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @neludelu I am... we were such the laughing stock of the nation those few days!!
    I am from Henry Co. I feel your pain. We got no snow and no ice this weekend. I'm still sulking. 
  • Options
    kahlan82 said:
    It hurts my heart that the rest of the country can see this and the rest of our news coverage from the last week...
  • Options
    @neludelu I am in NC. We don't do much better.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    @kahlan82 that is pretty hilarious, I hadn't seen it... it was so ridiculous... the weather wasn't even supposed to start until 4pm but the governor, who I actually tend to like, asked for everyone to be off the roads by 4pm... it was just raining and well above freezing!  I was shocked how many places were closed on Saturday when there were only a handful of ice patches here and there but mostly dry streets... at least intown.

@neludelu I'm intown so I didn't pay for snowpocalypse last time like most people did, I was home in under an hour but I don't have to take highways to get there... it took me 30 minutes to get from my parking deck past everyone trying to get on the highway 3 blocks away.  We also only got some sleet accumulation/ice but for the most part it was just cold, streets were dry.