January 2016 Moms

Current schedules

What is everyone's current schedule with their LO? When do they wake up, eat, naps, bedtime, etc. I feel like I'm failing this week!! I can't decide if Graham wants 1 or 2 naps, sometimes he sleeps through the night and sometimes he doesn't, sometimes he eats food and sometimes he throws it all to the dogs. Just when I thought we were getting on a predictable schedule, it all goes out the window. I'm going crazy over here!!

Re: Current schedules

• cali1710cali1710 member
    edited January 2017
    I have found that since Christmas she has been thrown off. I think she needs her routine back, which will happen Monday. But we have this as our usual schedule:

630-7: wake up
    730: breakfast and bottle
    10: snack (if shes hungry)
    1030/11-1/130: nap
    130: lunch and bottle
    330/4: snack
    5/530: dinner and bottle
    6: routine
    630: bedtime. 
  • grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
    edited January 2017
    Mine is similar to above, except she gets her morning bottle on wakeup, and evening bottle about 30 minutes before bed. + afternoon nap sometimes. Bedtime is around 730pm.
  • Loading the player...
  • 6-6:30: Up for the day
    7:30: Breakfast and bottle
    9:30: Snack
    11:30-12: Lunch
    12-12:30: Nap
    3: Snack
    5-5:30 Dinner
    6:30: Bath
    7-7:30: Bottle and bedtime

He has been fighting his morning nap, so about a month ago the daycare had him only doing one nap.  Sometimes if he doesn't sleep well the night before he will have two naps.
  • 7:30-8: Wake up & nurse
    Eat breakfast (puffs, yogurt, eggs if I have time)
    10-11: nap (if he's home, daycare he only gets one)
    10:30: snack
    12: nurse & eat lunch (whatever we're having and/or pouch) 
    1-3: nap at daycare; more like 2:30-3:30 if at home
    3: snack
    6: nurse & eat dinner 
    8: nurse & bedtime

I think we will move him to only one nap this weekend, it seems like he may be ready for it
  • Ours is:

7/7:15ish Wakeup
    9-10ish Nap 1
    2-4ish Nap 2
    7:15/7:30ish Bedtime

He nurses after every wakeup and before each sleep, so 6x/day, and eats a solids meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I need to start adding in snacks. He wakes up 0-1 time per night (except the three times last night! Hoping it was a fluke and not the beginning of a new trend).
  • ok.
    8:30/9-up for the day&nurse
    -breakfast asap

11-nurse&snack

12:30 lunch 

1:30/2 nap/ nurse down and pray to Jesus that it last longer than 30 min.

2-2:30 up/ nurse

3:30/4 snack/nurse

5:30 dinner

7:30 bath

8:30 nurse/snack maybe?

9:30/10:30 bed/nurse

1am nurse

3am nurse

6am nurse 

Holy moly, seeing it written out no wonder I'm dying.

• 7:30/8 wake up and bottle 
    9:30 breakfast 
    1030/11-1130/12 nap
    12:30 lunch and bottle
    2:30/3 nap
    4:00 bottle and snack 
    6:00 dinner
    730/8 bottle and bedtime 
  • 6am: wake up and nurse 

8am:solid breakfast 

9am-1030/11-nurse & nap 1 

12/1230- solid lunch 

130/2- nurse & nap 2 (usually anywhere from 30 mins - hour really been fighting me on this one on and off) 

530- dinner
    6pm- bedtime routine 
    630/700- asleep 

he nurses and snacks as he wants through out the day! 

• Daycare's schedule is all off, but at home it goes like this:

630-7 wake up and nurse 
    730/8 breakfast 
    9 ish nurse and nap
    11ish nurse
    1130/12 lunch
    1/130 nurse and nap
    230/3 nurse
    4/430 dinner
    6 nurse and bed 

She used to sleep through the night, but more recently she has been up a few times to nurse. I think it's bc my supply is so low. I feel bad, but she won't take a bottle from me, and the pedi doesn't want us giving her dairy, so I'm at a loss of what to do. I feel like I need to give her more snacks, but I already feel like all she is doing is eating all day. But I guess that's normal?
  • 8-8:30 (baby is woken up, won't wake up unless woken)
    9 breakfast+fruit +#1bottle
    10-30/ 11-nap#1 (1 hr 15mins, starting to stretch it out to 1 1/2 hrs)
    12:30-1 lunch+#2bottle
    2:30- fruit snack + water(keeps her full during nap 2)
    3/330-nap #2 (1 hr-1 15mins)
    4pm snack+#3 bottle
    7:30-dinner, bath, #4bottle
    8pm- asleep
    Sleeping through the night, no feeds or wake up. (finally)

• 6:00-6:30 wake & nurse
    7:00-7:30 breakfast
    9:00/9:30 nurse or bottle and nap 1
    10 snack
    11:45/12 lunch
    1:30ish nurse or bottle and nap 2
    3 snack
    5-5:30ish nurse
    6 dinner
    6:45-7:15ish nurse and bedtime

She is usually a short cat napper during the day (20-40 min. naps) and wakes at least once a night still to nurse. 

• On weekends our schedule is:
    5:00-6:00: wake up
    5:30 or whenever he wakes up: nurse
    6:30-7: breakfast
    7:30: nurse
    8-9:30: nap
    9:30: nurse
    10:30: snack
    11:30 lunch
    12 nurse
    3 snack
    5:30 dinner
    6:30 nurse then bed

He's usually up once or twice a night still :(
  • 6-wake up and bottle
    730 oatmeal or pancakes (I prep and take to daycare.)
    8:30-9:30 nap (her room at daycare only naps in the afternoon, so they're taking her back to the infant room to nap. If she's at home, she'll nap for 2+ hours sometime.)
    9:30 snack (Puffs, veggie straws, fruit, etc.)
    11:00 lunch (at daycare, they get whatever the school lunch is cut up really small. She eats all of it every day, so why mess with success? At home, she gets leftovers or something like cheese and lunchmeat.)
    12:00 nap (at daycare. Our nap runs more 1:30 or 2.) She'll sleep for a solid 2 hours.
    3:00 Snack and sippy cup with some formula
    5:30 pickup from daycare, and she will occasionally cat nap on the way home.
    6 dinner (solid food--whatever we're eating, and if we're doing fast food, she'll get fruit and cereal. Last night, she ate oatmeal with strawberries in it, a half of a pear, and a ton of cheerios.)
    7 start bedtime routine--if we do bath, 6:45
    7:30 bottle and bed. 
    She'll sleep soundly for a few hours, but we're dealing with night terrors, so by midnight/1, I've given up and moved her to our bed. We're side-carring the crib tonight. She'll have 3-4 a night, but just requires some soothing--no bottles, etc.)
  • *Lurking from Feb and reading this with interest - it's a glimpse into our future*

Many of your babies are down to 1 nap now. When did they make that transition?
  • =caenis= said:
    *Lurking from Feb and reading this with interest - it's a glimpse into our future*

Mine started early.. 9 months. Mainly because of our daytime schedule and activities she was in. Now that she walks she sometimes had two naps but usually one still. They will let you know when they want one. Mine was tired but would never want her second nap after fighting it for close to a month I moved her morning nap up 
  • cali1710 said:
    =caenis= said:
    *Lurking from Feb and reading this with interest - it's a glimpse into our future*

Mine started early.. 9 months. Mainly because of our daytime schedule and activities she was in. Now that she walks she sometimes had two naps but usually one still. They will let you know when they want one. Mine was tired but would never want her second nap after fighting it for close to a month I moved her morning nap up 

Like @cali1710 said you'll know when your babe starts refusing the second nap consistently for a long time. I would make sure not to give up on it too soon because my little guy refused almost every day for two weeks but I kept trying and he went right back to taking them. All babies are ready at different times though. I know mine isn't because he still NEEDS his morning nap by about 9 so there's no way I can push that back to drop to one yet! 
  • Interesting to see the variation.

We are usually:

Up between 6:30-7:30.
    Bottle when he wakes.
    Breakfast around 8:00.
    Bottle around 10:00
    Nap from 10:00/10:30-11:30/12:00
    Lunch at 12:30
    Bottle at 2:30
    Nap from 2:30/3:00-4:00ish
    Dinner around 5:00
    Bottle around 7:00
    Bed around 7:30

Lots of cheerios thrown in there at random times haha

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• @nlwz123 Hahahahaha so many cheerios. I also find pomegranates work well too but messy
  • I second cheerios, lots of those. And yogis (yogurt melts), my child loves those things.
  • what else are you guys doing for snacks?  I feel like he's one cheerio away from turning into one.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• For snacks we do puffs, blueberries, grapes, banana/sweet potato wafers and sometimes cheese. 
  • There are an awful lot of cheerios in our lives too but LO loves the Plum Organics fruit bars and we also do fruit and cheese. 
  • Oh good, my LO isn't the only one who thinks Cheerios is an entire food group.

For other snacks I try to give her as many different fruits and veggies as possible. Sometimes cheese or cottage cheese. Rice crackers in a jam. 
  • Cheerios all the time lol. But we do pomegranates, other fruits, anyone give their kids goldfish? Wasnt sure if they were ok to give
  • Cuties! They're in season right now, and my LO will devour until you cut her off! My husband was peeling one for her, and he set half a cutie on her tray to tear the segments on the other half apart. The next thing you know--she had grabbed that half, shoved the whole thing in her mouth and gummed it to death!

• cali1710 said:
    Cheerios all the time lol. But we do pomegranates, other fruits, anyone give their kids goldfish? Wasnt sure if they were ok to give
    A doctor shamed my coworker for giving her (much older) kids goldfish. I think they are salty and nutritionally void, so I personally avoid them... Man are they delicious though.
  • Cuties! They're in season right now, and my LO will devour until you cut her off! My husband was peeling one for her, and he set half a cutie on her tray to tear the segments on the other half apart. The next thing you know--she had grabbed that half, shoved the whole thing in her mouth and gummed it to death!

Lol, I had to look this up. "Mandarins" for anyone else whose living under the same rock as me. :) My LO loves them too.
  • l4rk said:
    Cuties! They're in season right now, and my LO will devour until you cut her off! My husband was peeling one for her, and he set half a cutie on her tray to tear the segments on the other half apart. The next thing you know--she had grabbed that half, shoved the whole thing in her mouth and gummed it to death!

Lol, I had to look this up. "Mandarins" for anyone else whose living under the same rock as me. :) My LO loves them too.
    You don't call them cuties?! whaaaa?!

So, are you all putting them back in the highchair for snack time?  I can't imagine giving him fruit when he's not in it.  So messy.  Also, I feel like I give him A LOT of fruit.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016

• We actually call my son the cutie killer because he will eat sooooooooo many. I don't think he would stop if I didn't stop giving it to him haha also I would like to alter my schedule to include a 5am wake up the past week... I really hope it's the 3 molars coming in causing this and that it will go back to normal when they're done 
  • kaym6 said:
    We actually call my son the cutie killer because he will eat sooooooooo many. I don't think he would stop if I didn't stop giving it to him haha also I would like to alter my schedule to include a 5am wake up the past week... I really hope it's the 3 molars coming in causing this and that it will go back to normal when they're done 
    My husband gave her 4 one day. FOUR. Let's just say, in that quantity, they look pretty much the same coming out. I had to put a strict one-cutie-per-day limit on them. 
    @nlwz123 We do high chair for everything except the occasional puffs and/or teething biscuits. My LO is now to the point where she either wants to smear everything in her hair, or crush it in her fist before putting it in her mouth. 
  • Lol yes, smearing in the hair, crushing in the fist, and also smearing on the legs is a sometimes fun thing for LO. After she does it she's upset that she's a mess though  :|
  • @l4rk Cheerios and noodles are their own food groups I'm pretty sure. The amount of noodles this kid can put away is incredible...