BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC Time!!! 1/6

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PerraSucia- I feel your pain.  Caught a stomach bug and have been thinking this very very often right now.  I buy the flushable moist wipes for that very reason 

• Options
    Re: Being a SAHM - I am having the opposite dilemma... I plan to go back to work after maternity leave, but I am afraid it will be too hard. I just recently got a new job that pays much better, so financially it still makes sense for me to work, despite the cost of daycare. I am hoping I will feel ok when I go back... Baby won't go to daycare until he's about 5 months (my H will stay home for a few weeks when I go back, and then my mom will take him for a few weeks), and he will be just across the parking lot at my work. People I know who send their kids there love it, and the teachers are totally fine with you dropping in whenever you want to breastfeed, or just to say hi. 

I do think that if we have another baby in the next couple of years (which is our tentative plan), I may be a SAHM. Paying for two kids in daycare is no joke. I'm kind of treating being a working mom as a temporary thing (or at least not decidedly permanent), and we will see how it goes over the next year.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Re: Being a SAHM

Part of me is having major anxiety about having TWO kids at home. Especially with my husband's last year of school and his work schedule. He literally is at school 2 days a week from sunrise to sunset, and then the remaining 3 days he works the same schedule. When he comes home, he usually has school work to do and is exhausted. He always makes time for me and my son, but I worry about the stress it puts on him. I also worry that the constant 24/7 demand of 2 kids will drive me slightly crazy without any break. My MIL claims she'll watch my oldest 2 afternoons a week, but she's saying she will for the last 6 months and.... *crickets*.... 
  • Options

I do think that if we have another baby in the next couple of years (which is our tentative plan), I may be a SAHM. Paying for two kids in daycare is no joke. I'm kind of treating being a working mom as a temporary thing (or at least not decidedly permanent), and we will see how it goes over the next year.
    This was a major deciding factor for me to continue staying home with my son. Daycare pricing can be ridiculous, and trying to get them a spot in a program can be difficult too- double that with two kids and it can be a headache! We've been looking for a part time program for my oldest and have yet to find one in our area. I refuse to drive 45 minutes, to drop him off for 3 hours and then turn around to pick him up. 
  • Options
    I'm totally having anxiety about staying at home, which totally threw me too! I have a 1.5 hour commute, plus 9 hour workday, plus DH travels 3 days a week, so it's just not feasible. I don't know how long I'll be off, but I know it won't be permanent either. But, I do like my job, love my coworkers and make decent money. So it will be hard to give that up. Plus, knowing my H is gone a few days gives me anxiety that there may be days where I have no adult interaction at all. I figured give it some time and make it work for now, it doesn't have to be the rest of my life.   And I also keep telling myself to suck it up and be happy I have an option. 
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem, @madamerwin. I'm planning on returning to work--which has always and forever been my plan, even before we started TTC--and I'm suddenly really nervous that it's going to be awful and I'm going to want to stay home. We could probably swing it financially, but I love my job and I've always thought the daily adult interaction would be important for me. I think maybe I'm just having some general anxiety about the baby arriving, and this is where it's choosing to direct itself?
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @leslie1331 the idea of going without adult interaction for a day is scary to me too. Maybe you can find a mom group in your area that hopefully meets on days when your husband is traveling? Some places I've found that do them are the hospital and library or you could checkout meetup.com to see if there are any in your area. I'm sure there are lots more places too that I just haven't found yet.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Options
    @homemake yes! Thankfully I have my part time photography business that gives me adult interaction, and I'm a part of a creative Meetup group. Having things that make you "you" and not only "mommy" or "wife" are the key to staying sane! now I'm wondering how I'm going to find time for it all... lol

All I want is some sleep! 
  • Options
    FFFC: I finally started gaining some weight instead of losing it, and I'm not sure how to feel about that.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • Options
    @leslie1331 the idea of going without adult interaction for a day is scary to me too. Maybe you can find a mom group in your area that hopefully meets on days when your husband is traveling? Some places I've found that do them are the hospital and library or you could checkout meetup.com to see if there are any in your area. I'm sure there are lots more places too that I just haven't found yet.
    Well she can always hang out with me ;-)  @leslie1331 I am not sure what my days will look like,  especially in the Fall when all 3 of mine will be in school,  but I will have no other friends with baby babies,  so we can totally hang out.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We actually planned on me staying at home after this dude was born but my older guy still going to preschool. Then while I was pregnant we decided we weren't ready to get rid of our second income.  Maybe in a couple years we will reevaluate. I remember sobbing dropping my big guy off at daycare for like a month when I went back. But to be honest there came a point where now when we are off for a week together I'm like "okay school go ahead and start" 16 hours a day. 
  • Options
    @Partyof6? Deal!!!! That makes me feel better :) 
  • Options
    LC12261012LC12261012 member
    edited January 2017
    +1 to being so scared of what life as a sahm of two will look like. It's easy to get out of the house with just my DD for a few hours but I know that won't be the case for the first few months once baby is here. We also thrive on routine, and a newborn will be throwing a monkey wrench in that as well. Some days with just one kid at home all day is draining, what the hell have I gotten myself into? 

I just stared staying home about a year ago, when DD was a little over two because our babysitter went back to work and daycare was not going to be financially possible. We decided last year was a good time to TTC since I was already home, and I plan to stay home until this baby is in school full time or if we have another until that child is in school full time. Eventually I would like to return to the work force but that seems so far off I'm terrified it will be SO hard with such a big gap on my resume. I try to tell myself I will cross that bridge when I come to it because if I think too much it gets really stressful. 
  • Options
    @ChaoticWolf I'm in the same category as you, but I think the only reason I've put on any weight at all is because I've been eating way more sugary stuff than I should >> <<
  • Options
    MommaBean said:
    FFFC: the only time I do my kegels is when I sneeze. 
    Or when you read or hear the word kegel?
    We should just have a rotating band of people who mention kegels every day in the weekly randoms. Because that's the only time I remember to do it.
    Yes to ALL of this.
  • Options
    @concreteangell yes so much this! After I had DS I remember thinking wth where did that come from? Now I'm just like whatever, once I have all my kids maybe I'll get some sort of laser therapy or just continue rocking my stripes.