March 2017 Moms
Options

TGIF 1/6/17 (Friday Ticker Change)

This is for the lovely March Mommas with 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31 EDDs!

How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives

Where do you feel baby move the most?

Now that baby is growing, do you feel him/her in any new places
?

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)

Re: TGIF 1/6/17 (Friday Ticker Change)

• Options

How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives
    ?  31 weeks.. hoping for 9 more

Where do you feel baby move the most? she hiccups and punches down low.. and kicks E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.

? not really. I carry low and with DS I think I only felt him in my ribs once so I am hoping this one follows suit

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? besides the insane nesting I posted in a different thread, not really. just an intensifying of all symptoms i suppose

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth? google lol not for researching scary stuff but I'll look up positive birth stories or ways to prep body for labor. 

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)? DH got me a top of the line sewing machine this year bc he knows I want to learn. (he got it on wicked sale for black friday, i was so proud.) I knew I was getting it though bc he wanted to check with me first to make sure i wouldn't be offended lol

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? moving! we are still waiting on orders and have no idea where or when we are moving. hopefully before August. I am just so tired of being in limbo and we are quickly going to grow out of our current apartment.
  • Options
    @Gators&BoSox the sewing machine sounds like such a great gift!! I am dying to learn how to sew as well! 
    ? 30w now... approx. 2 months until baby will likely arrive for me

Where do you feel baby move the most? I don't know if there is a specific place I feel her move the most, but when she is kicking around a lot I greatly enjoy watching my upper abdomen bounce around like crazy. It's also fun to show others without having their hands all over me lol. Also, I am in the same boat with the constant baby hiccups

? She likes to headbutt my cervix on occasion... And it hurts! And it makes me feel like I need to pee immediately...

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? At our growth scan this week, baby was measuring in on the 43rd percentile which is pretty normal. However, her head circumference was measuring a bit more than that... Physically she probably gets her big head from her dad, but metaphorically she probably gets it from me lol 

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth? I've been relying on other people's experiences - that has been really helpful to me. Luckily no one is sharing horror stories with me - they've been very encouraging and supportive. 

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)? My godson, who is 10, built baby a bookshelf (with help from his dad) and even sanded and painted it to match the nursery. Then, my two goddaughters went around their elementary/middle school collecting kids books to fill it with. You could try to tell me they are not the most adorable godchildren ever, but I straight up wouldn't believe you.

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? My parents are moving cross country to be closer to us (now they will only be about an hour away). I am beyond ecstatic - this is the first time we have lived in the same state together in over a decade!! I am counting down the days... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 how exciting to have your parents closer! and yes to the cervix smashing...i think LO has a personal vendetta against the thing
  • Options
    @JustAnotherUsername16 @Gators&BoSox honestly the cervix smashing is the worst. Daily. 

How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 30 weeks! C-section is officially scheduled for March 13th, so 2 months and a week at the most.

Where do you feel baby move the most? looow. Near my c-section scar. Definitely get lots of headbutts to the cervix. Occasionally feel a foot up near my ribs. Thankfully not often.

? Nowhere new. He's been pretty everywhere for awhile.

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Nope! Started a new probiotic that has helped immensley with the constipation/loose stools back and forth. TMI but HOLLA to regular poops for the first time in forever.

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth? Nope. Second time around means not nearly as much researching. I know I'm having a c-section and been there, so. The only thing I'm worried about is if my water breaks or I go into labor before my scheduled date.

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)? Oooh tough one. I don't have one standing out to me right now. When we got home a few weeks ago we had an anonymous card in the mail with $200 in it. Unfortunately for my friend, I sat next to her for 4 years in undergrad and know her handwriting. But I let her have her fun after she explained that she gets self-worth from giving to other people (no kids, no loans, her and her husband have a house). It was so thoughtful though, it made me teary.

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? DH being done with his last semester of classes. Still have 2 more years of grad work, but he'll be done with classes and hopefully less stressed out.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 31 weeks. I'm guessing I've got about 6 weeks left, by my OB says anytime from 1 to 10.5 weeks. Yikes!

Where do you feel baby move the most? Two spots - one on my right around my waist (legs I think) and another on the left side halfway between my belly button and hip bone (hand or head?). Baby is transverse in the same position DS was.

? I think that baby's little legs are getting closer and closer to my ribs and liver.

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? I generally feel like I have less energy. I need to do more baby prep, but I've been sick the last three weekends.

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth? My hospital as a really good, but simple birth plan form that I think is helpful. I'm happy to share it if anyone wants it - just PM me! I'm trying for a VBAC so I've been reading everything I can about them, but I'm a little frustrated. A lot of the information out there is very "natural/crunchy"...I have no issue with it, but it's not my thing. I need an article titled "VBAC for Epidural Lovers".

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)? My pregnant brain can't process old memories right now.

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? Summer. It was -8 this morning....I can't deal with the cold anymore. In all seriousness, we plan to buy a house this spring/summer, so I'm really excited about that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KellyT22 "VBAC for Epidural Lovers" made me cackle. I'm not nearly brave enough to try for VBAC (plus against doctors orders after I tore vertically, would have had to switch hospitals blah blah) so props to you. I would also need that article if I were trying.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 29 weeks! I was put on bed rest at 34 weeks with DS and induced at 37 weeks so I really don't know what to expect this go around. Everything seems to be right on track so hopefully I can make it all the way.

Where do you feel baby move the most? On my right side of the body...I rarely feel her on the left which I think is interesting

? I feel like shes really low. I have no idea her positioning inside me so I cant tell what is kicking what just yet.

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Heartburn----HOLY COW. I never had this with my first and I literally thought I was breathing fire the other night. It woke me up from a dead sleep and I was up all night after that.

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth? Since this is my second, I really haven't been researching anything. I am real nervous about childbirth this go around though. With DS, everything happened so fast and I had him naturally but wasn't mentally prepared for that.

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)? I know this is going to sound cheesy but my husband gave me a leather bound journal the first Christmas we were married. Anytime he would usually buy a card (birthday, Christmas, Anniversary) he writes me a page in this journal. I love it because it is always something I will have and all my letters are right there without having to flip through cards and stuff.

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? My sister is getting married! Although it is in June so I will only be about 2 months post baby, I am excited to be her matron of honor and support her!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Options
    @datalover13 I don't think there is such a thing as TMI in this group anymore. Honestly, I love that about this group... Also, the gift from you friend from undergrad was very kind. And good luck to DH finishing grad school! The last stretch is hard, but he is ALMOST THERE!

@KellyT22 or just "Childbirth for Epidural Lovers". I would ABSOLUTELY read that book. Brilliant idea.

@MyDG620 I had zero idea what position LO was in either until my growth scan this week - she just seems like she is everywhere. Also, I absolutely LOVE that journal idea - how incredibly thoughtful and meaningful between the two of y'all!
  • Options

30 weeks! I'm assuming 10.. not really sure.. have never done this before! I'm measuring a week ahead.. but I think that just means big baby.

Where do you feel baby move the most?

Kicks around the right side of my belly.. but baby likes to do the wave from side to side.  

?

Starting to feel baby a little higher up and a little lower down! I also get the cervix smash! 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)

Oh the heartburn... so great! That and I'm totally feeling pregnant now, bumping into things with my bump.  

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth

These apps! My friend told me to read Ina may: guide to child birth. It's a little too natural and hippy like for my liking but there are some good points in the book! 

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)

Totally can't think... this baby of course!
  • Options
    Last question didnt post.. GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)

Not having to work! A baby will be a WHOLE new type of work, but being able to do what I want and not have to book time off will be great! Canada is having their 150th anniversary so camping at all provincial parks will be free this year! Hopefully baby likes camping! 
  • Options
    katem-3katem-3 member
    edited January 2017
    1. 30 weeks! At my last appointment the office had me written down as 10 days ahead of what I was told my date was... Need to confirm at the next appointment! I feel she will come earlier for some reason but I really have no idea!
    2. She is still all over the place. Doctor confirmed she was head down at the last appt but really she rolls/kicks/punches all over. Sitting off on my left side from what I have felt though.
    3. Like I said, all over so not really... The hiccups are a strange sensation though!
    4. Being sick this week has been horrible for my sleep. Still managing to roll sort of on my stomach though as I am still pretty small (even with a wedge and/or pillow). Don't think she really enjoys it!
    5. Just started a six week set of classes - hoping they will enlighten me because I feel pretty clueless!
    6. Probably would have to be my horse that I got about 8 years ago!
    7. I am with @Niko1e on this one - work has been stressing me out so I am looking forward to the break from it. I also am super excited for the free park passes too! Hoping to get to a few throughout the summer! BC/Alberta Also really looking forward to getting into fitness again. I am feeling really positive about this upcoming year!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How many weeks to you anticipate is left until baby arrives? 31 weeks!!! We are hoping 34/35 with schedule c section Jan 30! (How did I managed to now maybe become a Jan mom)

Where do you feel baby move the most? Left side. Bottom where their feets are ( I also have an anterior placenta)

? They aren't pretty stuck in there... they don't have room to turn 

Any interesting pregnancy developments (for you or baby)? Interesting no.... but my carpal tunnel is really bad now... on both hands. I have developed this new extra meat on a part of my gum in my mouth that's not painful and doc said should go away after babies are here....

As we approach the final stretch of pregnancy, are there any resources that have been helpful for you in preparing for childbirth?  Monodi twins mom group on Facebook has been a life saver and the sIUGR group 

GTKY Post Christmas Edition: Best gift you have ever received (it doesn't have to be from Christmas)?  I didn't get any gifts this year ....

GTKY Post NYE Edition: What is one thing you are looking forward to this year (besides LOs arrival)? lol that's about it... them arriving!! Hopefully safe happy and healthy....  

SaveSave