January 2017 Moms

Anyone else having a last minute freakout about naming their kiddo?

I know there's a name thread buried here somewhere, so sorry if its gauche to add a new one - but is anyone else freaking out a bit that the name they chose "isn't good enough"? or that you may not be choosing the right one?

Hubs and I had pretty much settled on "Cora Isabelle" but now I'm not sure... and I don't know why...

I'm looking for a few words of advice - both on how to get over the fear of messing up naming a kid (which literally sticks with them for life), and as to what you think of the choices.

choices are:

-Cora Isabelle
-Eva Olivia
-Lorelai Everly
-Eloise (We would call her Lola) Quinn
-Estelle (We would call her Stella) Louise
-Ruby Eleanor

Any advice is helpful.

Re: Anyone else having a last minute freakout about naming their kiddo?

• I'm no help but I know the feeling and I am due today! I personally like your Cora and Ruby :)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Eloise Quinn and Estelle Louise and your original name! Lorelai Quinn would be super cute too!
    And I completely understand I actually am in the same boat. Our first name is solid, but I don't know about the middle names. I want my kids to have 2 like me and the 2nd one honors a grandparent. So Lynn is her 2nd middle name since that covers every female on my side. But we may stop after her, even though I want at least 3. And my sons middle name honors my grandfather who passed while I was pregnant with him. So I was thinking of making her first middle name Anne to honor my fiances mother and grandmother. And I'm having issues with the spelling of her name. 
    Delanie Kaye Lynn Dickey nn Lanie is what we have currently. 
    I prefer Delainey Kaye Lynn Dickey nn Lainey. 
    Delainey/Delanie Anne Lynn Dickey is what I was thinking of the last week. 

• Loading the player...
  • Naming kids IS a big deal. They're stuck with it forever. You'll know when you meet your baby what their name should be. Sometimes it's what you've been planning all along, sometimes it's something completely different.

For two of your choices, why wouldn't you just name her the nicknames you would want to call her?
    DD1: EDD 12/21/11 - Born 11/24/11 at 36w1d
    DD2: EDD 1/16/17 - Born 1/12/17 at 39w3d
  • I agree with PP, when you see her, you will know! That's a big part of why we chose not to tell anyone our baby's name until she is born, in case we have a last minute change. 
  • My husband and I are going through something similar, we've always had 2 names picked out and decided to wait till we meet her to decide which one to name her. But recently we've been throwing in other names too, honestly I think you'll go back to the one you originally liked just becuase there was a reason you settled on that one to begin with. Even though we have like 7 names, I think the original 2 are still the top 2 contenders because they actually have meaning lol but I agree, picking out a forever name for someone else is nerve-wracking 
  • I vote Cora Isabelle. Sweet name.

DH won't pick a name for Ds2. I want to name him Colt James. DH kinda likes Colt, kinda likes Weston. I think Weston is too harsh. My due date is a week and a few days. I hope he figures it out or I'll be taking charge and naming this child like I did the last one! It's driving me nuts not having a set name. Probably wait to see baby before we decide. 
  • I love the name you picked out. I'm due next week and we have no names picked out. My husband picked one name in these 9 months and it's my nephews middle name and I'm not a huge fan. I feel that once you see your baby you will be sold!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Try not too worry. I was nameless for a month before my parents could finally agree and I think my baby may well be in the same boat - hubby and I like very different names. We've just recently come up with a list of 3 we both kinda like but I have feeling his name will end up being something else entirely after we meet him.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love Cora, such a cute name!  We're having a struggle with names too, my husband had one he liks, Charles William but I don't like the formal names.  I'm ok with Charlie for short but still can't get on board.  I'm already overdue, so I'm running out of time!!
  • Omg my c section is In 9 days and I have no idea what to name my son! His brother is Alexander I love that name wish I could reuse it lol.
  • Thanks all!!! I'm at 39+3 now...and still no clue where to go.  I think you're all right - we'll know when we meet her!!!
  • curlysue22curlysue22 member
    edited January 2017
    I love your taste in names!  Eva & Olivia are both really popular right now, if that sways you at all, but really you can't go wrong with any of the names on that list, in my opinion.

And yes, also freaking out last minute about names. This is girl #2 for us and have had to talk myself into the name we're probably going with.
    Jan. 2017 Sept. Siggy Challenge - Pumpkin Spice Gone TOO Far!

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 2/3/16 --> MC 2/13/16
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was supposed to name my baby Liam I called him Liam my whole pregnancy and his name is Wyatt today, he is five months officially! I changed his name when I had him because I kept calling him Liam he kept crying but when I tried calling him Wyatt he got quiet and stared at me so he choose his name lol