July 2017 Moms

*UPDATE* Need some encouragement

Rochelle2012Rochelle2012 member
edited January 2017 in July 2017 Moms
*update* 

14w2d heard the heartbeat instantly as we were going through our appointment a good and strong 145bpm! Thank you so much ladies for all your kind words :)

Hey ladies and congratulations on all your wonderful pregnancies ☺️☺️

Hubby and I conceived almost immediately for this babe (took a while for our DD) so we were thrilled to find out just before Halloween that we were expecting # 2! My symptoms have all been very similar (minus this time around having severe heartburn, ouch lol). 

I had some small spotting/bleeding issues around 5.5 weeks but after going to emergency they basically just sent me back home because it was really too early on to tell anything and that was fine but it has really shaken me. I haven't had any bleeding since then besides a tiny bit of brown when I wiped once or twice. I'm currently just having appointments with my nurse practitioner and last Friday at 12.5 weeks we tried the Doppler, but unfortunately couldn't pick up a heartbeat. (they don't have an ultrasound machine at this office). I am going back when I am a little over 14 weeks to try again, but don't see my OB until I am about 16/17 weeks. I have a small belly, still have symptoms and am trying not the let this get to me because I know it can be common not to hear the heartbeat for some women even up to 16 weeks. 

Sorry for for the long post, just looking for some words of encouragement as I'm trying to keep my cool in front of my family but it's just hard being so emotional (as you all know lol) 

xo
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: *UPDATE* Need some encouragement

• Take a deep breath. Spotting is nothing to be alarmed over, and yes I know it's easier said than done as I have freaked out every single time I noticed blood. The heartbeat at this stage is tough to find and if your baby is hiding - even worse. I'd take comfort in knowing your OB isn't worried. That does mean a lot.

Right now now you are pregnant. Depending on where you live they have independent 3D ultrasound places that will see you once you are 12 weeks, that's an option if you want to see your baby and rest your mind. Just know pregnancy is a mindfuck and you never quite feel safe - you will even be checking on your baby at 6 months old when they aren't snoring like normal or sleep later than usual. Take that deep breath, you are in for a wild ride ;) 
  • Thank you @Dcwtada ☺️☺️ My first pregnancy had zero issues and I didn't feel stressed at all so this is allllll new territory for me lol when I thought round 2 would be a breeze lol.

My daughter is 2 now and I'm still a worry wart about everything her! haha motherhood is a wild ride for sure!
  • Loading the player...
  • ^^ what she said. Couldn't have said it better. 

It's easier said than done, but try to relax. I hope the next two weeks fly by for you so you can get some peace of mind from your doctor. 
  • Dcwtada said:
    Take a deep breath. Spotting is nothing to be alarmed over, and yes I know it's easier said than done as I have freaked out every single time I noticed blood. The heartbeat at this stage is tough to find and if your baby is hiding - even worse. I'd take comfort in knowing your OB isn't worried. That does mean a lot.

Right now now you are pregnant. Depending on where you live they have independent 3D ultrasound places that will see you once you are 12 weeks, that's an option if you want to see your baby and rest your mind. Just know pregnancy is a mindfuck and you never quite feel safe - you will even be checking on your baby at 6 months old when they aren't snoring like normal or sleep later than usual. Take that deep breath, you are in for a wild ride ;) 
    All of this. Perfectly said. 

Depending on the the location of your placenta (anterior), it could be obstructing and causing the issue with being able to find the HB using a Doppler. Sometimes HBs can't be found with a Doppler till closer to 14 weeks. Take a deep breath and trust that your OB will monitor your situation. Pregnancy is most definitely a crazy ride, the anxiety can be paralyzingly at times for sure. Big hugs, and I hope to hear a positive update from you in a few weeks! 
  • Couldn't say anything more than the ladies before me. I totally understand your concerns and I know I would feel the same way. Hope these few weeks fly by for you until you can get a peek at your baby <3

keep us posted. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• This happened to me at my 13 week appointment, couldn't find the heartbeat I was about to lose my mind. She sent me to the hospital to get an ultrasound and there it was, wiggling and going strong! Not even out of the womb and already scaring us to death.  I had an anterior placenta with my first which can really make heartbeats difficult to pick up when you are not far along. Can't say more than what's already been said, but I'm with ya and second all the other ladies. 
  • You have already received some good advice.   I would just add that it took my midwife a long time to find the heartbeat at my last appointment, which totally freaked me out.  Then she lost the signal and couldn't find it again.  I was totally worried right up until my follow up ultrasound when we saw baby moving and measuring ahead.  Hard to do but try to remain calm- when baby is still so small it can be hard to pick up the signal.
  • I know it's hard not to worry. If it helps, my doctor doesn't even try to find a heartbeat with a Doppler until week 14 or so.

I've only heard the heartbeat with a transvaginal ultrasound.
  • This is exactly what I needed ! Thank you all s much! I will update this post after my next appointment ! @Twinkiedoll @caribbeanmama @shanana1234567 @yellow1daisy @supermom83 @ginger1228 @Dcwtada
  • MrsN092714MrsN092714 member
    edited January 2017
    I had spotting with my first (who's now a wild 1 year old!) at around 5 weeks.  Same thing, not much to see on the ultrasound.  It shook me to the core.  Even after seeing the baby and hearing a heartbeat I didn't tell anyone until I was 18 weeks along and felt movement.  
    Spotting, although terrifying, is 'normal'.  It's also a cruel mind game.  There are so many reasons that it would be hard to find a heartbeat with a doppler and although that causes nothing but more stress know it's once again normal.  I hope these next few weeks fly by for you, waiting for a scan sucks but seeing your baby wiggling around in there will be worth the wait.  
    The fact that you are still having symptoms, haven't had cramping and have had no more bleeding for weeks, and that your Dr doesn't seem worried is a great sign! Send lots of love to your growing baby and definitely update us all after you do get your scan!  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Hang in there!  Hoping to see a positive report back from you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I was 10 w 5 days when my dr tried the doppler and she couldn't get a heartbeat. I went to emerg and the nurse told me they usually don't even try using a doppler until at least 14 weeks, but even then you still might not hear a heartbeat depending on the position of your uterus. They even did an abdominal ultrasound with me and couldn't find a heatreat until they did a transvaginal ultrasound. I know it's terrifying, but if you haven't had severe cramping/lots of heavy bleeding, chances are everything is fine!! Try to stay positive :) 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • 12w6d and this stubborn peanut would not give us his heartbeat at our appointment with a Doppler, we had to get a portable U/S. His NT scan took 90+ minutes because he wouldn't move. 
  • Just went through this at 12 weeks. My doctor was not alarmed or surprised!!!!! I was lucky that my office has an ultrasound machine. As soon as she placed it on my belly there baby was with a strong heartbeat and arms reaching up. I would have been terrified but like I said my doctor was not surprised at all we couldn't hear it on the doppler. Try not to worry tooooooooo much and take comfort this happens to a lot of us:-)
    ME 37 + DH 40
    Tried to conceive first baby over a year. 
    October 2015: Began IVF <3
    November 2015: 15 Eggs Retrieved, 10 Viable, 8 Fertilized through ICSI, 4 6 Day Blastocysts Made It To Freeze!!!!
    December 2015: FET #1 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFN :(
    January 2016: FET #2 Transferred 2 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    February 19, 2016: Officially lost our little blueberry through natural miscarriage. 
    July 17, 2016: FET #3 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    August 2016: Officially lost our little bean through natural miscarriage. 

!!!!!!SURPRISE!!!!!!
    Natural pregnancy October 2016!!!!!
    Our Miracle Rainbow Baby
    Due Date July 20, 2017

http://danica-thethingstheydonttellyou.blogspot.com/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had spotting around 5 weeks (with this pregnancy not my first)- basically when my period was supposed to come. But I had gotten a positive home test 5 days before my period because I had a dream I was pregnant, just like with my first. So I called the dr and she said unless it was bright red and I was passing clots-not to worry. So then I had my 7 week ultrasound and they said they "saw a bleed" which would explain the spitting and they usually go away on their own with pelvic rest. I bought a fetal Doppler to use with my first pregnancy and was able to find the heartbeat at 9 weeks but then didn't hear it again for almost a week. I'm almost 12 weeks and still can only hear it first thing in the morning. I'm sure everything is okay and you just have a shy one like I do!!  Hang in there and keep us posted! 
  • Update posted in original post up top :)
  • Great news! I'm so glad you can start enjoying your pregnancy now :)
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Yay for good news!! I'm so relieved you can relax and enjoy now. It really does help, hearing that sweet sound.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So happy for you! Congratulations!!! Hearing that sweet sound of a swishing baby heart is the best! 
  • Woohoo!  That's awesome news. I'm sure that's a huge relief.