September 2017 Moms
Options

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Options
    I know I could have ovulated late to be too small but I've had symptoms since week 3. I am 6w3days today. They said it could be ectopic or i lost it but it hasn't left yet. I think it's ectopic since I've been so sick. I have an us Wednesday. I haven't heard from the blood count yet.
    From a medical professional: If you start having intense abdominal pain, get to an ER IMMEDIATELY if you think it's an ectopic. 
    Im so sorry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    January 18th 
    7 weeks 3 days
    Sac yolk and heartbeat viable
    Heartbeat heard 180bpm

• Options
    Thank you. This reassures me. It's just with a recent loss and this being so different from my son I'm a bit on edge. 
  • Options
    I know I could have ovulated late to be too small but I've had symptoms since week 3. I am 6w3days today. They said it could be ectopic or i lost it but it hasn't left yet. I think it's ectopic since I've been so sick. I have an us Wednesday. I haven't heard from the blood count yet.
    From a medical professional: If you start having intense abdominal pain, get to an ER IMMEDIATELY if you think it's an ectopic. 
    Im so sorry. 
    Thank you that is what she told me as well. I'm feeling more confused now because she said my HCG levels were good and show a pregnancy. So I guess I am small? I have an ultrasound Wednesday and will hope to have more answers.
  • Options
    @wellhithen That's good news! Hoping so hard that everything is okay. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @wellhithen t&p for a good ultrasound ok Wed

• Options
    @wellhithen  I find it hard to believe your OB wouldn't be all over that! A ruptured ectopic pregnancy is super serious, so for them to be all nonchalant makes me wonder. I hope you have good news Wednesday. 
  • Options
    @wellhithen  I find it hard to believe your OB wouldn't be all over that! A ruptured ectopic pregnancy is super serious, so for them to be all nonchalant makes me wonder. I hope you have good news Wednesday. 
    The whole thing  was weird. I don't really understand. She couldn't find a baby anywhere in me so she said I could have lost it but it hasn't left yet. It could be ectopic or I'm just too small to see it. She then said if I have pain or bleeding to go to the hospital. they took my blood and she said it was in good range for a pregnancy so I'm probably just small still. I don't know, I'll find out more on Wednesday. I still feel very pregnant and sick so I hope to see something Wednesday. She luckily isn't my OB she's a PA I haven't to see the first month.
  • Options
    @wellhithen ugh, she should have clarified with your OB or an ultrasound tech at least! PAs do not go through ultrasonography training. That sounds super frustrating! 
  • Options
    Our little dot at 5 weeks! Next scan is on February 7th.
  • Options
    Measuring 5 weeks 1 day, EDD 9/20. I feel like I see 2 yolk sacs but the tech didnt say anything. Waiting to hear when they want me back!
  • Options
    7 weeks, 2 days! Heart rate of 147  <3  RE said I may have more bleeding because there could be leakage around the edges of the placenta area as it burrows?? Anyone heard that before? He's got me all nervous now...

8406.jpg 212.9K
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm due September 20th and my first ultrasound is in 3 weeks when I'll be 8 weeks. I'm so nervous. I have no symptoms other than sore breasts and nipples. 
  • Options
    7 weeks, 2 days! Heart rate of 147  <3  RE said I may have more bleeding because there could be leakage around the edges of the placenta area as it burrows?? Anyone heard that before? He's got me all nervous now...

Sounds to me like you have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is really common. It's bleeding that happens when the placenta attaches to the uterine wall. They usually resolve on their own, you just need to take it easy and they generally tell you to do pelvic rest. But, disclaimer, I'm not a medical professional, so you may want to call and verify it with a nurse, especially since you said that it had you worried.
  • Options

My dr told me the same thing and said it's common! 
  • Options
    Went for my first u/s yesterday and she was able to find a sac but no yolk inside or heartbeat yet. Said I am most likely 4 weeks along so it would be too early to see anything else. Crossing fingers that when I go back in two weeks there is a tiny little baby in there. Ill be a nervous wreck until then. Had a missed m/c last month so now I know Ill be worried throughout the next few weeks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • Options
    bswishe4bswishe4 member
    edited January 2017
    This is my first time on mobile so I apologize if the picture is huge. I had my first appointment today my chart shows I should be 7 weeks today. My midwife thinks I am way earlier than that. She is thinking maybe 6 weeks. I've known for 3 at this point and it doesn't make sense with my chart. No heart beat or anything yet. So we go back in two weeks to try again and see if we can get a better idea on dating. 
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks! We saw a heartbeat and that made me feel so wonderful 
  • Options
    @stephy_p thank you for the reassurance. Yesterday I started bleeding and saw a huge clot and thought it was the sac. When I went to the Dr, the sono showed the sac still in place. So now its just a waiting game. I am hoping for no more bleeding and the see a baby in there soon. Thank you for your reassuring words. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • Options
    ***lurking*** CONGRATS @Sugargirl1019 I am so happy this bean is growing well. Fx so hard he or she keeps plugging along!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    Yay @Sugargirl1019! So did you measure ahead or behind?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @Texafornian I measured 7+6, but doc wants to use my LMP (8+2) as the due date even though I'm 8+1. Since I'm so close in range, she wants to use the LMP, as all docs stubbornly want to do!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Yay @Sugargirl1019 so happy for you! Thinking happy thoughts that all will continue to go great for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    XoXo, Dee
  • Options
    geminismomgeminismom member
    edited January 2017
    @towntowns Congratulations! Ur little one already LOOKS like a baby, neat!  What a blessing.