How big is baby:

Upcoming appointments this week:

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of:

Re: Wednesday Ticker 1/4

• Options
    How far along are you: 29 weeks and change

How big is baby: Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments this week: Not until next week when I am a solid 30 weeks. Then I do blood, sugar, weight, everything

Rants/Raves: Head cold has been kicking my A$$, exhaustion and just overall back/leg pain

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of: Planning the baby shower. That's been quite the event.....
  • Options
    How far along are you: 31 weeks!

How big is baby: Size of a foam finger, 

Upcoming appointments this week:  I don't have anything this week!! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I am uncomfortable at night and am restless and up to pee several times!  Raves: Single digit weeks til due date! WHATTTT?
    Another Rave: DH and I bought a new sleep number bed this past weekend and it will be here the 14th! Can't wait! Anyone else have a Sleep Number?

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of: To be honest, I am feeling totally unprepared but I think I will feel much better after my shower where I will see what I need to purchase. There is a chair and crib in the room, and dresser on the way. Once I have a bassinet for our room I will feel like the other stuff will be fine just as long as there is a place for her to sleep for the first few weeks. Also, packing my hospital bag has me in a bit of a panic as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you:  32 weeks but I've been reading one week ahead

How big is baby:  celery

Upcoming appointments: none this week, last week was brief, it was Friday amd the doc was in a hurry to get done before closing early

Rants/Raves:  Finally feeling like baby things are coming together 

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of: I have organized all the baby clothes in a easy system that anyone can figure out.

And oops looks like I forgot any new symptoms or changes. Ladies fell free to add.
  • Options
    How far along are you:  29 weeks

How big is baby: Acorn squash... that seems smaller than an eggplant, which was last week?

Upcoming appointments this week: Tomorrow: growth ultrasound at the MFM and probably a TV ultrasound, for cervix check  :|  , then MFM appointment and regular OB appointment

Rants/Raves: I miss sleep. It went from me being too uncomfortable to sleep to me being unable to sleep at all. I have had insomnia the last couple of nights. I just lay in bed not sleeping. Its been weird, because I don't feel tired in the morning, but its super boring. I may end up getting up if it happens again tonight. 

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of:
    I applied for, and was approved for, FMLA as of yesterday. WOO HOO! It's crazy to see some of these dates in writing. I know that anything can happen, but it feels good to have one less thing to worry about. We have a consultation at the pediatrician on Monday (there was a month wait, so I was glad to get the ball rolling on that early). 

My brother put together a dresser for us, incidentally, it is the EXACT dresser in that viral video of the dresser falling on top of a baby, and his twin pulling the dresser off of him... It was a good reminder to tether to the wall once we get a final configuration for the twins' room. I suppose that isn't something I did, per say, but I facilitated it? 
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 My mom LOVES her sleep number and says it was the best decision she's made in a long time. I've tried it out and like that you can adjust depending on how you are feeling. 

@disneybaby84 I'm jealous that you already have the clothes organized! I'm at a complete loss as to what size clothes the babies will be wearing at what time, and what if they are different sizes?!?! My mom said that there is some sort of formula, but her babies were HUGE (8 lb 12 oz - 10lb 6 oz), so we grew out of clothes WAY sooner than most normal babies.

I have bought a good deal of clothes on sale at Carter's but they are literally all hanging in the closet. I've arranged with my mom that her or my SIL will wash the appropriate clothes. My mom will be at the hospital, she'll get the babies sizes, and then call my SIL and say, "Hey DIL, direwolfmini's babies are here. They are 6 lbs each, can you please wash the Newborn and 3 month clothes?" I'm hoping this works out...
  • Options
    @rw3190 - hope you feel better!!  my DH is sick too, so I'm bound to get it soon too.  :(

@lindsey2017 - I feel like we are the same person.  And I'm pretty sure I've said this about you before.   :p

@disneybaby84 - care to share your organization secret???

@direwolfmini - good luck at your appts! 

How far along are you: 
    30 weeks!  10 to go.  Can't believe it!

How big is baby: zucchini, butternut squash, platypus (minus tail), cantaloupe, motorcycle helmet, large cabbage, cheesecake

Upcoming appointments this week:  tomorrow regular OB appt starting the every 2 weeks appointments.  Friday a consultation for GD. :(

Rants/Raves:  Rave:  my mom is awesome for planning my shower and having it at her house (this is tough considering my mom and dad are divorced and it could be weird having ex inlaws at your new home).  Rant(s):  I am having a hard time sleeping as well....I feel like I wake up to pee, and I used to go right back to sleep and the last couple of nights have been laying in bed not falling back to sleep.  2nd Rant:  I'm dealing with DH and his man cold.  LORD HELP ME!  3rd Rant:  I feel like my supervisor does nothing.  I'm exhausted from working from 8:15 am yesterday to about 8:45 pm. **without taking a proper lunch.  I understand delegation, but I feel like he delegates everything.  I'm ready for maternity leave.

GTKY: What is the baby preparation accomplishment so far you are most proud of:  I guess the overseeing of painting the baby's room, and getting our glider put together.  I'm kind of waiting for my showers in order to finalize everything.  Oh, and SO many books!  I'm kind of obsessed with Usborne. 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @direwolfmini don't give me too much credit it's newborn size and 0-3 month size with a sprinkling of 3-6 month.
    @mecoats sure. My DH and I have been forced to stay in our 1 bedroom apt, due to finances and me not having a job. We do have a good walk in closet though.  We moved our own clothes around to give the baby space in the closet. The baby has a section of the closet rod for any clothes I can hang. I'm going to buy Monsters Inc closet dividers that have 0-3 months size, 3-6 month and so on.  Below the closet rod is a shelf. Once again we shoved around our stuff to give baby shelf space. On the shelf I have 3  large fabric crates with windows for labels I bought at The Container Store. One labeled pjs and sleep sacks. One labeled onesies. One labeled pants. Next I'll be buying two more fabric crates with the window label for blamkets and burp cloths because it only just occurred to me that I need storage for those as well.
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 - good idea about the containers :)  One of my best friends organized her daughter's clothes by outfit, rolled them up and put them in a dresser, so that when her husband were to dress the baby, he would already have the outfit together.  I thought that was pretty clever too!  I'm all about organization.  :)
  • Options
    @mecoats @disneybaby84 These are great suggestions!
    I'm going to see what I get for my shower (on the 15th) and after that I'm going to try to get organized. 
    Like @disneybaby84, I've been forced to make do with what we have due to my husband being out of work... but I can totally justify getting us organized! We'll need it!
  • Options
    @direwolfmini our floor space is limited, so we're looking into wall shelving and a large storage bin in the living room where there is a bit of space. But honestly I'm so fearful we won't have enough space for baby things no matter what.
  • Options
    @mecoats when is your maternity leave?
  • Options
    I am 30+4 

a zuchini baby

I see the midwife tomorrow!

Rants- my house is NOT done yet. We built an extension on my parents house and it may not have a sink or oven ready before baby. I'm really stressing out about that. :(

baby prep:
    i actually washed and fold all my nb and 3 months clothes and ordered a new change pad cover. Just need diapers and a new car seat and I'm set! Maybe soothers too.

PS Are you guys all on in the fb group yet?
  • Options
    @mecoats when is your maternity leave?
    I'm planning on working until I have baby, then I get to take the full 12 weeks for FMLA, but I only get paid a portion of that. So out through Memorial Day at least. 
  • Options
    @ihateusernames*yes I'm on the fb group. :) 
  • Options
    haven't joined the fb group, what am i missing?
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* I haven't joined either. Part of it was laziness, part of it was that it seemed like the people who were pushing to start it weren't even regular posters... 

*Not that I feel like I am a regular poster, I stay in my lanes (Wednesday, multiple moms, sometimes the randoms...) 

I did start following the quad mom's group and our first preemie's page.

Ditto to what @disneybaby84 said, what am I missing?
  • Options
    I have been wondering about the quad mom, @direwolfmini has she gotten a scheduled c section?
  • Options
    Nothing! It's about the same as here. A couple more randoms and pictures. I joined basically for the weekend because the bump is usually my week day (work break) website. But you ladies aren't missing a whole lot! Don't feel out of the loop or anything. And of course everyone would be welcomed when they are ready and willing to join. :) its basically the bump on Facebook. 
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 She's on bedrest at home. I can't even imagine. I feel like ish being pregnant with two, I can't imagine what it would be like with 4, especially in the third tri!
  • Options
    @direwolfmini thanks for the update! Bedrest makes sense, she's got 4 babies!
  • Options
    I joined the FB group - I like it as I am on FB more in general - but I am not a strong poster on either site so its more to gather information for me, and I like to read the threads and get advice!
  • Options
    I agree with @ihateusernames* - I like to connect with everyone, but I understand everyone's opinions and respect them all....so I am pretty active on both.  Some are way more active on facebook than here.  I would say I agree with @lindsey2017 too in that I really like to gather info.  It's all personal preference :)
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* thanks! I got warm fuzzy feelings now! I'll do FB eventually, I still like The Bump format.
  • Options
    Alright @ihateusernames* & @lindsey2017 I'm definitely going to join. I already follow a couple of twin mom groups and a twin breastfeeding group, so I suppose its about time. I think I'll probably stay here, too. Hopefully we don't have any catfish...