September 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In

13»

Re: PGAL Check-In

• edited January 2017
    I just got the results from my blood work Friday at 5 wks 1 day. HCG was 3800 and progesterone was 11.1 she said that is good, but they want to redraw tomorrow. Should I be concerned that they want to check again or is that normal? They only drew it in the first place because I called Thursday and asked... 

edit- I called back and talked to the nurse (because I was starting to freak and am now officially THAT patient.) she said not to be concerned, that they are more than likely just wanted to retest to see how the numbers are tracking.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No appointments yet. Will call Monday and try to get an order for betas before the first actual appointment. Since I have 2 prior losses & am "advanced maternal age" the doctor had said after my last that I'd be considered high risk now. My last loss was a MMC in August at 9 weeks. About broke me and now both me & my future hubby are hopefully optimistic though prepared for the worst.
    I called as I had a loss in April at 8 weeks which just about broke me too...big hugs to you!...and i'm "AMA" and high as well being 43!  I went in today and had the initial draw done for HCG and progesterone...

@HollyGolightly09 you might not need to boost that progesterone being as your HCG seems pretty up there but if you're worried, no harm in questioning your doc. :) My level was only 99 at 4w2d and my progesterone was 13.2...my doc said they'd like to see it at a minimum of 15. Not sure if that's because i'm still early with low HCG, because i'm older, because they just like the number 15...who knows lol. I think your appointment tomorrow will tell you more...they just want that hug to keep doubling!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @Texafornian I think that's why so many of us can relate and be better support to each other. Because we understand the physical and emotional pain having lived through it.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• I had to laugh when I thought of this. Pulled my post from the TTCAL bump board. Funny that a pulled muscle & back spasms actually did the trick!
    This is hilarious! <3
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• @heatherwilson321 I so hear you! I swore this time that I would not complain one little bit and relish every sore boob and offering to the porcelain gods!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Is anyone else on Lovenox injections? I tested a high indeterminate for anticardiolipin antibodies, and I just started my first Lovenox injection tonight. It makes me really nervous, this is the first pregnancy that seems to be going well so far, and everything I'm reading online says that they didn't take Lovenox unless they had a high positive. I just really want this baby so bad, and I'm worried I'm going to do something that will cause me to have another miscarriage. My current dosage is 40 once a day.
  • @heatherwilson321 I'm the same way! My DH said yesterday "maybe the nausea will go away soon." And I automatically said "No!" The symptoms are almost like a security blanket. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hey, ladies, can I join in here? I haven't been active on any of the bump boards for a few years, but we've been TTC for four years, and I've had two miscarriages, one eight years ago, and a chemical pregnancy this past May. I'm feeling fairly positive about this pregnancy, but it would be nice to talk to some other women who know what this is like. My first ultrasound is scheduled for 1/23 unless I spot, in which case they'll see me asap.  

• Is anyone else on Lovenox injections? I tested a high indeterminate for anticardiolipin antibodies, and I just started my first Lovenox injection tonight. It makes me really nervous, this is the first pregnancy that seems to be going well so far, and everything I'm reading online says that they didn't take Lovenox unless they had a high positive. I just really want this baby so bad, and I'm worried I'm going to do something that will cause me to have another miscarriage. My current dosage is 40 once a day.
    I'm on Lovenox - 150mg per day!  40 is a preventative dose which I was on during my last pregnancy.  It worked and I didn't get any clots!  I'm fully anti-coagulated this time just in case.  Lovenox is safe for you and baby as it doesn't cross the placenta.  

Giving yourself shots on the daily isn't easy.  I remember quite a few temper tantrums when I hit some scar tissue or a sore spot, but just remember that the benefits totally outweigh the hard parts. <3 to you!  I'm happy to be your Lovenox buddy when times are hard and you just don't want to stick yourself again!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • sableegsableeg member
    edited January 2017
    Y'all...too many quotes to put in here, but YES. YES. YES. Symptoms are welcome.  Not fun still, but so welcome! Even my hubs was like, "Sorry you're not feeling well, but I love that you're not!"

*edited to fix my spelling mistakes!*
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @sableeg Thank you so much for your response, I feel so much better now. I think my pregnancy emotions are starting to kick in because I literally started to tear up with relief after I read your response.  Thanks, I might need a Lovenox buddy, my husband is doing the injections for me, I complained so much about the burning medicine, he offered to buy me popsicles for tomorrow after the shot, lol.
  • @heatherwilson321 You are so welcome!  Your husband sounds like such a sweetie :)  I've heard that icing the area prior to the injection will help.  Make sure to pinch together some fat to inject into which will help as well.  Also, rotate around!  By the end of your pregnancy you will be so used to it and think nothing of it anymore.  Also know that temper tantrums are OK!  Sometimes those suckers hurt!
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Is it just me or after a loss, are you a lot more strict with all of the pregnancy rules? My first PG with my 4 yo DD, I was pretty leinient with them. This time around I'm following basically all of the rules because im so scared 
  • @heatherwilson321 generally reminder to only Lovenox in your abdomen and not your arms! :)

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @ashley2824 Yes! I'm restricting myself to one cup of coffee a day, no deli meats, no shrimp, no tea, no soda, no fast food, lite exercise, limiting stress, no long car rides, etc etc etc. I don't want to f**k this up at all.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• @Sugargirl1019 I'm doing it in my thigh, my abdomen made me too nervous being so close to where the baby is. I know it's a short needle, but my brain came up with these terrible scenarios. 
  • @Sugargirl1019 I'm doing it in my thigh, my abdomen made me too nervous being so close to where the baby is. I know it's a short needle, but my brain came up with these terrible scenarios. 
    I would also check on this place. In the hospital, we are only allowed to give blood thinners in the abdomen because if a hematoma was to occur in an arm or leg, it could decrease artery supply to the extremity and.. you can imagine from there. So the abdomen provides a more diffuse area without restricting blood flow. But, I have never had to give myself Lovenox for 9 months, so I'm sure women get creative/daring.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Hey, ladies, can I join in here? I haven't been active on any of the bump boards for a few years, but we've been TTC for four years, and I've had two miscarriages, one eight years ago, and a chemical pregnancy this past May. I'm feeling fairly positive about this pregnancy, but it would be nice to talk to some other women who know what this is like. My first ultrasound is scheduled for 1/23 unless I spot, in which case they'll see me asap.  
    Welcome, @amandarene112! I'm so sorry for your losses but I'm glad you found your way here. That ultrasound will be here before you know it! <3:)
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • @rainafire77 That is hilarious!!
    @amandarene112  Welcome and I'm sorry for your losses by fx for a rainbow baby!  I have to wait until 2/13 for my U/S but I'm hoping they will make it earlier.

Is anyone else not scheduled for an early U/S and worried about it?  My first appt is 1/16 for my first blood draw and I'm hoping they schedule something sooner but my first U/S isn't until 2/13 when I'll be 9 weeks. My ectopic ruptured at 8 weeks last time so I'm super nervous. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @spiderlover25 me!! Well I have my first appointment tomorrow (6w today) and it's with the nurse to go over everything. I'm not sure what I will get done though. I can't remember what is done the first appt. I keep seeing all of these ultrasounds so I'm really hoping I get one. But they also have me getting an ultrasound at a radiology facility at 8 weeks. I'm wondering if they'll do a quick one at the office tomorrow and then my 8w ultrasound will be my dating one. 
  • @spiderlover25 I'd request an earlier US based on your ectopic history...but my last Pregnancy they had me go in at 8wks. 1st one (diff doc) I did a blood draw right away and an ultrasound at 7/8wks.
    this pregnancy I did the blood draw yesterday and will again on Thursday because of being AMA and having had a loss. 

Speaking if...sure wish the doc office had mentioned that the vaginal progesterone pills I have produce RED discharge! Wtf!?! Not cool for a pgal brain to wake up to that. I'm also still peeing on cheapies and I swear the color hasn't changed much since Friday...it's freaking me out.

**TW**
    Losses:
  • First off, let's all introduce ourselves! Hi everyone, I'm Margaret and I live in NYC with my husband and pet rabbit, Huggy.  :)  Had a m/c last fall at 9 weeks, but from the u/s they could tell the baby had stopped growing around 6-7 weeks.  Didn't have a D&C --- just let it happen naturally.  So painful!

How far along are you? 6 weeks 1 day, due 9/4.

How are you doing? I'm nervous and holding my breath that everyone will be ok this time around.

When is your next appointment? January 18th.  I'm going to be so nervous!  (I'll be 7w+2)

Rant/Rave/Positive I'm perplexed/annoyed that the doctors aren't treating me any differently after having had a m/c. I don't know if that's normal or not, but I would be furious if checking early HCG levels or progesterone would have prevented another m/c.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Slightly off topic, but is everything super slow on this site for anyone else?  I type and the words only appear like 2 seconds later.  :(

GTKY:  Did you set a resolution for 2017? Not really, but praying for a healthy baby!
  • edited January 2017
    @margareth  My Dr doesn't really do anything differently unless you've have two losses. I did call last week and ask if they would please check my progesterone and they got me in the next day to check it and my HCG. Like you said, I just didn't want to go through another miscarriage, and then find out I had low progesterone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cats*in*spaceCats*in*space member
    edited January 2017
    First off, let's all introduce ourselves! Hi, I'm Jen.  I live in CA.  I'm 31, DH is 34.  I was originally on the March 17 BMB.  In August at our u/s at 9.5 weeks it was discovered that our baby stopped growing at 5.5 weeks.  I incidentally started to naturally MC that next day.  

How far along are you? very early, 3 weeks & 5 days

How are you doing? Ok so far.  I'm still testing each morning and temping.  I don't have a lot of symptoms yet, which makes me nervous.  With the last one I had intense boob sensitivity, but I'm trying to remind myself that I shouldn't compare b/c that one was unsuccessful.  

When is your next appointment?  I'm going to call on Thursday to schedule appointment.  When I went in for my follow up u/s, the doctor said I could try and come in earlier for the next one... so around 7 weeks i think.  I'd love to go earlier, you know, to see that I get past that 5.5 week mark.

Rant/Rave/Positive It's strange to not want to celebrate something so great, fearing that it may not be permanent.   :/

GTKY:  Did you set a resolution for 2017? get KU.  :D

Edited b/c i see people are using their real names :)
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks, @PurpleRains!

@spiderlover25 Thank you. :) Is this the same doctor you saw during your ectopic? I would call and explain my concerns and my history. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to catch an ectopic pregnancy sooner rather than later. FX they listen, and you get your ultrasound!

@margareth Welcome! I totally understand your frustrations, I'm anxious about not being seen sooner as well. 7 weeks is actually a little early to be seen, though, and that's probably because of your past loss. If they don't give you an earlier appointment, though, we can just be nervous together for the next few weeks!

• @margareth I had two back to back losses this year where baby stopped growing at 6 weeks. Even had a HB and it still didn't work out. We never did an genetic testing, but my doctor did test me for MTHFR, APS, and Factor V Leiden. (I'm MTHFR.) This third time, we only rechecked progesterone at 5 weeks and 13.1 is good enough for her to not want to start supplements. I worry about that, but I trust her.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Thanks, @PurpleRains!

@spiderlover25 Thank you. :) Is this the same doctor you saw during your ectopic? I would call and explain my concerns and my history. I can't imagine they wouldn't want to catch an ectopic pregnancy sooner rather than later. FX they listen, and you get your ultrasound!

This ^^^

@jmn1985 i'm only at 4+2 right now and have zilch in the symptom department as well. My boobs were incredibly sore with my daughter but that's about all I had with her as well...not even morning sickness! So yeah, don't panic...totally normal.

@Sugargirl1019 I'm right there with you on the Motherf*cker gene. :) (As I affectionately call it!). I have to take Cerefolin NAC in addition to my prenatal because my body won't naturally methylate folate so I need it already done for me. Not sure if that's due just to the MTHFR or because of a combo of stuff.

**TW**
    Losses:
  • @margareth  My Dr doesn't really do anything differently unless you've have two losses. I did call last week and ask if they would please check my progesterone and they got me in the next day to check it and my HCG. Like you said, I just didn't want to go through another miscarriage, and then find out I had low progesterone. 
    Thanks for the info!  I am in a weird "in between doctors" situation since I switched doctors after my last one (I didn't find her helpful/sensitive enough) and I could probably make an appointment with her but it would be awkward since I wouldn't be continuing to see her.  I can't make an earlier appointment with the new doctor.  So I guess I'll wait until next week...
  • @amandarene112: thanks for the encouragement :)

@Sugargirl1019 : so sorry to hear about your back to back losses.  Glad your progesterone level was acceptable, according to the doctor.  I don't know a lot of the acronyms you used, though.  What's HB?

• @Texafornian for me wondfos have always been the most sensitive. They have always been the first to show positive before a FRER or even the digital ones for me. But on all of the pregnancies I've had my HCG levels monitored on I tend to stay on the low side of normal.  Its odd my experience sounds different than everyone else's but I wouldn't let that worry you. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Had my first blood work today at 4 weeks 2 days. My progesterone is 41 and my hcg is 285.6. I go back on Thursday to test again, I'm praying it will double properly. Last time it never doubled in 48 hours. 
  • @heatherwilson321 I'd say your golden! I'll trade you for your numbers...I had 99 hcg and 13.2 progesterone at 4+1!

**TW**
    Losses:
  • @heatherwilson321 Those are good numbers, FX they double!

• @Texafornian, @amandarene112  I am unfortunately in between doctors.  I had an appointment already set on 1/16 to have my yearly but they changed that to a blood draw appointment.  They wouldn't see my earlier since I'm not an established patient. I debated going to my old doctor but I don't really like his bedside manner and figured it would be better to get established with the provider I want to continue with.  I just hope he is proactive and listens to my concerns. I will only be 5 weeks at my blood draw appointment so FX they will order an U/S at that point and there will be enough time to schedule it. Luckily I am having more symptoms this time that I did with that pregnancy so I'm hoping it's a good sign!

@heatherwilson321 and @sableeg yay for good numbers and FX for doubling!!!

DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• First off, let's all introduce ourselves!

How far along are you?  4wks 4days 

How are you doing? Doing quite well, no real symptoms yet, except sensitive nipples.

When is your next appointment? January 23rd

Rant/Rave/Positive 
    Husband will be out of town all of 1st Trimester! He left 2 days before my BFP, and I haven't told him yet. He is in the US Navy. I don't want him to be worried. I have had 3 previous losses. My mom is coming to town for my 8wk appointment on February 8th, I've never made it past 8wks. I don't know when/how to tell him. On my last pregnancy I waited until 5wks, and asked him to keep quiet while he was gone for 3 weeks on the West Coast, and I found out later he told around 10 people because he was so excited. Which is nice that he was so excited, but I asked him not to tell, and he did anyways. So I am nervous he will do the same again, so I almost want to surprise him at homecoming with a 13wk bump like hey big daddy looks like Santa left a XMas present (we conceived on Xmas based on LMP). I dunno. I'm really frustrated on what to do, maybe he learned his lesson when he had to go back and tell everyone the bad news? I just want to keep this a little secret. The only people who know are my Mom, my best friend here in FL, and my workout partner. HELP!

GTKY:  Did you set a resolution for 2017?
    I wanted to lose weight, looks like the joke is on me, I will be gaining weight.