September 2017 Moms
Options

Team Green!

Re: Team Green!

• Options
    We will definitely be Team Green. We were with DS and it was the greatest surprise!

Tip for those that want to be Green: ALWAYS remind the u/s tech you're not finding out the sex at the start of each and every scan. Even if the same person has scanned you each time. And remind the doctors/nurses too. 

What is funny is that I did this. And there was always this one woman who would slip and use male pronouns. So we were completely convinced we were having a boy. You could not wipe the shock off my face when my husband shouted "it's a girl!!" in the delivery room.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    We will definitely be Team Green. We were with DS and it was the greatest surprise!

Tip for those that want to be Green: ALWAYS remind the u/s tech you're not finding out the sex at the start of each and every scan. Even if the same person has scanned you each time. And remind the doctors/nurses too. 

What is funny is that I did this. And there was always this one woman who would slip and use male pronouns. So we were completely convinced we were having a boy. You could not wipe the shock off my face when my husband shouted "it's a girl!!" in the delivery room.
    My friend was team green having her baby and she said her doctor just flat out told her "I'm going to use male pronouns, but it means nothing about baby's sex because it's easier for the medical staff to communicate about heartrate, blood type, etc." because obviously the mom is a "she"/"her" so they just do the opposite one for the baby regardless of actual sex unless of course the parents want to know and it's a girl.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are going to attempt doing Team Green publicly but personally will know the gender. I would just prefer not to get a slew of gender specific clothing or items. 
    Me: 37 DH: 32 TTGP Since 2014 INFERTILITY INFO (Medicated, IUI's, IVF/FET) IN SPOILER
    October 2014-April 2015: Without Medication or Doctor Guidance No Periods/No O BFN 
    Medicated April-December 2015: Clomid (didn't work) and so we tried Femera/Letrozole. Progesterone Met 1000 Not diagnosed PCOS but treating the same. Anovulatory. TI No US No O BFN 

- TW - 
    IUI"S 
    January 2016-October 2016: Letrozole 2.5mg-7.5 mg, Pregyl or Ovideral Trigger Shot.
    9 cycles of IUI
    (7 Cancelled due to no mature follicles) (2 attempted IUI's with mature follicles)  

IUI # 2 June 2016 and July 2016:  Met 1000, Estrogen (21 days), Progesterone (5 days) Femera 5m 6/28/16 Ultrasound CD14 = 25 follie. Pregnyl Trigger CD14 IUI 7/13 1stBeta (DPO 15): 7.6 (Surprise BFP...but Low #'s) 2ndBeta (DPO 17): 18 3rdBeta (DPO 19) 52.8 Progesterone Prescribed (spotting) 4thBeta (DPO 26) 6.9 Chemical Pregnancy BFN

IVF and FET (diagnosed with PCOS) 204 pounds at start of IVF
    IVF # 1 October and November 2016: CCRM - Minneapolis 10/14 Consult and CD 3 testing, 10/14 started (OCP Antagonist - BCP) BCP, 10/21 1 day work up, Doxycycline 100mg 10 days, 10/24 stop bcp, Bloodwork US 10/29, 10/30-11/8 Stims 2 vials of Menopur, Dexamethasone, 225 of Gonal-F daily (dropped to 120). CCRM Vitamin Cocktail (like 20 of them), Monitoring (11/2, 11/4, 11/5, 11/6, 11/7, 11/8), Retrieval 11/10 (38 eggs, 30 mature, 16 fertilized ICSI), 11/16 8 Blasts 11/30 CCS testing results 3 Normal 5aa's (2 boys and 1 girl) 1 Unknown 4 Abnormal (All girls) 

Fet #1 January 2017: CCRM - Minneapolis bcp/lupron/suppository/p4 in oil QOD AF 12/7, 12/8 start meds. 1/3 lining and blood work check 14/15 mm, BW check 1/6. 1/9 transfer with acupuncture 1 CCS/PGS Normal 5aa hatching Progesterone around 26ish? Lower estrogen level 207 (wanted above 300 but over 200 was acceptable), started 1 estrace, progesterone in oil every other day, vivelle dot patches 4 every other day, 3x estrodiol daily, vitamin cocktail. POAS: - 4dp5dt and 5dp5dt, 6dp5dt frer very very very faint line. 7dp5dt and 8dp5dt + on Accuclear. 8dp5dt pregnant on a clear blue easy digital. 214 pounds at FET
    1/18 #1 Beta 91.1
    1/20 #2 Beta 215.9
    2/3 6 week US 2 sacs? Twins? but only 1 heartbeat/pole good heartbeat Stopped taking baby asprin Added in DHEA Veg Vitamin (also got the report that they transferred a girl 5aa eggo) 
    2/10 7 week US 2 sacs (likely vanishing twin) only 1 heartbeat/pole etc good heartbeat 137
    2/24 9 week US 1 eggo sac good heart beat 182 1 very small fluid sac (shrinking) 
    2/24 9 week 2 days start weening. Graduated from RE (CCRM is now starting weening as soon as 8.5 weeks)
    3/7 10 Weeks 5 days  weened completely of FET meds A1C 5.3% (Normal)
    3/9 11 Weeks 1 day my progesterone level was 15 and my estrogen level was 881 (I freaked out!)
    3/16 12 Weeks 1 day baby heard on doppler 164 HB
    4/14 16 week 2 days Ultrasound baby is looking good with all good numbers sized 17 weeks. Also got to hear her on the doppler for a few mins too. 

5/5 19 Weeks 2 days going in for "20" week anatomy ultrasound got measurements but need to come back as wasn't able to get all the measurements
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 4.6 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (78%) HC 17.0 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (70%) AC 14.5 cm 19 weeks 4 days* (69%) Femur 3.1 cm 19 weeks 6 days* (63%) Humerus 3.1 cm 20 weeks 2 days (84%) Cerebellum 2.0 cm 19 weeks 5 days
    CisternaMagna 6.2 mm Nuchal Fold 4.5 mm
    HC/AC 1.17 FL/AC 0.22 FL/BPD 0.68 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 309 grams - 0 lbs 11 oz
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 19 weeks 5 days +/- 10 days.

6/9 24 Weeks 2 days Glucose Test 1 hour (Failed) 190
    6/16 25 Weeks 2 days Ultrasound and 1st Baby Shower 
    6/20 25 Weeks 6 days Glucose Test 3 Hours (Failed) 95 (95), 183 (180), 213 (155), 198 (140) etc
    6/21 26 Weeks Recommended to a perintologist
    6/22 26 Weeks 1 day start monitoring blood sugar levels 
    6/30 27 Weeks 2 day A1 (blood sugar test ordered)

7/5 28 Weeks Echo and 3d Ultrasound
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 2.6 Q2: 3.2 Q3: 4.8 Q4: 5.6 AFI Total = 16.3 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal 
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 7.2 cm 28 weeks 5 days* (60%) HC 26.4 cm 28 weeks 4 days* (48%) AC 23.3 cm 27 weeks 4 days* (36%) Femur 5.2 cm 28 weeks 0 days* (36%) Humerus 4.8 cm 28 weeks 0 days (49%)
    HC/AC 1.13 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.73 Ceph Index 0.77 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1142 grams - 2 lbs 8 oz (37%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 28 weeks 1 day +/- 14 days.

7/10 28 Weeks 5 days Dietitian Appt and Lactatcian Consultant and A1 blood draw 5.4% (normal) 218.5 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks GD consult. 6 Lantus at 7pm daily. Novolog 1 unit for every 15 gm carbohydrate if consumed more than 30 gm at brkfst or 60 gm at lunch or supper 215.6 pounds
    7/20 30 Weeks Transferred care to OB due to high risk. 216 pounds

8/2 32 Weeks Ultrasound (not cooperative and still breech) and then weekly NST's
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.0 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (44%) HC 29.2 cm 31 weeks 6 days* (22%) AC 26.9 cm 31 weeks 0 days* (24%)  Femur 6.3 cm 32 weeks 2 days* (57%) Humerus 5.7 cm 32 weeks 6 days (71%)
    HC/AC 1.08 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.78 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 1808 grams - 3 lbs 15 oz (29%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 31 weeks 6 days +/- 18 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.4 Q2: 2.9 Q3: 2.9 Q4: 4.4 AFI Total = 13.6 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/8 32w6d upped to 1:10 for dinner 
    8/11 Baby Shower
    8/13 Baby Shower
    8/16 34 weeks NST good reading Upped to 8 at bed for fasting and 1:7 for dinner 
    8/18 Dr Appt

8/24 35 weeks 1 day (was suppose to be scheduled for 36 weeks) Weeks Ultrasound/GD Dr Appt/OB Appt 
    Frank Breech
    MEASUREMENTS BPD 8.9 cm 35 weeks 6 days* (67%) HC 31.7 cm 35 weeks 1 day * (35%) AC 30.2 cm 34 weeks 2 days* (33%) Femur 6.9 cm 34 weeks 6 days* (57%) Humerus 6.0 cm 34 weeks 6 days (64%)
    HC/AC 1.05 FL/AC 0.23 FL/BPD 0.78 Ceph Index 0.80 EFW (Ac/Fl/Hc) 2494 grams - 5 lbs 8 oz (39%)
    THE AVERAGE GESTATIONAL AGE is 35 weeks 1 day +/- 21 days.
    AMNIOTIC FLUID Q1: 3.3 Q2: 3.8 Q3: 2.4 Q4: 3.8 AFI Total = 13.4 cm Amniotic Fluid: Normal

8/31 36 Weeks
    9/7 37 Weeks
    9/10 Water broke...I got it tested at the emergency room it it showed it was negative. More water breaking and didn't go to the dr.
    9/11 37 weeks 4 days Called the Dr and got retested for water breaking...
    10:30pmish Baby Girl Born via Emergency C Section (Frank Breech Baby) 6lbs 3oz  -
    9/13 Dropped to 5 pounds 10oz and had jaundice 
    9/13 38 weeks

9/22 39 Weeks 2 days C Section Scheduled for 10am (arrive at 8am) Equinox/Solstice
    EDD 9/27
  • Options
    Y'all are much more patient than me. kudos to y'all. 
  • Options
    Me and DH have been team green for all 3 of our other kiddos and there is no way I'd want to know with this one. It is such a reward at the end of labor. There really isn't anything like it. 

As as for our family and friends it should just be expected for us now, but I'm sure we will get the slew of comments about how there is no way they could wait and family asking for us to just go find out. A lot of my husbands family thought we lied the whole pregnancy (with all three of them), and actually knew when we really didn't. If I'd known then there would be no way I could keep it a secret haha. 

Also so be prepared when strangers ask about your pregnancy and want to know the sex. I had some crazy people who just *knew* what I was having by the shape or how high/low baby was, and wouldn't take we will see in expected month, they baited they where never wrong... I don't know why people like to do this just a heads up. 
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited January 2017
    ^^wss. Everyone *knows* what you're having and some people will get actually angry that you don't know or they can't know. I had someone stick their tongue out at me. A grown woman.

But it it is absolutely the best thing to make the end of pregnancy/delivery exciting.

*typo
  • Options
    I would absolutely LOVE to be Team Green, but I'm afraid my husband will be disappointed if he doesn't get another girl, so he may need time to cope if it isn't. We already have two names picked out, so that isn't an issue. I'm still trying to get him on board. My grandma is all for it and hoping he comes around! I have one daughter and one son, and am going to be thrilled regardless of gender! 
  • Options
    We found out with my DD and will be team green this time. We are both so excited for the extra anticipation of birth day!!
  • Options
    mrsvp614mrsvp614 member
    edited January 2017
    @lindsey1128 That's actually another reason why we're waiting. I think DH wants a girl, but the day of birth, we know we'll be thrilled either way when we meet our baby. We think it would be hard to be disappointed in the sex when we actually see the baby. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    MrsVP614 said:
    @lindsey1128 That's actually another reason why we're waiting. I think DH wants a girl, but the day of birth, we know we'll be thrilled either way when we meet our baby. We think it would be hard to be disappointed in the sex when we actually see the baby. 
    I agree! I couldn't imagine being disappointed about the sex of your baby when you get to hold him/her for the first time! It might be easier to dwell on it if you have months to think about it. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am going to use this point in my argument for staying green! I know he will be happy either way. He's just a very complicated man. And they say WE are the complicated ones. 
  • Options
    MrsVP614 said:
    I agree! I couldn't imagine being disappointed about the sex of your baby when you get to hold him/her for the first time! It might be easier to dwell on it if you have months to think about it. 
    This is also why I didn't want to find out with DD. I have always wanted a daughter, and after losing a pregnancy, I didn't want to potentially feel let-down by a healthy pregnancy. I knew that if I waited till delivery, I wouldn't care what I had and would just be so happy to have a baby that it wouldn't matter. Turns out I got my girl anyway :)
  • Options
    i am highly considering being team green! but i have like 4 nephews and 1 niece so if we knew the gender we could could get a bunch of gender specific hand me downs. I'm on the fence. 
  • Options
    homemakermamahomemakermama member
    edited January 2017
    You could still get all the hand me downs, after baby is born

eta @lahearn18
                                                             Met DH 2008-engaged 8/10/2011-married 7/21/12 
                                              DD1 born on her due date 05/01/2012 7lbs12oz and 19 3/4 inches long
                                                     DD2 born 12/07/2013 @ 39w6d 8lbs15oz 20 3/4 inches long
                                                          #3 EDD 09/27/2015 ~ we are going for a HOME birth!

• Options
    @homemakermama im a military family so we will be moving 2months after due date so it would just be easier before hand to know
  • Options
    This is #4 for us and we've found out with all the others, but decided to let it be a surprise this time.  
  • Options
    We are still debating if we will find out, but if we do find out, we still aren't telling anybody else. It's fun to have a surprise, plus I don't want a bunch of super gendered stuff. I'm thinking it might be wiser to just not find out at all, because I can't keep a secret to save my life.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    DH and I are still discussing it... I really really want to be on team green.. but on the otherside, I know myself and it will kill me not to know, so it's hard
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Options
    I love this idea.  I've always wanted to do this, though I know it'll be difficult at times to wait the whole 9 months (6-7 remaining months).  I love the beautiful element of surprise, focusing on gratitude, and saving money on gender neutral baby clothes!  Plus I've never been a big fan of the pink for a girl, blue for a boy convention.  I was thinking of telling people the two names we've decided on, though.  That's probably not customary, but whatever!  Part of the reason is a bit selfish but important to me: "claiming" a girl's name we both feel strongly about so my sisters in law don't choose it in the future!  :-0
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    We're discussing it now, my guy was so against it at first when I mentioned it as a joke. Funny enough, we're working on buying a house right now and the financial guy made him think about it. He said that there's very few surprises left in life that are really worth it. He has 5 (or 6? I think?) kids and was team green for all of them. He said that being the first ones to know just at that very moment was so rewarding and worth it. It may be one of your last big life surprises. So we're talking about it now, and maybe even leaning that way. I know me not knowing is going to kill me though.
    Plus I had this awesome gender reveal idea planned out and now I might not get to use it. Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Team Green. With my first I wanted to know and my husband didn't. I won and they told us we were having a girl. To our surprise we had a boy! Luckily the nursery was white and green. However it was a mad rush to buy clothes that weren't pink. My husband still makes fun of me for making us find out. So this time we agreed to plan the surprise!
  • Options
    I'm trying to get DH on board. We found out with both DS and DD and I think we should wait to find out. He is not interested in waiting at all
  • Options
    So if it were 100% up to me – I would be TEAM GREEN until the moment that kid comes out and the doctor shouts “IT’S A…” note – I am a FTM and I watch a lot of TV so perhaps the doctor doesn’t actually shout that… but you get my drift! My husband, however, would like to know right now. Since I am AMA, I get genetic tests at 10 weeks that can tell you what you are having – and my hubs wants to know right there and then. I am trying to get him to wait a bit – my sell is, “look – the doctor knows. So at any time we can say TELL US. We don’t have to know at 10 weeks…” but he is undeterred. He has two kids from his first marriage (a boy and a girl) so he doesn’t have a preference as to what it is, he just wants to know. I am trying to stall him a bit – and am hoping I can. I just feel like this is really the only thing in life that is actually a SURPRISE… and it’s going to be one or the other… so why not just wait??
    Wife and Stepmom since April 2014

• Options

@bostonbaby1 – that is VERY true.  When my husband had his first (1996) he and his ex didn’t find out until birth.  When they had their second (1999), they didn’t want to know either.  They told the doctor, who said she would add the note to the file (which had worked with the first one) So when his ex was 7 months they had an ultrasound and the u/s tech says “Ok, here’s the spine, here’s the heart, there’s the penis…”  they were SHOCKED and he was like “oh, sorry… anyways, here’s the lungs….”  Haha!  

Wife and Stepmom since April 2014

• Options
    I was team green with my first two. There was a delayed announcement with my first lol I was waiting for "it's a..." but I got a pause. I think the doctor assumed we knew already. With the second it was announced. After two boys my husband really wants to know this one, but I'm on the fence. I'm more not into that they could be wrong lol if I know I want to know 100 percent. I get asked all the time when I'm having a girl, I'd love a girl but more than that want a healthy baby. Ahh I dunno!
  • Options
    It was pretty easy for me to be team green last time. But I'm starting to find myself much more tempted to find out this time. I am starting to feel like those that know get more time to bond with the baby before it arrives. And that it'd be easier helping DS prepare if we knew. 

Anyone else having this struggle? Or how are STM+s approaching being team green with their first LO?
  • Options
    @Lindsey1128 this is a very tiny reason I don't want to find out. This is our last planned baby and I really want a boy(2 stepdaughters and we have a girl) I feel like if it is a girl when I have her and see her I won't care!  

Luckily i I think he is finally on board because his mom thought it would be exciting!
  • Options
    @Carebella that's been the hardest part for me, after our friends' feedback to us going green, was that they liked being able to bond with the baby and call her by name before she was here. That has been in the back of my mind, but I also like being able to imagine both scenarios, what a boy would be like and what a girl would be like. I think as I get bigger and feel baby move, I'll feel more connected as well.
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    @carebella; I'll preface this by saying I never wanted to be team green last time. I ended up having 2 anatomy scans because at the first we couldn't get good pictures of the heart and spine. The chord was also stratgeically placed between DS's legs so we couldn't see what's we were having. We had a 2 week wait between scans and i felt really detached because I didn't know if LO was a boy or a girl. For me, knowing the sex help and with bonding and honestly it's a surprise whenever you find out. 
  • Options
    So, I received my genetic screening results last night. A huge relief to find out LO has very low risk of chromosomal abnormalities, since I have genetic disorders in my family. 

The bad news? All I have to do is click on a link in my email to find out baby's sex! I can't read the full report, since it includes the sex. This is a true test of will power, but I'm staying strong. 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    MrsVP614 said:
    So, I received my genetic screening results last night. A huge relief to find out LO has very low risk of chromosomal abnormalities, since I have genetic disorders in my family. 

The bad news? All I have to do is click on a link in my email to find out baby's sex! I can't read the full report, since it includes the sex. This is a true test of will power, but I'm staying strong. 
    You have more will power than me. I'd be clicking the crap out of that button lol
  • Options
    I asked this in another thread, but I'm curious: when are you telling people?  I've only told *a few* close friends/family members, and I'm 12w4d.  When do you think is a good time to tell everyone else?  I've noticed that if you haven't been pregnant, months make a lot more sense than weeks, so I would like to say "I'm x number of months" -- 3 1/2? 4? Well I'll look forward to hearing what you all did in the past and/or are doing!  :)
  • Options
    @margareth We told ILs at 14 weeks since it was the beginning of second tri and said they could tell whoever, whenever. It took about 2.5 seconds for the town to find out. We told close friends around the same time whenever we saw them in person. We made a low key FB announcement at 25 weeks (after viability). It's really a personal choice for when to tell though. 
  • Options
    @Becky012016 Thanks!  Maybe I'll wait until after my Week 16 appointment, since that's the next time I'm going into the doctor and it's in about 3-4 weeks.  I'm comfortable just having a few people know... But sometimes it feels weird not to talk about, since it's the biggest thing on my mind!
  • Options
    margareth said:
    @Becky012016 Thanks!  Maybe I'll wait until after my Week 16 appointment, since that's the next time I'm going into the doctor and it's in about 3-4 weeks.  I'm comfortable just having a few people know... But sometimes it feels weird not to talk about, since it's the biggest thing on my mind!
    Don't tell until you are ready. We told a few very, very close friends right away but waited till about 18 weeks to tell our parents. I didn't let them share the news till I was about 22 weeks. Not a word at work till about 22 weeks either (even though I am positive there was gossip!). 

We never shared on social media till she was born. Basically, if we weren't related or I didn't see you in 9 months, you may have not known I was pregnant. I was very, very anxious last time and feel much better this go-round, so it is likely I will be more liberal with telling. But I still don't plan to share on social media. Ever.
  • Options
    @sarahufl Thanks for this info as well!  I'll ask my parents not to tell people.  Since I'm PGAL I'm especially sensitive, though I only had one miscarriage and it was early.  I'm not on social media (FB dropout) so that shouldn't be a problem.  ;-)
  • Options
    Is anyone having a hard time staying strong for Team Green? I keep going back and forth and almost changing my mind!! I have always wanted it to be a surprise and luckily have a good friend who was Team Green for all four encouraging me.  Anybody else struggling or decided to switch and know? 
  • Options
    @towntowns yup, struggling. It would be nice to tell DS if he is getting a brother or sister. And what we have might make a difference in if I decide to suffer through another pregnancy. So knowing might help with that. But I still really want the surprise come September so... still team green for now. 
  • Options
    @towntowns I'm the same way! But I keep telling myself, once I know, I can't un-know, if that makes sense. I think deep down we all WANT to know, but it's weighing that want with the big reveal at the end. 
    But do what you want! Team Green is definitely not for everyone.

I'm struggling with dealing with others. My MIL and her sister are driving us nuts over not knowing. I invited MIL to 20 week US, and she's trying to convince us that she could find out, but we're standing strong in saying that if we don't get to know, no one gets to, and the point is that it's a surprise for everyone. 
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20