November 2016 Moms

Sleepy times

figured this could be a good place to talk about all things sleeping from over nights to naps and tips and tricks and questions!!

baby is 10 weeks tomorrow. I am wondering when I should start a more implemented nap schedule? And how to go about doing so? Right now I just let him fall asleep whenever he wants. Usually on the boob. 

Re: Sleepy times

• @kristah2 I am wondering the same!! He is 11 weeks today and I tried nap time after he fell asleep breastfeeding twice and he lasted 15 minutes but didn't sleep at all in his crib. We have done this a few times and no luck sleeping. I bought a couple different sleep sack type things but am hoping to get him sleeping in his crib mid January. So nervous for the change because he sleeps 6-8 hours a night in his rock n play but it needs to happen before I go back to work!
    Help! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I would just let them set their own schedule regarding naps for the first year. Once they turn one it's easier to have "nap times" prior to that their sleep patterns change too much. You will notice patterns however so just follow their lead.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are trying nap times but honestly it isn't working well because he wants to sleep when he wants to, not when I say to :)
  • It's usually better to follow awake times rather than specific nap times. It's also really good to implement a routine for nap and bed. I found the babycenter sleep board a really good reference for schedules and wake times and also sleep training info