September 2017 Moms
Options

Who have you told?

I'm not referring to the "big announcement".  Who in your immediate world knows?

Obviously, DH knows.  I've also told a couple of close friends who knew we were ttc.  That's it.

Re: Who have you told?

• Options
    DH, my coworker and boss.  I am torn to tell anyone else at this point especially my son.  We had two losses last year and can not bring myself to tell my son again until it is confirmed.  It is heartbreaking to try to explain to a four year old Mommy no longer has a baby in her belly.  It broke my heart :(
  • Options
    @JustBored10 I hadn't even thought to tell my 4 year old.  We'll probably wait until I'm pretty much showing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've told our immediate family and my best friend.

@JustBored10 that is so heartbreaking, I can see why you are waiting! Good vibes for you this time around!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My sister and brother-in-law and one friend know right now. I am going to tell my trainer at my gym (who is also a friend) this week so my workouts can be altered. Other than that, we are trying to wait til after our first appointment on 2/1. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have told my parents and in laws. I have not decided when I will tell the rest of the immediate family or work. My siblings can't keep secrets well. **TW** with my previous two I told my boss right away and then ended up losing both of them like a week or 2 later, so not sure what the right thing is to do this time. I'm thinking I should tell her in case something happens and need to take time off. **end TW**.
    And if all goes well, I am planning to announce to everyone like February 8th.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just found out yesterday myself lol Jan 2. Obvi Hubby and only have told my close friend from college who will be TTC next month. I'm scared to tell my mom just cause she is very opinionated. Over the next few days I will have to suck it up and tell my mom and my sister. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @stephann85 I work in an office with just myself, one part time tax assistant and my boss.  He is a CPA and I am the office manager.  I told him early this time because my first appointment is tomorrow and I know I will most likely have more upcoming due to my miscarriage history and me being a new patient at the midwives office I will be going to.  I also carry an antibody which will have to be monitored which most likely will mean more ultrasounds.  It is hard to make the decision on who to tell but to be honest with my last two losses it helped to have more support than less in case anything does happen.  
  • Options
    Just me, FI, and my OB office. We plan to tell my parents when we see them this weekend. 
    Me: 26 ; FI: 27
    DS1: 5 ; DS2: 4m
    Baby #3 Due 9/7/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @JustBored10 I completely agree... a previous loss made me realize I wouldn't want NO ONE to know, regardless of what happens. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband and my sister but that's it. With my first I was having a lot of complications that required me to spill before I wanted to. This time I plan to start telling family after my appointment. I'll probably mention it to my boss so he has a heads up. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So far, we've told my 3 best friends who knew we were working with a RE, our immediate families and my chiropractor.  That'll likely be it until we hit double digit weeks.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    I've told DH, my parents, my in laws, my close friends because I needed to ask a question lol. And I told our neighbours on NYE thinking they'd be too intoxicated to remember. WRONG, they remember. 

I feel like I'm already showing, and my coworkers knew I was ttc so I feel like they're all going to ask and I'm terrible at lying. Just awful. 
  • Options
    Hubby and one coworker only.  I am trying to stay quiet until my first OB appointment and I see the precious heartbeat!!
  • Options
    The only person I have told is my best friend but DH doesn't even know I told her LOL. We are not planning on telling anyone even our parents for a while.  My biggest worry is telling my kids who will be 11, 9, and 8 when baby is born.   I think they will be excited but it will be a big change and I totally understand if they will have some concerns :)

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Only me and DH know right now! It's been so hard keeping it from friends and family, especially with Christmas and NYE. I am normally a pretty avid wine drinker, so coming up with excuses as to why I'm not drinking has been interesting. We decided to wait after our 1st Appt on Jan 31st (8w6d) just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    Other than my husband, my parents. I will tell my immediate family within the next month. I did go through a miscarriage in September and having already told people helped because they were able to support me but I feel like it made my husband and parent leery of telling people so quickly this time. 
  • Options
    My husband and my sister. It has been very hard keeping it a secret this past week because we were with family the whole time! We want to wait to tell them until after we've had our confirmation appointment with the OB. My sister only knows because she guessed ... and my husband doesn't know I've told her! 
  • Options
    We can't shut up about it lol we've told my parents, sister, some friends, his mom, his aunt, his mom told his sister (don't get me started on that... *insert eye roll here*) not too many others until after our OB appointment 2/16
  • Options
    No one knows except DH. With my DD I told bff the same day and everyone about nine weeks. This time is a supprise and I'm still digesting it. I want to wait a long time to tell. I had a very difficult pregnancy with my first and I know some people will judge us for getting pregnant again when things could go wrong, especially getting pregnant so quickly again (DD is 7 months). So we'll see how long I can make it. Will tell bff in a few weeks but everyone else wait as long as possible. 
  • Options
    Just my husband and I know so far  :# we will probably keep it our little secret for a while longer yet (though I'm already thinking about how to tell my parents!)
  • Options
    toshandbabiestoshandbabies member
    edited January 2017
    Just my DH knows. I told my 16 month old daughter; she obviously doesn't understand, but I have to talk to someone about the excitement!

Most of my immediate family knows we've been ttc, so I was planning on telling them right away, but my sister just announced she's expecting her first baby so I didn't want to steal the spotlight ;)

I want to wait until after the first appointment but my ob doesn't see patients until 12 weeks which seems like forever to wait!
  • Options
    PKFMommiePKFMommie member
    edited January 2017
    @Toshandbaby
    12 weeks!  I would ABSOULTELY die.  I'm losing my mind over waiting 2 weeks to be seen! 

Edit:  Just DH and I know and we are dying to tell someone/anyone else but I've had some scant spotting that is likely cervical irritation (I have had prolonged cough/illness) and (thankfully) doesn't seem to be progressing... but it still makes me hesitant to say anything until our appt in a few weeks.  We will probably tell my work once viability confirmed at our OB appt, because I have occupational hazards I will need to be accommodated for, but we will probably tell our son and the rest of the world closer to or at the end of the first trimester, to play it safe!

Me: 31 & DH: 36
    Married 2009
    DS: 6 y/o
    TTC #2 for (way too long)
    BFP: 12/30/2016 !!!

• Options
    Only my husband knows!  We found out a couple of days before all of our Christmas parties so we had to get super creative to make it look like I was drinking (I am not one to turn down a glass of wine or a beer, so it would have been obvious!)

I did go to the dentist today and had to tell them.  It was kind of fun to talk about, but I am so nervous and anxious with it being so early, so it was hard for me to talk about too much.

We plan on trying to hold off telling our close friends and family until after our first appointment on the 27th.  We will tell everyone else after the first trimester!

• Options
    Ended up telling my boss this afternoon. Figured I tell her in case symptoms got bad and had to leave or had to take extra time off for appointments.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just DH and DS know. We're waiting a little while (maybe after the first ultrasound) to tell family and close friends. 
  • Options
    Only DH knows! We suffered a miscarriage few months ago and want to be on the safe side before letting anyone know. I couldn't believe I'm pregnant again and made DH buy tons of pregnancy tests. Waiting for our first appointment 3rd week of Jan and fingers crossed we will have a healthy sticky bean this time round.  :D
  • Options
    Everyone. My husband even made it facebook official. We were going to try to keep it a secret.... but we're so excited we failed miserably. Plus, my family is really good at spilling the beans... so we went ahead and told our news before anyone else could do it for us.
  • Options
    After 2 losses, we are waiting before even telling parents this time. I will tell my mom in a week or two because of my health and she will need to know just in case something happens like last time. But no one else until 12 weeks. I'm an ICU nurse so work may have to be told sooner. My bff knows also because we were TTC together and shared pregnancy tests.

All the strangers will be told though (if it gets brought up)! The cashier at the grocery store, the waitress, patient's family members.. haha. It's fun to say "Why yes, I'm pregnant with my first" when asked if you want kids!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Me and DH told both our sides of the family almost immediately and a couple close friends. Just made it Facebook official almost a week ago . I suck at keeping secrets lol
  • Options
    I've told my husband and my very best friend who has also experienced a loss before. I had a M/C in July so we aren't telling anyone until we see and hear a heart beat and even then will probably wait until 12 weeks or more just to be safe. 
  • Options
    I told DH on Christmas Eve night when we exchange gifts, and it was awesome!
    It's been hard to keep it a secret, so we told a couple who we're really close with, because we know we'd tell them if things take a turn for the worse too. May tell by BFF and her husband too, when we see them next.
    We're waiting to tell family until after our first appointment, at about 8 weeks. I just want to hear heartbeat first and make sure everything is normal before we get everyone else super involved. We may tell a few other close family members after that.
    Even though co-workers keep bugging me about getting KU, we won't announce at work (we work at the same place) until after first trimester, if we can help it. Same with Facebook announcement.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    Told my boss because of the many doctors appointments I have had to change my schedule for. It is just easier to be upfront. Everyone else will have to wait till 2nd tri or I become to big to hide it since it's my 3rd
  • Options
    Just close friends and a few close coworkers so far, and my boss today after a spotting scare (but I think everything will be ok!). We'll announce to our family around 8 weeks and the rest of our acquaintances after our first ultrasound, then the Facebook world at 12 weeks ... like we did with our first :)
  • Options
    Only DH and my close friend, who knew we were trying, know. We won't announce to family until after our first appointment on 2/9 and I'm hesitant to even tell my parents because my mom is really pessimistic and not supportive.

I probably won't tell work until I'm showing. I graduate with my bachelors in May and am banking on my current job promoting me from my current internship. I know they arent allowed to legally fire me but they could 'terminate' my current position. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JessicaMae92.  My MIL and SIL are pessimistic towards DH and I usually.  For truly unknown (to us) reasons,  so I understand being nervous about telling family!  My other SIL is currently pregnant with twins and my MIL is thrilled with everything about that, so I kind of feel like she will just view this as us taking attention away.   Or talk about how she won't have time for everyone.   I'm usually not a negative person at all but I'm just expecting them to be negative!

Also,  I have a review at my job in February and I'm hoping to hold out until after my review to tell my work. I don't think they will hold it against me but I really don't want to give them a reason to

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sugarpixxie2 I'm glad I'm not the only one with negative family members! I'm tempted to not tell anyone until I start showing.

My SIL has struggled with infertility for years and adopted a newborn last year. Before Thanksgiving she told me they wanted to try IVF this spring, so its going to be tough telling her but we'llmake sure shes the first of family to know.

It sucks we have to worry about our jobs just because we're women. I'm not usually for the whole feminist stuff, but when it comes to pregnancy at work we really get ripped off!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've told my DH but that is it. If I'm being honest I wish I had waited until I got my blood work back though and know what my HCG levels are. I hated the look on his face when I had to explain the two previous times what the low levels meant
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @JessicaMae92 Have you thought about how you're going to tell her? Most of my friends in her position prefer text messages pre-empted by "I want to tell you this in private so you can process whatever emotions you need to". Might be helpful to guarantee she's not in the grocery store or out with friends when she reads it.

She also may not want to hear anything about your pregnancy, or even be around for family announcements. Definitely discuss with her if she would prefer those things. She will love you both even more for thinking of her feelings!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: