September 2017 Moms
Options

Headaches

what are some good remedies for headaches? I keep having waves of them. Drinking lots of water but my go to is usually Advil and I'm trying to avoid that at this time. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Headaches

• Options
    Now that I am a little limited with what I can have my go to is Tylenol. It is on the approved list for safe medications during pregnancy. Sometimes if it is really bad I will have a single cup of coffee or a soda with caffeine, but this is kind of a last resort as I am trying to stay away from caffeine.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You could try aroma therapy, I don't use it for headaches but I do use it to sleep sometimes just ask your doctor what's okay because I know some of the essential oils aren't okay during pregnancy :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually drink hot water with honey!  It should be raw, unfiltered honey, if you have it.
  • Options
    Lots of water! Stay hydrated and eat an apple.  Tylenol is the only "safe" medicine but usually not recommended till the second trimester. Also, I know aromatherapy was talked about but even that is not deemed safe during pregnancy. 
  • Options
     Here is an article that has some natural remedies for headaches and even some tips on how to prevent them. https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/headaches-and-pregnancy/
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been told magnesium tablets work wonders! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Vicks vapor rub on your temples. Cold compress on your face. Steamy shower. Peppermint tea helps sometimes. I find I am getting headaches more this time than with my first and Tylenol is doing nothing. Amazon has hot/cold face masks that work great. 
  • Options
    Yes Tylenol does nothing for me either. I don't plan to take that. I'll try some of these suggestions 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy I used peppermint oil on my forehead and temples. Always helped once I go to bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Tylenol doesn't do anything for me either. I use tea tree and peppermint oil for headaches. I also like a cup of hot tea with honey. Sometimes just breathing in the steam from the hot tea brings relief.
  • Options
    I have had headaches nearly every day since before I found out I was pregnant and it truly is miserable. I used to take Aleve and my headache would be gone within minutes but I cannot do that anymore. I try to avoid medicine generally but I did take a couple of Tylenol this morning and after a few hours it seemed to help a bit. 
  • Options
    The headaches are strong with this one! Just shoot me...started yesterday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17